I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, April 8, 2019

Easter Trees of the Past


  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Well, my Knee Replacement surgery is now only 3 weeks away......

I have started taking Iron, Folic Acid and Vitamin C tablets which were all prescribed by my Orthopedic surgeon to get my body ready for surgery and to help combat blood loss during surgery.....

I have also started doing a series of Pre Op exercises which is part of a prescribed exercise program in conjunction with Physical Therapy that will be ongoing for the first year after my surgery where I log in online and chart my progress and pain level......

So things are moving along.......

Because of the surgery, I have not been able to decorate for Easter this year, which I truly miss being able to do......

So I thought I would share some of my Easter Trees of the past in this post today......

But first, I want to Thank these hosts who featured my post, Christmas Embroidery,  which I posted over on my Christmas Blog, celebrating March's Rudolph Day!!!

Thank to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing it as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Party!
Thanks so much, Bev!!!

And Thanks to Amy, over at Health, Home and Heart, for choosing it as one of her features from last week's Sweet Inspiration Link Party!!!
Thanks again, Amy!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!!

If you have visited here before, you are aware that I keep up and decorate several Trees for every Season and Holiday.....

This was my main Easter Tree in the Living Room in 2017.....
This is the 6 foot white Tree that I use in the Sitting Room for Christmas and move it down to the Living Room........

I usually decorate it for Easter, the Patriotic Holidays of the Summer and then in late Summer as my "Under the Sea" Tree......
I had the honor of having this Tree featured in an article, "Easter Trees are A Thing And Apparently We Know Nothing", in the Huffington Post several years ago....

Click HERE to read.....
Last year, in 2018, I did not have enough time to switch out the Trees so I just left up the evergreen 7 foot Tree that I decorate for Fall, Christmas and Valentine's Day in the Living Room......

This was my main Easter Tree last year......
I actually like this Tree decorated for Easter better than the white Tree......
I think the decorations on the Tree stand out better against the green rather than the white....
I even left out the platform under the Tree and decorated it, calling it Bunny Land!!!
The reason why I say my "main" Easter Tree is because I had 2 other Easter Trees decorated in the Living Room last year.....

This one, on top of the TV Entertainment Center.....
And this LED lit branch Tree over in the corner of the Living Room.....
I also decorate a small pink Tree for Easter in the Dining Room......
This is what it looked like last year......
 I hope you enjoyed taking a peak at my Easter Trees of the Past!!!

As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I really do miss being able to decorate for Easter this year........

 But it is okay because if I would have had my surgery as I originally planned at the end of October, I have no idea how I would have decorated for Christmas......

And it would have killed me to not be able to decorate for Christmas!!!!

So I am good with it for this year.....

What is nice is knowing that I will never have to work another Holiday again!!!!

Easter was not considered a Holiday for us at work but if it fell on your weekend to work, since we had to work every other weekend, then you worked the whole weekend for Easter....

Working night shift, I had to work either the Eve or the Day of EVERY Holiday so I rarely got an entire Holiday off......

Boy, am I glad that that is now a thing of the past!!!!!

I have FINALLY managed to take down and pack away all Holiday and Seasonal decor in the house.....

Thank God!!

What a chore it was for me with the pain in my knee......

Soon I will be sharing another Tree with you.....
My Summer "Treat" Tree in my Craft Room!!!

And I also will be sharing another craft project that I did while decorating this Tree......
 Tea Cup Bird's Nests!!!!

Since we have been having some nice weather lately, Joe has been working on getting the front yard and porch ready for the Summer......

Under my direction of course!!!!

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Heart and Soul Link Up
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

18 comments:

  1. Debbie, I enjoyed looking at your trees again. I especially like the Summer Treat tree. It is just so whimsical and cute! The bird nest teacups are adorable too. I've done that and it makes for a really cute conversation piece. Glad your surgery day is almost here. I have been praying every day for you and I pray you will be able to enjoy your summer without too much discomfort. It must be lovely to have all those holidays to look forward too. Take care, my friend. Hugs..Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estou encantada com tanta beleza!
    Amei suas árvores. Não dá para escolher uma. Todas são lindas!
    Parabéns.
    Melhoras.
    Boa semana.
    bjs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb. Those are all such beatuiful trees. How does Joe like having you sit back and crack the whip? You had better plan to take it easy after the surgery so you will heal nicely. Just put Joe to work instead! (Although I know how hard that will be for you to do)..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... your Easter trees are so pretty! Thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Easter Trees!! Hope your surgery goes well and you have a very speedy recovery. Take good care of yourself. Hugs, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive Easter trees. Love all of them.
    I need to do a stick one.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Debbie, wherever do you store it all! These are magnificent! Each and every one.

    Best of luck with your pre-op therapy and counting down to the surgery. I'm sure you'll be glad when it is all over and I send you loads of good wishes, now and then, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie thank you for sharing all your pretty Easter decor. I hope your surgery is a great success and you are up and running around in no time. Please keep us informed of your progress.
    Happy Spring, Kippi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter from Thailand - where we don't get a holiday either! Love your little tea cup birds nest of course! Wishing you all the best for your upcoming operation.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubs is waiting for knee surgery as well, it will be well worth it once it is behind you I am sure. Prayers and good luck. My favorite is the pink tree, its perfect for Easter with all the pastel colours. So different from Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanna,
      Thanks again for stopping by!! When will your husband have his surgery??/ I put mine off for 6 years which in hindsight was probably too long because now I can barely walk. I am looking forward to the surgery because I know afterward, I will be better off than I am now!! I really did miss decorating for Easter....The pink one is one of my favorite ones too!!
      hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  11. I have had 2 knee replacements and the second was 2 years ago. I'm still amazed haw much better I walk with no pain. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you good luck. Your on your way to a better life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,
      Thanks so much for those encouraging words!! I am actually looking forward to the surgery because I have been in pain for 6-8 years and I know that I will eventually be pain free in that knee at least!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  12. What cute little teacup nests! Your Easter trees are lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Debbie, everything looks so beautiful. I love how you have decorated your home so beautifully for Easter. The eggs are so adorable :) Thanks for sharing at #CreativeMondays, hope to see you on Wednesday for our next blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of an Easter tree. I bought some hand-painted (blown) eggs in Austria 15 years ago and have been in love ever since. I display most of them on a tree year-round, but I also have dabbled in silk-dyed eggs that I display on branches at Easter. You have such variety! Thanks for sharing at #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  15. Easter trees! That is a new one for me. But yours are so pretty! Good luck with your knee replacement, and speedy recovery to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flossie,
      I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am responding here..
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! Happy Easter!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...