I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, March 29, 2019

"An Elegant Lady" Powder Room

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
 I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

I looked back at my old posts and it has been about 2 years since I did an entire post on our Powder Room.........

I have shared bits and pieces here and there so I decided since I will not be decorating for Easter this year because of my impending Knee Replacement surgery that I would share how our downstairs Powder Room looks when it is not decorated for Christmas or Winter.....

First, I want to Thank these hosts who featured my post, Place Mats and Roosters!!!

Thanks to Shelley, over at Calypso in the Country, and Liberty, over at B4 and Afters, for featuring it as  the Most Clicked On from last week's Best of the Weekend Party!!!!
Thanks so much, Shelley and Liberty!!!

And also thanks to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn , for choosing it as one of her features it from last week's Over the Moon Party!!!
Thanks again , Bev!!

I want to Thank Marilyn, over at Marilyn's Treats, for choosing my post, Joe's Whimpies. as one of her features from last week's Over the Moon Party!!
 Thanks so much, Marilyn!!


And I also want to Thank Jennifer. over at Life Tales Books and Personal Publishing,  for featuring the same post as one of the Most Read from last week's Heart and Soul Linky Party!!! 
  Thanks so much, Jennifer!!!

Joe was thrilled that his recipe for Whimpies was featured!!!

I also want to Thank ALL the Hosts of the monthly You're the Star Linky party for choosing my post, Life Changes in an Instant, as one of the extra features for the extra 5th week of the party this month!!
Thanks to all the hosts of this monthly party!!

Please stop by and link up to these wonderful parties!!

This is going to be a long post, heavy on the photos, so I suggest you grab a cup of coffee or tea and get comfy!!!

Now you may remember that  I decorated the Powder Room with Snow Buddies for Christmas and Winter but once Winter is over, this room takes on a totally different look!!!

The Powder Room decorated for Christmas......
Blue,white and silver is the color theme for the Christmas decorations....
The gray walls go well with the decorations and provides a neutral background......
But come the Spring....the Powder Room takes on a whole different look!!!
Let's start at the door......

I hung a pink and white floral wreath that I made on the door......
An antique iron door stop holds the door open......
Above the door hangs a "Powder Room' sign and an angel hugs the door frame......
In the corner to the right of the door.....
I had to shut off the lights because of the glare.......
The color theme of the room has now changed to pink, white, black and silver.....
Of course it has a Victorian vibe to it.........
It is a small room with little space for displays so I use a lot of shelves......

This is an old Home Interiors shelf that I had spray painted black......
2 vintage silver candlesticks......
The tins were bought several years ago at Michael's and the perfume bottle is a vintage Avon one.......
Hanging underneath the shelf........
A Home Interiors picture.....
And one of a set of pictures bought at a yard sale.......
Hanging on the right side of the pictures......
A vintage match holder and one of three signs bought on Amazon.....
With the lights on....
The medicine cabinet....
Some greenery and silver mercury glass votives rest on top of the medicine cabinet......
The sink area......
The other 2 signs bought from Amazon......
A set of Silhouetes......
 That is mouthwash stored in the vintage crystal wine decanter......
 Handmade soaps in a silver tea cup......

What I call "instant" relatives grace this photo frame......
"Instant " Relatives are photos that I bought at yard sales, estate sales or flea markets......
Moving around the room......
To the right of the medicine cabinet.....
The other picture from the set bought at a yard sale........
I also bought this at a yard sale.....
A shelf unit above the toilet that I spray painted black......
On the top shelf.....
Another tin bought at Michael's, a "Hat" photo frame with "Instant" relatives and pink flowers in a sterling silver bud vase......
On the other side of the shelf is a candlestick with a beaded shade.....
On the other shelf.....
A vintage perfume decanter, more "Instant" relatives and a candle holder......
More photo frames and a pink perfume bottle.......
Hanging under the shelf unit is a Powder Room sign.....
This was a little project as the lettering and trim around the edges were blue.....
I simply took a black permanent marker and went over all the blue areas......
Now it looks much better in this room.....
Dark gray towels and pink and white striped wash cloths.....

