I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, April 1, 2019

Kitchen Rooster Art

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Okay, so you may have been wondering what have I been doing with all my time off.......

I have to admit that it is strange not working......

In the 5 weeks that I have been off, this is what I accomplished......

I have managed to take down and pack away Valentine's decorations in the Living Room and the Dining Room, Winter decorations in the Powder Room and in the front of the house with huge assistance from Joe .....

I have also taken down and packed away Christmas decorations that were still up in the Den, upstairs hallway, master bedroom and bathroom......

I still have the Sitting Room and Craft Room to do but I am really not that far behind as it usually does take me until the middle of March to take down Christmas in the upstairs..........

I admit that it has not been easy doing this and there have been times when I have questioned myself, wondering why the heck do I decorate the way I do for Christmas and every Holiday.....

 I have to take frequent breaks and put my leg up on an ottoman with some ice on my knee.....

I have learned to take a little folding stool around with me to sit on while working in a particular area so I am not standing too long which causes horrific pain in my knee after awhile.....

 I have also gone through and reorganized almost every drawer and cabinet in the house!!

I am used to moving at a much faster pace and having to get things done within the time constraints of being off from work so this has been aggravating to me but I am learning to SLOW down.....

I am not the type of  person who can "just sit around and do nothing".....

Now, I have been "dabbling" a bit in the Kitchen and changing a few things around.....

I also have been doing a bit of crafting......

But first, I want to Thank Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post, Vintage Suitcases and Transferware, from last week's Friday Feature Linky Party!!!
Thanks so much, Karren!!!

I also want to Thank Liberty, over at B4 and Afters, for featuring my post, Joe's Whimpies, from last week's The Best of the Weekend Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Liberty!!

Each time Joe's Whimpie recipe post get featured, his head gets a bit bigger!!!  LOL!!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

A few years ago, I bought a few Valentine grab bags at Michael's and 4 of these were in those bags.....
 Did you know that Michael's makes up grab bags after seasonal merchandise has been marked down to 90% off for a few days.......

To sell the merchandise, they throw a few things together in bags and sell them for $2 or $3!!!

 I did use 2 of them to make 2 of these plaques for my Kitchen right after I bought them.....
Last year, I found a set of these pot holders in Dollar Tree......
 They also had matching place mats which are what I used to upcycle these old Home Interior pictures in the Kitchen.....
Changing them to look like this......
 Click HERE if you missed that post......

This year, I discovered that Dollar Tree has a whole new line of Rooster Kitchen items!!!

Recently, I bought these items at Dollar Tree!!!

These pot holders come in a set so I bought 2 sets.....
 Place mats, dish towels and dish clothes......
Now I have said it before, I am not a fan of the Farmhouse Style trend but I do admire it in other people's homes.........

I am a color girl and have always had Hens and Roosters in my Kitchen because number 1, they went well with my red and yellow Kitchen and number 2 because I have always been partial to French Country Design in the Kitchen.....

Roosters, copper, yellow and red, etc.......French Country!!

I decided to use these 2 pot holders for my project......
 I started off by removing (ripping off) the existing fabric panel ....
I cut the pot holder to size and hot glued it on to the plaque.....
I then hot glued some gold gimp trim around the edges......
I then glued a red rose trim around and added red ribbon roses to the corners and center of the gimp trim.....
I also added a slightly larger red rose ribbon flower to the corners.....
 As a Victorian soul, I had to throw those roses in to the mix!!

I did the same thing to the other pot holder......
Here are all 4 of the plaques together.....
And here is where I hung them........
 For over 30 years, I had old Home Interiors sconces hanging on each side of the cabinets above the sink.......

These are the sconces this past Christmas......
 I know even though copper has always been in my Kitchen and now it is back with a vengeance but I wanted something different......

So I decided it was time to pass them on so I donated them to Salvation Army.....

On the left side......
And the right side........
I hope you enjoyed seeing this simple little project of mine.....

