I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, June 13, 2019

My Cottage Garden , 2019


Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

I finally was able to plant my annuals in my pots and planters out in the back yard and last weekend, Joe and I were able to clean up both the Yard and the Patio.......

Today, I will be sharing my little back yard Cottage Garden with you.....

But First, I want to Thank Kristie, over at Love My Little Cottage, for featuring my post,
 Front Porch is Ready for the Summer,  as one of the 3 Most Viewed from last week's Little Cottage Link Party!!!
 Thanks so much , Kristie!!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!!

For those of you who are new here, we live in a townhouse and we have a tiny back yard about the size of a postage stamp.....

Years ago, I took out all the grass and made the back yard into a big flower bed, laid brick walkways to the back gate and the shed in the corner of the yard and we extended a small patio block by using pavers.......

We'll start on the left side of the yard......
Several years ago, we attached privacy lattice to the existing chain link fence with the use of zip ties!!!
This area is of the end of the patio.......
Perennials are planted against the fence.....
I dug these yellow flowering perennials out of my MIL's yard many years ago......
Asters are also planted here and they will bloom in the Fall.....

Last year, I came across several vintage galvanized watering cans that belonged to my neighbor Elly that her sons were going to throw away.......

They found a new home at my place!!

I poked a few holes in the bottom of this one for drainage and planted 2 impatiens in this one!!
 I moved over my little area where I pay homage to our fur babies who are waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge to make room for another umbrella to provide more shade on the Patio since the back yard gets the Sun all day long and not the shade from the trees..........
 
Several years ago, we bought an arbor which made it easier to attach the lattice to as far as the height was concerned......
I bought this set several years ago at Big Lot's.......
I use the chairs to display flower pots on.......
I planted 2 begonias in each pot on each chair....

This coal bucket also came from my neighbor Elly's......
I placed a pot planted with 3 wave petunias in it, hoping that as they grow, they will cascade down over the spout of the coal bucket......
 In the corner of the yard......
 Garden Art and Angels......
 More perennials planted against the fence......
3 impatiens are planted in this flower box......
Yellow Coreopsis and the Frog/ Lily Pad sculpture that used to be the centerpiece of the bird bath which cracked over the Winter......
 I was cheap this year in buying flowers since it is late in the Season so I went to Lowe's and bought a bunch of impatiens along with some begonias which do well in the back yard because of the shade from the trees......

They were only $2.58 for a 6 pack......

I planted 4 impatiens in this pot......
 We don't use this back gate because of the steep slope behind our yard.....
I still have to plant my bags hanging on the fence......
5 impatiens are planted in this flower box.....
And 2 begonias in this pot on top of the milk can.....
Looking over at the left side of the yard.....
 You can see the back of the other houses in my row of townhouses....
The middle section of the yard between the 2 walkways......
Hosta's planted under the tree......
Columbine still blooming.....
Looking towards the patio....
 2 impatiens planted in this watering can that I have had for years.....
I bought this pink mirrored gazing ball last year but like all the other ones that I bought before it, the mirrored effect has disappeared!!!


I have no idea why, maybe it has to do with all the rain that we had last year.....
I decided to use this vintage galvanized bucket as a planter and planted 3 impatiens in it.....
 The other side of the middle section of the yard.....
Soon the tall perennial in the left side of the photo will start to bloom with purple flowers.....
Gnome land.......
Last year, we made a stand for this Garden Ball out of a large PVC pipe......
4 impatiens planted in this pot inside of this vintage bistro chair......
Looking back at the patio......
The shed in the corner of the yard.......
3 begonias were planted in this pot....
The right side of the yard.....
This was the bird bath that developed a crack in the bottom of it over the Winter.....
It originally started out as a fountain that we had in the front yard and then when the fountain no longer worked, it became a Bird Bath!!

I decided to turn it into a planter.......
I covered the bottom with landscape material, added potting soil, placed a small pot over the center area where the frog centerpiece went and glued a slightly larger pot on top of the smaller one.....
Again, I planted impatiens in it so we will see how it does this Season.......

More Angels.......
  In the corner by the patio......
Asters are planted here and will bloom in the Fall.....
 " An Hour in the Garden Puts Life Problems into Perspective"
And the edge of the patio.....
I hoped you enjoyed seeing my little Cottage Garden....
I will be sharing how all my flowers grow through out the Season.....


And soon, I will be sharing how my little patio off the back of our townhouse looks for this Summer......


 I do want to add that one year ago today, a Tornado touched down at 10 pm in the evening and destroyed most of the Arena Hub Shopping Center and other shopping areas located right next to where I live......

The picture below shows the path the tornado took and the yellow X to the right of the photo shows my row of townhouses.....
 The devastation was amazing because we had NEVER had a Tornado here in NEPA before....

We were told that those beautiful mountains would protect us from tornadoes....
 It was an EF 2 Tornado......

I Thank God that there were no fatalities and only a few injured who were trapped in some of the stores but all walked away......

I Thank God that my home and my development were spared that night and my heart goes out to all of those who have been affected by flooding and Tornadoes this year.....


Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

Celebrate Summer Link Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Your cottage garden is amazing. There are so many beautiful plants and little pretty things.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the engraved rock. :) Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home! --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I have said it many times before. . . love your Tiny Yard!, I was especially drawn to the sweet little memorial stones for your precious fur babies. There is so much "eye candy" beautifully placed in your tiny yard. Like I said we can never say Done! It evolves and changes as everything grows and matures. You do a work of art with how you have "decorated" your Tiny Yard. BTW, thanks for your visit and kind comment. Enjoy relaxing in your Tiny Yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your backyard and garden area looks so nice. I love everything. It's so pretty and cheerful looking. I can't believe that a year ago was the Tornado and I remember that. You were so lucky that nothing happened to your house. I am having trouble with the flowers in my yard as the squirrels dig them up and I find the flowers and dirt on the side of the planter or on the ground. I tried hot pepper flakes and that does not work. Do you have any suggestions? Just wondering. I do hope that you are feeling better and that the therapy is going well. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cottage garden is looking great. I am still amazed how that tornado’s path came so close to your house. It was truly a miracle that you weren’t affected by it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful garden Debbie. Everything looks pretty. Oh wow, the tornado caused so much damage. They look so frightening. We do not get them here in the UK and I can not even start to imagine how scary they must be. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays. Hope you can join us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cottage garden is adorable! I'm so sorry that you were so close to the tornado last year, but happy that you were spared the worst of the damage. Thank you for sharing your posts on Farm Fresh Tuesdays each week...I always look forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is amazing! And you were so lucky that the tornado didn't hit your home! Thanks so much for sharing at our Party in Your PJs link party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie,
    Congrats, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party.
    https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2019/06/over-moon-linky-party_23.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, you have packed so much color into your cottage garden! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just know your lovely garden full of whimsy and creativity brings you so much joy and happiness!

    I am so thankful everyone was safe during the tornado last year and God's protection was on you!

    Thanks so much for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing this and all of your other wonderful posts with us at the Summer Fun party; I have pinned each and every one!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...