I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Front Porch is Ready for the Summer!!

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
Today, I will be sharing how my little front porch looks now that I finally have gotten it ready for the Summer........

But first, I want to Thank these 2 Hostesses for featuring my post, Fairy Gnome Garden in a Beverage Tub.......
I want to Thank Bev,  over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring it from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!

I also want to Thank Pam, over at An Artful Mom, for also featuring it from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!
 Thanks so much, Bev and Pam!!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!!

I have always been enamored with the thought of having a porch.......

I certainly did not grow up with one as the ranch home that my Dad built when I was 4 years old had what was called a front "Stoop" back then......
Looking back, I believe my infatuation with porches came from vacationing every year down at Wildwood, N.J.  ( yes, the Jersey Shore) when I was a child.....

For many years, we stayed in one of the old Hotels built at the turn of the century....

It was called The Hotel Garfield and it had a magnificent porch that wrapped around 3 sides of the building!!!

This is a photo from the 1970's  of my Dad standing on the porch of the Hotel Garfield.......
Look at the flower boxes on the railing.....

And here is a photo of my Mom and Dad sitting on the porch which had about 20 wooden rockers on it.....
After spending the evening on the Boardwalk, we would sit on that porch, rocking away, watching the sites as people walked to and from the Boardwalk.......

When we bought our townhouse in 1978, I was thrilled that it had a small porch, even though it wasn't covered by a roof.....

The roof ,which is really an overhang, is off the second floor of our townhouse so it provides no protection from the elements....
I explained in a post that I did last year that my next door neighbor and I added the wrought iron railing to our connected porches because there originally was no railing......

We are still the only 2 that actually have railings on our porches throughout our townhouse development....

This is a photo that I took last year of my neighbor Lynn's porch whose house is like mine as there are 3 different styles of townhouses in my development with mine being the largest....
You can see that hers and her next door neighbor's porches do not have the railings.....

And of course, here is mine with the railings......
I did manage to put out some American Flags and a few other Patriotic decorations for Memorial Day that we keep in our shed out in the back yard but I was not able to get up into the attic to get down the rest of the decorations that I usually use on the porch for the Patriotic Holidays......
Once again, I have decided to stick with the color theme of red, orange and yellow for the front porch and the flower pots in the front yard.....

Last Saturday, I did get out and bought all my annuals for the front of the house....

This is the side of the front porch that connects with the townhouse next door......
We have 3 large pillars in front of our house and my neighbor's and in front of the middle one and the one at the end of my porch, I have 2 black urns.......
I learned over the years not to over plant my pots with annuals so I planted one spike, one red begonia in the center and 3 orange marigolds..........
A solar light and a planter spike with a small pot of hens and chicks adorn the black urn.......
Our front porch gets the early morning sun for a short period of time and then is in the shade for the rest of the day until about 4-5 pm when the sun finally swings around to the front of the house.......
Because of the front porch being in the shade for most of the day, I plant flowers that do well in the shade....

In this pot, I planted 2 yellow marigolds......
Along the railing between the porches........
A sunflower solar lantern hangs from a post and a solar toadstool sit on the base of the post.....
The set of 3 ceramic frogs were my neighbor Elly's...
On a black wrought iron table sits one of a set of 3 orange lanterns that were bought at Sam's Club a few years ago........
I decided to use it as a vase and filled it with some faux greenery......

A garden angel sits beneath the table......
In the corner, hangs a vintage mailbox.......
And the red milk can that I also got from my neighbor Elly......
A Garden Fairy sits on top of the milk can......
An outdoor rug is in front of the front door.....
 The "Welcome" door mat has postal marks around the edging....
 A "Welcome Friends" sign that I bought at Gabe's hangs above the door....
 I made the wreath for the front door.....
The weeping mortar on the front of our house allows me to hang things on the house.....
I bought this personalized plaque at a County Fair many years ago.....
Last year, I freshened up this sign, which was beginning to fade, by giving it a coat of polyurethane....
I freshened up this slate with new paint a few years ago.......
Joe bought this sign at Wegman's last year......
Several years ago, we bought new furniture for the front porch......

It was after we stayed for a weekend to celebrate our Anniversary at the fabulous Frederick Stegmaier Mansion here in Wilkes Barre......`
The mansion has an amazing porch.......
I loved the chairs that were on the porch......
 If you would like to find out more information about the Frederick Stegmaier Mansion, which was featured in Victorian Homes magazine twice and is a Bed and Breakfast, please click HERE...
  I bought a similar set at Lowe's a few years back.....
This was a 3 piece set.....
The outdoor rugs were bought at Big Lot's.....
On the table, are the other 2 orange lanterns from the set.......
Again, I filled the one on top of the table with faux greenery.......

