I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Gone to the Birds!!

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today, I will finally be sharing the "hearth" area of my faux fire place in my Sitting Room......

But first, I want to Thank Shelley, over at Calypso in the Country, for featuring my post, More Spring Bloom and a Surprise. from last week's The Best of the Weekend Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Shelley!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!

A few weeks ago, I shared my Fairy Garden  that I set up on the "Mantle" of my faux fire place in my Sitting Room.....
Click HERE if you missed this post....

And in my last post, I shared how I re-did the Garden Wreath hanging on the door......
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....
I guess you can tell by now that I opted to stay with the Garden Theme that I first decided to do in this room for the Summer last year......

That being said, I also decorated the "hearth" of this faux fire place in a Garden theme but this year, I changed this up a bit......
I decided to add one of those stick on Puck lights that is battery operated to the top of the "hearth" area....
I have debated about this for some time now because I have used these in hutches and curios all over the house and I like the way they light up an area.....

 I can still use fairy lights here and there where I want to......

This is how it looked decorated for Christmas.....
 Okay, let's see what it looks like for the Summer.....
A seed packet ornament hangs in the middle and a sweet Fairy ornament hangs below it......
There is a mirror placed in the back of the "hearth".......
This year, except for 2 Fairies, I went with a Bird theme........

Joe gets all kinds of free things from all kinds of organizations that he donates to and last year and this year, he received a few cardboard coasters with birds on them......

I decided to use them.....
We'll start on the left side......
Last year, I glued these Thomas Kinkade pots.........
To wooden candlesticks that I painted white.........
 And filled them with some greenery..........

Each one is placed on each side of the "hearth""
I took a bird's nest and one of the Bird coasters into the greenery.......
Isn't the coaster pretty??????
I added another coaster on top of the clay pot that each planter is placed in......
A cute yellow bird from the Dollar Tree.....

You can see another coaster in the back........
On the side, is a Garden plaque bought at Dollar Tree.....
We'll take a look at the middle area now......
On top of a large white lantern........
Is a sweet Fairy.......
You can see her back reflected in the mirror.....
And on the rim of the lantern, is a toad stool, another bird coaster and a set of mini garden tools....
You can see the book case on the other side of the room also reflected in the mirror.......
Inside the lantern is a bird's nest filled with eggs........
I have a set of fairy lights tucked inside the lantern....
Over on the right side.......
 On the other side of the planter....
 
Again, I added a bird's nest and another Bird coaster.......
I also placed another coaster on top of the clay pot that this planter rest in......
And a bird from Dollar Tree..........

There is also a pink egg on each side.........
Another Garden plaque from Dollar Tree also hangs on this side......
In front of the "hearth".......
Is my little Teddy Bear Tea Party........

On each side are my son's Cabbage Patch dolls.........

This one was my son Jimmy's......
Papa Bear.......
A mini tea set sits in the table.......
2 more Bird coasters are displayed on each side of the table along with a sweet puppy......
Mama Bear.......
And my son Joey's Cabbage Patch doll......
And that is how I decorated this area for the Summer......
Soon, I will do a post showing how magical it all looks in the evening......
And I also will be showing more of the Garden touches that I added to this room......


We finally had a rain free weekend, the first one since the end of March!!!

No lie, all the local Meteorologist's on TV were making a big deal out of it and of course, there is rain predicted for Monday.....

Our back yard was over run by weeds because of all the rain we have had so Joe and I decided to attack the back yard and patio.......

We did the back yard on Saturday and the patio on Sunday......

Now all I still need to do is buy some annuals to plant in my pots which I plan on doing next week.....

I know, I am way behind....

And when I do that, I will post some pics.....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party
Let's Party!!

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. I love your decor around your faux fireplace, you add so many charming touches. The Christmas theme is nice and I like the beagle that sits near the bear family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just enjoyed your segment on Gone with the birds. Girl, how are you feeling these days? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collectibles, all so delicate and delightful. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting Debbie, always happy to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these birds and the candlesticks are fabulous
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your series of photographs, and these were pure delight :)
    You've shown us some wonderful things … thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore bird decor. That little mushroom is just the cutest. It sounds like you are feeling great these days. I can't wait to see the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, as always, Debbie. I feel your pain with all the rain. I have so much weeding to do! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your garden theme. Those bird coasters are just lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the birds and your 'new' garden wreath too! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity on Farm Fresh Tuesdays each week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...