 I do miss decorating for Easter but I just physically can not do it right now so I am trying to change up the "Normal" decor in my house......

I have a bit more changes that I have been making to the Kitchen to share before I show you how the whole Kitchen looks with just a bit of "Dabbling"..........

Keeping Things Real......

We had a burst of Spring weather this weekend and actually had temps in the high 60's on Saturday before we plummeted into the 30's and 40's on Sunday.....

 I seized the day or "Carpe Diem" and enjoyed sitting out on the front porch watching Joe clean up the front yard after the Winter!!!

I was "supervising" the job because I am the one who usually does it!!

A friend and former co worker of mine, who I missed getting to say Good Bye to when my unit at work closed in November because I was off from work for a few days, was selling Girl Scout Cookies with her daughter's Troop at the local Mall right by my house.....

She posted that they would be there on face book so Joe and I went down to buy some cookies and to see her and her family!!
I have no idea why Joe looks like he just crawled out of bed!!!!
He was working on our taxes before we left the house....maybe that is why he looks like this since we have to pay....AGAIN!!!!

It was great to catch up with my old friend, Nancy, even though I needed to sit for the rest of the day with my knee up on an ottoman because I had to walk half of the mall to get to where she was but it was worth it!!!

 I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party 

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
DIY Salvaged Projects Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday
Heart and Soul Link Up


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

20 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love this - thanks for sharing! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project and I love the way you switched things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you have been busy working away haven't you? Good for you. Loving all your craftiness! You amaze me! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie, THANKS SO MUCH for your sweet comment and for your support of visiting each week and linking up to our blog party! I will continue to visit you at your blog!
    I love the cute roosters and how you fixed them up with the trim and your glue gun. My mom loved roosters too and decorated with them in her kitchen.
    Have wonderful day and week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those cute roosters and chics pictures ! Such a warm and pretty decorations for the kitchen. This is the cutest idea my friend, you are so creative !
    Have a super week.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, you did a great job with the rooster pot holders. The plaques look very nice.
    Stay of your knee as much as you can.
    I have an appointment for my cataracts on Thursday for a consultation. I hope they can remove them soon.
    Have a good week. Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea! I love roosters, and my goal is to have one in every room. We moved here last year, and I've only managed to get two rooms so far. I love the way these turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rooster theme for your pretty kitchen
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. We used to have a Rooster theme kitchen and I loved all the red but since we moved I am switching over to Blue decor. Love your new window decor and what a fun craft using those pot holders. I never would have thought of that. It sounds to me like you need to take it easy a little more while the healing is still taking place young lady. You are staying so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you made the pot holders into plaques, Debbie! They are very colorful and brighten up your walls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful idea to decorate your kitchen. It looked so country. I really enjoyed it, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a very smart idea. I guess I'm a rebel when it comes to following trends. I like farmhouse decor and am doing my whole house in that theme. The wall color is going to stay neutral but the decor is whatever I feel says, "farmhouse" to me. If it can grow outdoors and live on a farm it's farmhouse in my book. Who makes up these rules any way? I blaze my own trails. That's called being a true blue farm girl at heart.
    #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie! I love this idea of using pot holders as kitchen art. I honestly have a few pot holders that I have bought and never used because they are pretty and I don't want them to get dirty. Now I know what to do with them. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 3-D additions to those rooster prints are so fun and clever! Thanks for sharing at #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a brilliant idea. I really enjoy chicken decor it always cheers me up. You picture is wonderful and I love seeing the big happy smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanna,
      Thanks again for stopping by!! I love chicken decor especially in the Kitchen . I have had it there for years!! Thank you for the kind words about our picture!! I miss the people I worked with bu I do not miss the job and all the drama that was going on before I went on Medical Leave!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  17. What a great creative idea, I love it! Its wonderful when you can take something and repurpose it into something so nice as always love stopping in to see what your up too, Enjoy your summer Lisa @sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...