I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, May 30, 2019

A Shelf in the Kitchen

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

I have been doing a series of posts titled 4 Walls in my Kitchen.....

Before I share the final post in the series, Part 4, I wanted to first do a post showcasing a shelf that I have on the 4th wall in our Kitchen.....

But first, I want to thank these 4 hostesses for featuring my post, Fairy Garden in a Galvanized Tub!!!
Thanks so much, Roseann, over at This Autoimmune Life, for featuring it from last week's Snickerdoodle Create, Bake and Make Link Party!!

And I also want to Thank Tonna, over at Sew Crafty Crochet, for featuring it from last week's Snickerdoodle Create, Bake and Make link Party!!
 Thanks so much, Tonna and Roseann!!!

And I also want to Thank Karren, over at Oh! My Heartsie Girl, for choosing it as one of her features from last week's Oh My Heartsie Girl's Wonderful Wednesdays link Party!!!! 

Thanks so much, Karren!!

And I also want to Thank Rebecca, over at R & R at Home, for choosing it as her feature from last week's Wall to Wall DYI Wednesday Party!!!
Thanks again, Rebecca!!!

And I also want to Thank Kristie, over at Love My Little Cottage, for featuring my post, Past Patriotic Decorations and Crafts, as one of the Most Viewed posts from last week's Little Cottage Link Party!!!
Thanks again, Kristie!!!

Please stop by and link up to all these lovely parties!!

Today, I want to show you a Shelf on the 4th wall in my Kitchen......

The style of my Kitchen is eclectic for sure.......

I call it my French Country, Victorian, Vintage, Farm Style  Kitchen.......

I think it has elements of all the above styles making it MY STYLE!!!!

The Kitchen is painted a pale yellow and red so those are the colors that I love to decorate it with along with green and white......

This shelf runs along the top of the wall close to the ceiling.......
I rearranged a few things on the shelf so I wanted to share it again with those who have seen it before and maybe share it with a few of you who have never seen it before!!!
I collected the items on this shelf over many years......

We will start here on the left side of the shelf by the refrigerator.....
I mention my neighbor Elly a lot of this blog......

If you would like to read about her, I added a post I did about her when she passed away to my Side Bar.....

Many of the items on this shelf came from Elly's house and it was her who actually gave me the idea to hang this shelf......

The vintage style spice jars and canning jars were all Elly's.....
I bought the Rooster pitcher at a church flea market.......
I filled the canning jar with rice.......
A vintage style rolling pin plaque that I bought in Michael's years ago hangs in the door way to the Dining Room......
The Cinnamon Sugar tin was bought at The Christmas Tree Shop and the vintage deviled egg set with the matching Rooster Salt and Pepper shakers were bought at a church flea market.....
The vintage tray, roosters and egg cup were bought at yard sales over the years.....
The vintage enamelware pot was Elly's and I placed a rooster ornament bought after Christmas on Clearance inside of it.....
The green sifter was my Mother's, I filled a vintage cocktail shaker with spaghetti noodles and the vintage style tin was bought at The Christmas Tree Shop.....
I bought the little flour bag at a yard sale for 25 cents and the roostser napkin holder is one of a set of 4 bought st a flea market......
This vintage Tray from Standard Brewing Co. of Scranton, Pa. was my Dad's.....
The shelf looking at it from the other side of the room.....
  The vintage green glass Water /Juice jar was my neighbor Elly's......
The rooster was part of a set of salt and pepper shakers .......I accidentally smashed the other one......
The Uncle Ben's Rice canister was Elly's...
I bought the reproduction coffee grinder at a yard sale.......
I filled this canning jar with beans.....
I have added a set of battery operated fairy lights along the shelf that come on in the evening by timer....
 I hope you enjoyed seeing how I  rearranged this shelf a bit.....
And I also hope that maybe you would be inspired a bit about how you can decorate in a small space using a shelf.......
Soon I will be back to share the rest of this wall, the 4th wall, in the Kitchen, finishing this series......

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
 I am linking up to these great parties......

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. Love your fairy tale kitchen..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea to add a shelf. Love the coffee grinder particularly so many pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage containers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collectibles, and enjoyed your photos of them very much. All so very pretty and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have so many precious heirlooms surrounding you. Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely full shelf it is in your Kitchen … enjoyed seeing all your collectibles.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun shelf. Lots of antique kitchen items I remember from my Mom and grandmother. I have a shelf in my cabin in the living room area. On it I put "treasures" I found in the bush from the old logging days. Some of my favourite are broken pottery with Mt. Fuji from a camp that used Japanese labourers. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some beautiful things Debbie. Lovely kitchen :) Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays last week. Have a lovely Sunday and I hope you can join us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips for decorating a small space. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have the prettiest decor, Debbie. I just love your shelf...I think I may need one (or two)! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your country style kitchen...you had me at chickens! Lol!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Farm Fresh Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...