I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Surgery Update and A Bit of Stained Glass!!


Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

I want to Thank all my friends and family, former Classmates and co-workers for your prayers and Well Wishes!!!

And I also want to Thank my Blogger friends from all over the United States and in other countries including Canada, England, France, Africa, Spain, Portugal, Australia, Mexico, Italy and Ecuador for your well wishes and prayers!!!
Stained glass circles in the Den windows.....

I only had to stay overnight .......
I was nauseated and vomited a few times during the night but we attributed it to the Tramadol ( Ultram) that I was taking for pain.......
Once my pain medication was switched, I was good to go.....
I did the stairs with no issues so I managed my stairs getting into my house but used another stair case further down my row of townhouses where there is only 7 steps rather that 13...
I will be downstairs sleeping for about a week or so and I have my first Physical Therapy appointment on Thursday, May 2nd.

So far, so good!!!

I do have some posts lined up so I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Weekend Blog Hop
 
 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Heart and Soul Link Up
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

29 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing o.k. I've been thinking of you and sending healing prayers. Hope P.T. goes well too. You will be running around soon enough! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindee,
      Thanks so much for all your well wishes and healing prayers!! I really do appreciate them!!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are over it and ok. Take it easy for a while.
    I love your windows with the stained glass. So bright and cheerful.
    Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you are on the mend. Hoping the healing continues with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I'm so glad things went well and you're on the mend! You take care and I love the stained glass. So pretty! Hugs...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get better soon!Blessings!What beautiful stained glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're halfway through your ordeal and headed for a brighter future. Have been thinking of you and hoping all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well post op, Debbie! rest and don't try to rush recovery, as tempting as that idea may be. All in good time. I love stained glass so i enjoyed your photos of your pretty window glass hangings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to read you're doing ok! Do take care and rest.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your well wishes!! The first night home ( yesterday) was a bit rough because of the nerve block wearing off....But today, I am doing okay..I do have pain but that is because I can not take a lot of the pain medication usually ordered because it causes sever nausea and vomiting for me. I can only take Tylenol Extra strength and Tylenol with codeine which is not as strong as the oxycodone meds....But I know it will get better with each day...
      Hus,
      Deb

      Delete
  9. So pleased that you are doing well after your op. Just take time to rest and recover.
    Continued thoughts and healing prayers.

    I do like the stained glass circles, they are gorgeous.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear all went well, Debbie. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear the surgery went well and hope the physical therapy goes well also and you heal quickly!
    Love those stained glass, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful news dear friend ! I'm so glad you're in the path of healing due to the success of your intervention and upcoming therapy. Therapy is wonderful, my mom got so much better walking and handling things with her right hand because of her therapy !
    The stained glass are beautiful. I always loved stained glass things and had a window at our farm and now in this house I had one made for our kitchen skyline.
    Praying and many blessings sweet Debbie.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your glasses are stunning. Glad you're feeling well
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear that things went well with your surgery. Those stained glass pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stained glass is gorgeous. Glad you TKR is over and you are on the mend. Continuing prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your well wishes!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie,
    So glad to hear you are doing better. I know it will be awhile before you can zip around, but it will come sooner than you think. Just take care of yourself and enjoy your lovely home.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you're doing well after your surgery, Debbie. I hope you have a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you are recovering quickly! Beautiful stained glass, thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to hear you're home, Debbie! Wishing you the best in your recovery. You will be like a new person...and you'll really enjoy your new mobility. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Debbie! I was pleased to know that your operation was good and I wish everything to go well with the fisoterapia

    ReplyDelete
  22. I came back to admire those stunning stained glasses again!Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So good to hear you are doing so well. Yes 7 steps is definitely better. I couldn't take Tramadol either, made me sick as a dog. Good you are over that. How is the stitches? When will they be taken out?
    Beautiful stain glass at your windows. Always pretty when the sun comes through it.
    Take care and check ya later,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your successful surgery! Sorry about the Tramadol (they gave it to me, too). Glad they figured it out.....love the stained glass. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you're doing well. Lovely stained glass. My mom loved stained glass, so it always makes me think of her. :) Thanks for sharing at #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad you're doing well, Debbie! Love the pretty stained glass--thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been thinking about you. I'm so glad things went well. I reacted just like that to meds after my hysterectomy. I hope therapy goes well and you are zipping around crafting in no time. Bloggers are amazing. They are such prayer warriors.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...