The light on the top of the table is The Atomic Beam Security Motion Detector Light that will come on when some one walks up the steps and is within a few feet of our front porch......
Over in the corner of the porch.......
Is another table that I had bought in Big Lot's........
A solar lighted Fairy sits on top of the table.....
Along with 2 pots of Hens and Chicks resting in tin pails from Dollar Tree.......

Underneath the table, is a frog made from mosaic glass and a pot planted with one yellow marigold.....
I have 2 square pots in front of the railing.....
The concert frogs sitting in chairs were bought many years ago in Sam's Club....
Each pot is planted with 2 orange and 2 yellow marigolds......

In the center is a rusted angel bird bath that I covered with a stepping stone
" Angles Gather Here"
The other pot is planted with yellow and orange marigolds too....
At the end of the porch is the other black urn....
I planted this one just like I planted the other one at the other end of the porch....
One spike, one red begonia and 3 orange marigolds......
I hope you enjoyed seeing my front porch now that I have it ready for the Summer.......
Soon, I will be sharing the flower beds in the front yard......
 So I hope you will stop by again soon.....

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

Celebrate Summer Link Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

23 comments:

  1. You are going to have a fabulous summer - your front porch looks amazing.
    Thank you so much for sharing all of your photographs.

    Happy Wishes for this new month of June.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, you'll get a kick out of my Tuesday's post that I just roughed out. We have a lot of things in common, my friend. I just love those porches with all the chairs lined up. It always seems so welcoming and friendly. Your porch is looking so pretty for the holidays and the summer. I hope your weather is beginning to be better. We have had mostly sunny all days but with menacing clouds in the evening. I think there are thunder storms higher up. Thanks for your visit and seems like your knee is progressing nicely..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely porch!That wreath is stunning and I love the cute garden angel too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you put the wrought iron up for your porch. I wish I had a large porch. Our other house had a front and side porch and I do miss that. Lovely wreath. How do you keep the birds from building nests in it. I get tired of putting one out and then having to take the nest out. I have had several torn up with birds doing that.
    Well you have a nice pretty area to sit in the mornings with coffee. Pretty surroundings and plantings you have in your pots to watch grow. I think I planted way too much in one of mine. The creeping Jenny takes over.
    Happy Sunday
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it looks so festive and summery! I LOVE the welcome mat with the postmarks around the edges!!
    #littlecottagelinkparty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! You do so much with a small space (my porch is even smaller!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely looks ready for summer! I love that you took inspiration from that beautiful mansion too; we all have to take inspiration from wherever we find it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie that sunflower solar light is so unique I have never seen one like that before. Love your outdoor space it is so full of life. I think you may just have inspired me to add some more decor to my outdoors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love your porch and all your wonderful decorative touches. I am going to have to come back and look at them again :) I don't have a porch and always have wanted one, but unless we move I think it will be a dream. Still, I can enjoy yours and I thank you so much for sharing it. Enjoy the rest of your week Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I love your front porch! You always have it decorated so beautifully. I love all the little decorative touches you add. I call it "Yard Art". Thank you for sharing your beautiful little spot of earth. And thank you for stopping at my blog and commenting. You actually have inspired me with your cute/beautiful home and tiny yard. Have a beautiful week. Karie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good Debbie! Your flowers and planters are all nicely done. Those chairs do look comfortable! I love a good porch too but all I have is a deck. Looks like you are all set for summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed seeing your porch with all the homey little touches. Al and I did a bit of yard work today--hope it was just enough to classify as exercise and I won't be lame tomorrow! If we only did that much every day---my yard STILL would never make it into Better Homes and Gardens, but sure would look better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Joe and I did yard word out in the back yard today. There were so many weeds from all the rain that we have had... This is our first dry weekend since March!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      Debbie

      Delete
  13. Beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a festive porch! Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home! --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie,
    Congrats, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your colorful porch at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your front porch looks so inviting! I really miss having a front porch.

    Thanks for sharing on Farm Fresh Tuesdays! The hop is up and I can wait to see what you are up to this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie you have outdone yourself with all of your fun garden treasures on your front porch! I always love your whimsical garden style with fairies and angels!

    That mansion looks amazing too! I love the chairs both at the mansion and on your porch.

    Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful porch! So many beautiful details that you pay attention to. Thank for linking up at You're The Star Blog Hop! Hope to see you again next Monday!
    Mel-Decor Craft Design

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi again Debbie! I've chosen your wonderful summer porch for Creative Week Featured on You're The Star July Week 2! Congrats! Hope to see you again!
    Mel-Decor Craft Design

    ReplyDelete
  21. This lovely post is a CREATIVE feature on the July You're the STAR blog hop: https://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2019/07/youre-star-week2-creative-july-2019_8.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...