On top of the toilet.....
In the corner.......
A candle chandy that I bought many years ago on Clearance in Target......
I hung a vintage tole tray in the corner and added a pink floral swag to it.....
Hanging from the tray is a pink embellished glove, a silver wire purse and a silver tea pot ornament.......
In the corner is an etagere........
I chose to decorate the Powder Room like this after my dear neighbor Elly, who passed away, had 2 curios in her bedroom that were filled with fancy purses, costume jewelry, combs, shoes and gloves.....
Her curios are now in my Dining Room........

But Elly gave me the inspiration to decorate the Powder Room like she did her bedroom.............in An Elegant Lady theme.....

Hence the title of this post.....

On the first shelf....
Another tin from Michael's and a perfume bottle.....
The little clothes pin was bought as a set of 3 in the Dollar bins at Michael's.....

The pictures of the pretty Ladies in hats came from Angie, over at Knick of Time.....

Here is a link to her graphics page......

https://knickoftime.net/antique-graphics-to-print

All of Angie's graphics are free for personal use but please contact her if you plan on using them commercially.

Also, please let her know that you used her graphics in a project and send her a link....

On the other side is a mirror draped with pearls and black gloves with a pretty pin.....
A black sequin evening bag and a sterling silver brush and comb set......
 I added a cute pin to the purse......
On the second shelf......
Another silver photo frame with a picture of another pretty Lady...
 A vintage hair comb.....
Another evening clutch with a vintage style pin......
And a vintage vanity decanter.......

A black wire purse and a sterling silver hand mirror.....
A glove with a black cameo pin.....
A lady with a grand hat photo frame with a photo of my maternal Grandmother in it....
The third shelf is for every day toiletries.....
Next to the large etagere is another small one.......
On the top shelf......
A fancy silver evening clutch draped with a black glove sporting a pretty Lady pin.....
Rings and pearls embellish a "hand"......
More frames with Ladies in Hats pictures........

A bar of lavender soap that I embellished.....
A fancy ring rests in a ring dish and another photo frame....
The black pump bottle that contains lotion was bought at Dollar Tree.....
 A black and pink garter hangs from this etagere....
On the bottom shelf is a "Bathroom" Tissue cover that I bought many years ago at a yard sale for $1.00!!!
And a container for glass wipes!!!
There are several shelves on this wall.......
 The silver sconce was gifted to me....
On 2 old Home Interior shelves......
The top shelf of another wicker shelf unit that I spray painted black.....
Several years ago, I saw a blogger add rings to perfume bottles so I have done the same.....
Again, "Instant" relatives grace these pretty silver heart frames.....

This large embellished perfume bottle was something I won in a Giveaway hosted by a fellow blogger when beautiful hand made items were offered in Giveaways......
The roses are actually soaps from Dollar Tree......
On the next shelf.....
That is a picture of my Mother as a small child in this photo frame.....
Pink perfume bottles and more "Instant" relatives.......
A vintage hair comb.....

This is a photo on my grandmother and mother outside my great grandmother's house......

My Mother would be 100 years old this year.....
Next shelf.......
More pink perfume bottles.....
Another vintage hair comb......
Old Home Interior sconces hang on the side of the shelf unit.....
I hung black ornaments from the bottom of them........
And pink purse ornaments at the top of them......
The pink flower candle rings on these scones match the floral sconce that I hung on the tole tray in the corner.......

All were bought at a church flea market......

And I hung another black evening bag from this sconce......
I embellished it with feathers, a pink ribbon rose and 2 vintage style pins....
I painted this frame pink and used wall paper border and a silver paper photo frame to create this little picture......
Q tips and cotton balls are stored in this silver sugar and creamer set that rest on top of yet another wicker shelf unit used for magazines and storing tiolet paper!!
On the other wall is the closet that houses our washer and dryer behind bifold doors......

