I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Halloween Front Porch and Yard, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 


Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 In my last post, I shared the Halloween area of Falloween in my Kitchen.....

 My Halloween Tree.....

 And my whimsical Halloween hutch.....

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Autumn Elegance Tree and Pumpkin Patch, as one of her features from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop..


 

Thanks so much, Bev!!

 

 I also want to Thank Cecilia, over at My Thrift Store Addiction, for choosing my post, Autumn Elegance Tree and Pumpkin Patch,  as her featured post from last week's Vintage Charm link Party!! 

 

 Thanks so much, Cecilia!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties!!!


About a month ago, I shared my Fall Front Porch ....

And how I decorated the Front Yard for Fall......

The first week of October, I changed over the Front Porch and Yard to Halloween......

 
Last year was the first year I decorated for Halloween in quite a long time....

My husband Joe and my son Joey had talked me into it.....

I made a lot of the decorations and bought the rest mostly in Dollar Tree.....

I changed out the sign here against this column for a Halloween one.....

I wired it to the column so it would not blow over.....

The marigolds are still hanging in there but there may be frost this week so I don't know how much longer they will last.....

I wrapped a Halloween black and white garland around the topiary along with changing out the bow on top.....

I moved Joe's Pittsburgh Penguin's paver stone here from the front yard, up against the black wrought iron table......


On top of the red milk can is a Jack O Lantern that I made out of a water jug that I found on the side of the road.....


This year, I decided to hang the evergreen garland that I use for Christmas/Winter early and add a Fall Leaf garland to it for the Fall......

For Halloween, I took advantage of the garland and decided to hang a few spiders from it.......

 
 I bought this large spider in Dollar Tree this year.....
 

 And hung it in the corner.....
 

 
In addition to the smaller spiders bought last year in Dollar General, I also hung a few skeletons.....
 
 
 

I hung a Giant Spider sign in the center above the door.....
 
 
 
 A spider skeleton in this corner.....

 

 
 
 I made the wreath for the front door last year......


I also attached a few skeletons to it....





I changed out the Fall signs for Halloween ones.....





I attached a bow to where I hung this sign that Joe had bought in Big Lot's at 90% off.........

 
I switched out the Fall bow on the porch light for a Halloween one that I made....

 
I bought the Black Hat sign in Gabes last year and had the pumpkin sign for many years.....


 
 I bought the skeleton and ladder last year.....

 
 This was the Pittsburgh display that I set up to honor Joe for the Summer.....
 
 
 
 I already showed you where I moved the paver to......


I made a bow out of ribbon I bought in Dollar Tree and attached it to the top of the Jack O Lantern.......

 
I placed Joe's Pittsburgh Steeler's and Penguin's gnomes on each side of the Grandpa heart stone.....


And I placed Joe's Penguins garden stone on the shelf on the table.....

 
I changed out the floral pillows for these black ones....



A Halloween flag.....


In the corner of the porch.....
 
 
 
 Excuse my brooms in the corner but I do live here....


I added a Halloween bow and a pair of skeleton hands to the tree......


 


A topiary that I made last year out of 2 faux pumpkins that I had for many years......


A bony foot.....






I attached a skeleton yard sign to the middle of the railing and made a new Halloween bow out of ribbon I bought at Dollar Tree........


 
This year, I decided to set up the "cemetery" in front of the railing....
 
 

I attached 2 halves of a pumpkin that I painted to the railing.....

And hung a chain in between......

I took out the marigolds from the flower boxes in front of the railing and added a Dollar Tree tombstone and 2 skeleton hands....


I changed out the mail box cover for a Halloween one....



This is what the flower bed under the Living Room window looked like before I gave the shrubs a good trimming.....


I usually trim them a few times throughout the Summer but it did not happen this Summer because of the heat and humidity as I barely came out of the house.....


I put an old sheet down to collect the trimmings.....

So much better......


Yes, I still have to take the air conditioner out of the window.....

My son Jim is going to help me to so next week....


Trimming the shrubs opened up the flower bed a bit more.....


You can see I attached a skeleton fence from Dollar Tree to the wrought iron one.....


And added 2 Dollar Tree Halloween signs.....



The marigolds are still doing okay......


You can see my Amish Buggy wheel much better now and since I painted the star white, it stands out much better against the wheel..........


And when it is lit up at night, it really stands out ...


My shabby chic chippy angel that is about 20+ years old.....


I moved a pumpkin lawn stake in front of it.....




The impatiens planted in the large pots bit the dust so I pulled them out.....


That is only ONE coleus planted in each of the smaller pots!!!

When they die out, I will be replacing them with greenery cut from the trees on the side of our road for the Winter.....


The coleus did so well this year......

Across in the flower bed on top of the slope in front of our row of townhouses.......


I replaced the solar lights for the Summer with ghost and skeleton ones from Dollar Tree......


The red begonias are still doing good.....

 
I moved the larger terra cotta Jack O Lantern into the rusty angel bird bath......
 

A Halloween mini flag.....
 


Will you look at that tree across from me??????
 



And look at what it looks like at Sunset with the sun illuminating it!!!!!

My park bench......

An owl sits upon a Jack O Lantern that I made out of a pretzel container......

 
A tombstone and the smaller terra cotta Jack O Lantern.....

I bought the gourdes from the Amish Farmer for $1 each and made a Halloween bow for the lantern....

Do you see the bats on the bench????

Underneath the bench......


A Dollar Tree tombstone and Dollar General skulls......


I pulled out the impatiens from this vintage red watering can and placed a gourd and skeleton hand salad tongs inside of it......

 
 

More skeleton and ghost solar lights.....


A Halloween mini flag.....


 Both the red begonias and marigolds are hanging in there.....

I really enjoyed decorating the front of the house for Halloween which has always been a favorite Holiday of mine.....

I loved it as a kid and I enjoyed making every single one of my sons Halloween costumes as they never wore a store bought costume!!

This year, I will be helping out with the Halloween party and Trunk and Treat at my church so I am looking forward to that....

And the answer to whether I get Trick or Treaters......

NO!!!

I have not gotten any for a number of years but I still buy candy and am ready for them just in case....

The neighborhood and times have changed since my sons were young and there would be about 30+ kids from the neighborhood that would come around.....
 
I will be sharing how it looks lit up at night when I post my annual Falloween Home Tour.....
 
 I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY for Saturday Snippets, which will be my next post......  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



4 comments:

  1. I love the Halloween front of your house! My favorite is the Skelton Head Wreath. I haven't seen one like that it is looks great! I also love those giant coleus! I have photos of my cabinet of curiosity up. My grandchildren just love it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun decoration!
    Here in Germany you don't really see many houses having Halloween decorations, it's more a thing for some shops or public places which is a pity. There's also not much trick or treating going on.

    (Visiting from Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot #77)

    Cat
    https://catswire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you don't get ant trick or theaters! Your house is perfect for it! I especially like your tribute to Joe!❤️
    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many fun and spooky looking decorations!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...