I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Vintage Suitcases and Transferware

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

A few posts ago, I shared how I decorated the China Cupboard in the Den using Transferware.....

In the first post, I shared the top of the China Cupboard.....
 Click HERE if you missed it........

In the second post, I shared how I decorated the inside of the China Cupboard with my collection of Transferware dishes......
Click HERE if you missed this post......

Before I go any further, I want to Thank Jennifer. over at Life Tales Books and Personal Publishing,
 for featuring my post, How I Love Transferware Dishes, from last week's Heart and Soul Linky Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Jennifer!!!

I also want to Thank Angelina, over at Petite Haus, for also featuring the same post, from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Party!!
 Thanks so much, Angelina!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!

Today, I want to share the last area of the China Cupboard ........
 The area around the bottom and side of it......
 I have 2 vintage suitcases placed underneath the China Cupboard that I like to use for display.........
  Since the color theme of the Den is blue, burgundy and beige, the pieces of red and blue transferware dishes fit in beautifully I think........
I have also used several other items in these same colors.......
There is a small table next to the chair.....
 On top of the table........
Is a crock filled with a floral arrangement that I made......
On top of the table is a wooden heart that I glued a candle to and a few blue and white ornaments.......
The card propped against the crock says.......

"Come and share a pot of Tea, my home is warm ad my friendship's free!!!
Beneath the small table is a cute little plaid chair......
A sweet little bear is sitting in the chair.....
Since I will not be able to decorate for the Patriotic Holidays of the Summer, this area already had a bit of Patriotic tones to it.....
On top of the two vintage suitcases.......
On the top suitcase........
 The Patriotic beach houses were bought a few years ago at Pier One......
On the side of this house is a mini blue and white china tea set......
On the other side of the beach house......
The marking on the bottom of the saucer.......
There is no marking on the cup.....
Over on the other side.......
Is the other beach house......
On the bottom suitcase......
The sugar bowl did not have a lid so I placed a few flowers inside of it that I bought at a flea market that were made of panty hose.....
Both the sugar bowl and the dish next to it have this marking on it......

The lid standing up against the top suitcase .........
Is from the covered casserole that I used on top of the China Cupboard to hold a bird cage.....
The red, white and blue bottle brush trees were also bought at Pier One......
The marking on the bottom of the saucer and tea cup set.......
An Uncle Sam like cute little guy......
. On the side of the China Cupboard.......
There used to be a small corner shelf hanging on the wall next to the China Cupboard but I donated it to Salvation Army......
 The corner now has a cleaner look.....
I filled the red truck with some greenery.....
I placed a large crock in the corner, placed a blue transferware dinner plate on top of it and then placed this sweet Patriotic doll that I bought last year at a church flea sale......
I embellished her a little bit last year......
This area is going to stay this way for the Summer.......

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I used transferware to decorate this area of the Den......
 I finally have the entire downstairs now void of Holiday and Seasonal decor.......

I do still have to un-decorate the upstairs as it is still decorated for Christmas but this is not unusual because I usually do this in March........

I will be glad when I get that done......

With my knee, it has been a struggle but I am taking it slow......

I pretty much am confined to the house as walking anywhere is very painful for me.....

I still have 5 weeks to go before my surgery so I do want to start a few craft projects.....

I do plan to share what I have been doing in the house so I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday
Heart and Soul Link Up

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. That is very patriotic looking. I could not do that as my three year old grand doll would be into all of it. I love those dishes!
    www.Slatersfunnyfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and love your romantic china. Thanks for your sweet words
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a collection of Transferware you have! It's lovely. I also love those vintage suitcases! I have seen a few of those here and there, and I always consider buying them. I'm just not sure where I would put them. The little red truck is fabulous, as well. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a couple of vintage suitcases like these pictured and I like how you're show casing them. I might steal the idea someday to use in our home. ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to feature you--it was a popular post. :) I just love the red and blue here. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing at #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin the red white and blues! Thanks for showing us your Transferware! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! We hope you will join us again next week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing your treasures. I am so glad you have a countdown for you knee surgery. I had a shot of cortisone in my L knee almost 2 weeks ago and it is better; so thankful it still works for me. It is a joy to walk up stairs foot over foot again. Although it will be uncomfortable, you will feel so much better afterward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! The cortisone shots worked for me for a good many years but I guess after 6 years, it was time!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. It's always fun to see what you are up to, and I put a few more Christmas items downstairs to storage this week myself. Love your transfer ware and who can't use a vintage suitcase, though they don't show up very often anymore!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...