Above the closet........
The white tile like wall hangings were bought last Summer at one of the stores that suffered tornando damage by our house for $2.00 each......

This is the 3rd floral swag bought at that church flea market.....
And I made the embellished heart plaque when I used to sell crafts at Craft Fairs.......

Okay........

Whew!!  That was a long one!!

I hope I did not bore you to death with this very long post.......

It usually takes me about a day and a half to change this Powder Room over from one look to the other but it took me 3 days this time because of the pain in my knee.......

Before I leave you....

A few Before and Afters.......












 The neutral gray walls make it possible to change the color of the accent pieces to whatever you chose!!

This room will stay this way until I decorate it for Christmas again........

Speaking of Christmas, I shared an embroidery project that took my over 30 years to finish over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas....
 Click HERE to read about it and why it took me over 30+ years!!!!

I hope you will be back to visit again........

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday
Heart and Soul Link Up

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

18 comments:

  1. Debbie I just love your classic black and white powder room. It truly is the perfect base for adding fun pops of color! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas of a powder room, how elegant, and of your instant relatives photos. Your Christmas blue, white and silver is especially pretty. Yesterday I had severe sudden pain in my knee, and then I read that you are having knee replacement surgery. Best wishes for you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked to see one more of their decorated rooms. I like the pink and white floral wreath because I like a lot of hortens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This black and white and gray powder room is fabulous dear Debbie, I simply love it !
    Every detail is so though out to embody a perfect Victorian room. If I went to your house, I'd go first here, lol...!
    Big hugs dear friend.
    Have a terrific weekend.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness so much to look at and admire, what an amazing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue is my favorite color, so I loved your Christmas powder room decor decor, but the pink also looks so beautifully feminine and goes so well with the cute black signs and pretty floral pictures and vintage photo prints. Good luck with your knee surgery! I had foot surgery in January and my foot is just about getting back to normal. I did not like being inactive for weeks and now find I have to build my stamina again, but I'm glad I did the surgery. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -- I'm not sure how you have the energy to do this while you are waiting for surgery -- it looks as though it took a ton of time! You have so many pretty touches with the Victorian style, vintage photos and lovely details. I'm especially fond of the silhouettes. Good luck with the surgery. Rick has his Monday (next week, not coming up)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the black, white, and pink color theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love black painted wicker. Lovely powder room and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the pink and black. So classy. Thanks for the shout out, too! :) Thanks for sharing this post at #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like very much the new pink and black colours. Your powder room looks so elegant. Thank you for your kind words as usual
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I almost fell over when you showed your antique door stop. It's darling. I love a neutral wall color and then change up the accent color. The gray is perfect for that. Pink and black is always gorgeous. You have so many cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, It as awesome to see all the details of your powder room! When I find small "relatives" pictures, I save them for my dollhouse relatives; I smiled at your "instant relatives" term! I collect vintage dishes with pink roses; they are my favorite! My full bath is painted a bit lighter than robin's egg blue, and by last count has 18 Monets in it; Wal-Mart, GW, church rummage sales, framed calendar pictures, etc.! They cover all of my wall space--it's a small room and some pix are only 5x7s. It's good to have a theme to a room, isn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I have some older photos of my relatives but hardly any from the Victorian Era which I love so I had to improvise!! LOL!! I pretty much have a theme to every room..... Thank Goodness I don't have any more rooms!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  14. I LOVE the color scheme! The pink really pops against the gray and black - plus, pink is just my favorite. ;) I love all of the vintage items (especially the bottle of mouthwash by the sink), and the "instant relatives" are great. Thanks so much for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your elegant ladies are so lovely, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie,
    I love your elegant lady powder room. Congrats on being featured at Thursday Favorite Things. Hope you stop by a a feature button.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Years ago I had a pink and black bathroom and it was one of my favorites. I love your French touches, old perfume bottles, purses, gloves and pretty girlie things! The pretty ladies in the frames are just gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...