I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, April 26, 2019

Indoor Fairy Garden Mantle


  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

I thought that since I have been posting a lot about the projects that I have been doing the Kitchen, I would give you a break from the Kitchen and share my Indoor Fairy Garden Mantle in the Sitting Room.......

But before I go any further, I want to Thank Nina, over at Vintage Mama's Cottage, for featuring my post, Rooster Kitchen Art, from Thursday Favorite Things party!!!
Thanks so much, Nina!!  And thanks so much for telling me about the feature as I am so embarrassed to so that I missed it!!!!

Thanks to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, Last Year's Easter Decorations, from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Party!!!
Thanks again, Bev!!

And I also want to Thank Amy, over at Health, Home and Heart, for featuring my post, Summer "Treat" Tree,  as the Most Clicked On from last week's Sweet Inspiration Link Party!!!
Thanks so much, Amy!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties!!!!

Last year, I decided to decorate the Sitting Room upstairs in a Garden theme for the Summer months.....

The Sitting Room was my son Jim's room and at first, I had made it into a Guest Room, leaving his single bed in there, but then I realized that in 40 years of marriage and living in our townhouse, we have NEVER had any guests!!!!
 Joe then mentioned that if we ever would have guests, there is a hotel that was recently built right by us and that they are welcome to stay there!!!

So I got rid of the single bed, bought a swivel rocker recliner for myself, moved my collection of books into the room and I rechristened the room, my Sitting Room!!!
I hope to spend a lot more time in here now that I am no longer working!!

Better pull up a chair and get a drink of your choosing because this is going to be a long post, heavy on photos!!!!

I have amassed quite a bit of Fairy Garden things and I do have 2 tubs outside on the back patio where I create a Fairy Garden in a galvanized tub.......
 And a Gnome Garden in a beverage tub.....
 Yes, I have managed to get them set up and ready for the Summer so I can enjoy them after having my surgery......

Last year, I thought it would be fun to have a Fairy Garden in the house so I decided to create one on the mantle of my faux fire place in the Sitting Room......
This "fire place" is the one I made over from a piece of furniture that came from one of my MIL's neighbor's houses......
 If you missed that post, you can read about the transformation HERE....

This is how it looked decorated for Christmas this year......
 And now for the Summer........
The floral border really lends to the Garden Theme for the Summer......
 Above the "mantle"......
An old Home Interiors mirror that I painted white......
Sconces that I "framed" with old Home Interiors pictures that I took the pictures out of.....
I had to get some sort of Victorian decor in.......
My Home Interior Victorian Lady plaques.........They are strolling the Garden!!!
"In my Garden, Love Grows"......
I'll mention the leaf plaques a bit later......
If you look hard, you can see the reflection of a chandy and my tea cup shelf in the mirror......
On the sides of the mirror.......
On the left side......
I clipped pink butterfly ornaments that I bought a few years ago on Clearance in Walmart after Christmas to the leaf branch plaques.....
I hung a vintage hand mirror.....
On the other side......
The vintage plate that I hung belonged to my Mother.......
Let's take a look at my Fairy Garden......
 Most of the Fairy items, I bought at Big Lot's but I did also buy some thing at Michael's!!!
We will start over on this side......
 I left the crystal cake stands out after Christmas.....
A Vintage crystal candle holder rests on the cake stand.....
A cute Fairy and a Tree House.....
Another Fairy and a covered bridge......
A sweet purple Fairy house.....
The stained glass lantern was once a solar lit one that I used outside and when it failed as a solar light, I brought in inside and add a string of fairy lights inside of it to light it.....
More sweet Fairies and one more house.....
I attached a clip on yellow butterfly, bought at Dollar Tree, to the LED lit white branch tree.....
A lighted cottage plate that I bought many, many years ago.....

I strung a battery operated set of colored LED lit flower lights.....
In the center of the "mantle"......
I placed a wooden pedestal in the center of the "mantle".....
On top of the pedestal, is a Fairy Garden Tea Cup that I bought at Big Lot's a few years back.....
On top of the tea cup is another Fairy House.....
A cute little Fairy swinging on the Swing....
2 toadstools sit in front of the house.....
More Fairies....

Underneath the pedestal......
A Garden arch and bench.......
A cute card with a gazebo on it stands behind the bench.....
 To the right, is a lighted Victorian House plate......
On the right side of the "mantle"......
A pink hummingbird is clipped on to the LED lit branch tree on this side......
Another failed solar lit lantern with fairy lights inside of it.....
More cute Fairy Land items.....
A darling pink Fairy house.....
Another crystal cake stand.....
And another crystal candleholder, one more Fairy and a pair of toadstools......
And one more Fairy House that I bought at Dollar General last year..

I hope you enjoyed seeing my Indoor Fairy Garden that I created on the "Mantle" in my Sitting Room!!!
In the future, I will be sharing how magical it looks lit up in the evening!!!

I will also be sharing the "Hearth" area of the fireplace too.......
So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Heart and Soul Link Up
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Weekend Blog Hop

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, you did such a nice job decorating tubs and the mantel in the fairy theme. Wishing you a successful surgery and recovery.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a especial and magical room!That vintage plate from your Mom caught my eye!Hugs and thanks for your visit and kind comments.Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I know you had fun decorating your mantel. Love the tubs too. It's all so cute! I'll be thinking of you the day of your surgery and praying for you. Have a great weekend and take care. Hugs...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooooooooo much stuff. I'm sorry if that offends but the eye has no place to rest. Every inch of space is taken up with something. This is only one person's opinion. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No offense taken,,,I am a Victorian soul and they believed that more is more and that is the philosophy that I subscribe...... and that I love and that is what really matters right???? That I love how my own house looks??
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. I love the faux fireplace! Nice work! Best of luck getting ready for the surgery. :) Thanks for sharing at #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fairy garden mantle. I especially like that you raised everyone up on that cake stand. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how each little item in your home has sentimental value. Thanks so much for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a magical fairy garden! My daughter and I have just gotten into fairy gardening and we love it. You have so many cute wee items I'm not sure which one I like the most! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...