I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, October 24, 2024

Halloween Tablescape & Project, Leaking Pipe & a Spooky Falloween Home Tour, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared the Halloween Tree  and the rest of the decorations in the Dining Room....

 
 
 
 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

 

 

WOW!

That was a mouthful of a Title for this post, right???

Welcome to my Annual Falloween Home Tour......

 Today, I will be sharing how I decorated my home, both inside and out, for Fall and Halloween this year....

And a few new things....
 
We will be starting with the Front Porch decorated for Fall, which I did right after Labor Day in September.....
 


And the Front Yard......

 

I then decorated the Living Room in an "Elegant Autumn" theme......

Click HERE, HERE,  HERE and HERE if you want to see more details.....


We will now go into the Kitchen where I decorated it in a combination of Fall and Halloween decor....

Click HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE to see more of the Kitchen.....


We will now move into my Pink and Black Gothic Halloween Powder Room...

 And now for a small project.....

Joe had bought this silver wreath on Clearance in Big Lot's after Christmas for a little over $1....


I simply wired this old Dollar Tree Spider web to it.....

 
I think it looks so much better......


 

Next up is how I decorated my Dining Room in a Spooky Halloween theme.....

Click HERE, HERE and HERE to see more of the Dining Room in detail.....

 

 On to a simple Halloween Tablescape.....

Since my son Joey and I eat in the Dining Room every evening for Dinner, I just put together a very simple table setting.....

 


 I used black vinyl spider web place mats that I have had for a long time.....

 

 You may remember that I bought these skull mugs....

 And dishes in Gabes.....


 
 And I bought this place mat in Big Lot's....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 I also want to share the chandy which I forgot to share in my posts on the Dining Room.......

 
I hung silver and black beaded garland from it.....

 
And spooky skull and ghoul head ornaments that I bought in Michael's many years ago.....


 
A Bat hangs in the middle.....

I do have an unwanted decoration in the Dining Room......

I noticed a "bubble" in the ceiling in the Dining Room and thought "CRAP!"

 
There was a small slow leak in the T joint of the pipes that go to the upstairs Bathroom....
 
Luckily, my plumber was a friend of my Dad's and came within a half hour after I called him....

 
He fixed the leak but had to cut out a section of my Dining Room ceiling to do so....

I did think of having some sort of ghost coming out of the ceiling here......

I am very blessed to have a Face Book friend, who lives locally, whose husband is going to replace the dry wall and I will paint and re-texture the ceiling....

I was supposed to have a friend over for lunch the day it happened and she asked " When does life ever become Fun?"

Anyone know??????


 I did not decorate the Den this year except for Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House.....


In the beginning of October, I switched the Front Porch and Yard over to Halloween......


And now I want to share the front of the house lit up for Halloween......

At Dusk......

 
 


 
 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 

 
 Later on in the Evening.....
 

 

 






 
 


And that completes my Falloween Home Tour for 2024!!

 I had a lot of fun decorating for Fall and Halloween this year.....
 
And I hope you enjoyed seeing what I did.....
 
 
Tomorrow, on FRIDAY, the 25th, I will be doing an October Rudolph Day post over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

I will be sharing a Christmas Haul......
 
There will be no Saturday Snippets post this week and the post on Friday, will not be posted until the evening..........

So I hope you come back to visit tomorrow!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 


  THURSDAY
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



6 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your leaky pipe, but so glad you were able to have a friend come so quickly to repair it. You always do the holidays proud Debbie. I am loving that pumpkin ghost, so unique! Hope you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every inch of your fall home and gardens are just lovely, cute, scary, elegant, creative, homey, colorful, and fabulous!!!!
    I am so sorry about the leak and glad it wasn't even worse! It's so great you have talented friends!! Nothing like a plumber in the friend group. Glad you could get it fixed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best of all of this are those placemats and your chandelier...how much fun is that. Your flowers are gorgeous, everything here dried up despite watering and we had a nip of frost. Great collections of stuff! Totally Boo and Fun, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful, Debbie! Autumn comes alive in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every room is filled with Fall/Halloween magic, Debbie! I am constantly amazed by the many ways you celebrate each season! The front yard decorations, especially at night, are enchanting! As your sweet granddaughters get older, they will have such fun visiting you (and you will have just as much fun watching them take it all in). The spider/web project on the glittery wreath was such an elegant touch! I'm so glad you were able to get your leaky pipe fixed so quickly. Hope the dry wall repair goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations are amazing ! I love the tree, and everything....those spider web placemats are great ! So sorry to hear you had a leak...that is always frustrating. But glad you got it fixed and hope the repair of the drywall happens soon. We had our dishwasher leak underneath the floor in the Spring...ugh! We are blessed to live in a retirement community where everything is taken care of...but it was a project. They fixed the dishwasher, were going to replace the entire apartment floor but then found some of our flooring...it took a week for the underfloor to dry since it was leaking for awhile. Glad you caught yours in time! Don't have the storage room to decorate as beautifully as you, but sure enjoy looking at yours. Happy Halloween and LOVE the cover pic of the autumn leaves! www.ournewvista.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...