I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, July 10, 2023

Back Yard Cottage Garden & a Few New Buys, Part 2, Bed and Breakfast Series, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT!!
 
It seems like I have quite a bit that I want to share so for the next few weeks, I will be now posting
 3 TIMES A WEEK !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS
starting this week!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Today, I will be sharing the other half of my Back Yard Cottage Garden and a few new Buys....
 

In my last post, I shared the first half of my Back Yard Cottage Garden!!

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 I want to Thank Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for choosing my post, Summer "Sweet Treat" Tree and a Graduation Party, as one of her features from last week's A Morning Cup of Joe Linky Party!! 
 


Thanks so much, Andrea!! 

And Thanks to Dee, over at Grammy's Grid,for choosing my post, Patriotic Crafting and Nelson Crest in her Patriotic Finery, as one of her feature's from the All Things American and Patriotic themed Party!

 
Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!

 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
We have our Grand Pups for a week so it is going to be a quiet relaxing week which is okay as we will also be experiencing a lot of heat ( near 90 temps,) and humidity!!

They are enjoying their stay here....
 
Azumi and Faye with G Pop....



 
 Azumi finally opened her eyes!!!!

 
  Faye taking a nap on the side of me.....



 
Azumi sleeping on the ottoman.....

 
 And both of them doing what they do best....taking a nap....
 

 
 
Such sweet girls!!

My Bed and Breakfast Series

I always say that in my 40's, when all my multiple Medical issues started to rear their ugly heads, I knew that my days of traveling for any distance were over....

So I decided that since I loved the Victorian Era so much that I would turn my 1970's built townhouse into the Victorian Bed and Breakfast that I would love to stay at if I was able to continue to travel....
 
This concept worked so well that now that I am retired, I seldom want to leave my own little Victorian Bed and Breakfast that I created for myself.... 

Because I feel I am now on vacation every single day!!
 
Last Year, I started a Series of posts that I called My Bed and Breakfast Series...
 
 
Today, I am continuing this Series....
 
 
And now, I finally want to share my little Back Yard Cottage Garden.....


 After all, most Victorian Bed and Breakfasts usually have a beautiful garden for their guests to admire and spend time in during their stay....

 
As many of you know, we live in a row of 10 townhouses and we have, what I always called, back yards the size of a Postage Stamp!

We will continue on the Tour of my Back Yard Cottage Garden where I left off....

On the Patio....

 
  I recently had Joe pick up 2 new outdoor pillows for the new chairs I bought this Summer... 


I love the bright colors in these....
 

Plus they are reversible!!!


They also have a zipper so you can take off the covers and wash them!
 
 
 
And they go nicely with the place mats that I have used on the Patio....
 

 
And to make them even better, they were only $7.99 in Ollies and with a 15% off total purchase coupon, they were only $6.40 each!!


They also go well with the umbrella....




The walkway to the shed....

 
 Again, like the Patio, I stayed with a Bright, Colorful and Whimsical theme for the Back Yard...
 
The Rose of Sharon Tree that I transplanted from my neighbor Ed's yard is doing well in this pot along with 3 marigolds that I grew from seeds....



The Loosestrife that I shared in my last post......


This is how it looks on this side of the center flower bed....


I will cut it back by the end of the week as it is getting too tall but the bumble bees sure do love those blooms...
 
And now the right side of the center flower bed....


My Gnome Garden....

 
Another recent purchase was this!!!



I just fell in love with it and thought it would be the perfect addition....


To the Gnome Garden....


Originally was $33 at Big Lot's but was on sale at 40% off and with a $5 off $15 coupon, it came down to around $15!


I placed a pot of marigolds on top of it...



Missouri Primrose and Columbine are growing in this area....


The metal frog on the rock came from a neighbor who moved and told me to take whatever I wanted from her yard as she moved to an apartment....


You may remember that I gave the items from my Gnome Garden a new coat of paint not long ago....



The Bug Light Bulb in the lantern comes on by Timer at Dawn and goes off at Dusk....


A Gnome Mini Flag...

Looking over at the other side of the Garden....


Growing in front of the Ice Cream Parlor chair is an Autumn Joy StoneCrop Sedum which will bloom in the Fall....


This year, I transplanted a hosta in the pot in the chair that I had thinned out in the flower bed down by our mailboxes at the entrance to our Court....


I hung a ceramic bird house that Joe bought last year in Big Lot's at 90% off ( a little over a Buck) from the Purple Plum Leaf Tree....



Along with this vintage strainer, that I planted Lobelia in after lining it with landscape fabric to keep the dirt inside of it....


And it seems to be doing well....
 
The statue was in my late neighbor Elly's yard....


 I think I will give that fire hydrant a fresh coat of red paint....
 
A few asters, which will bloom in the Fall, and a loosestrife are planted here in the corner near the shed....



Here is a look at the other part of the yard from this side of it....





We will now take a look at the flower bed that I created, when I straightened out the walkway from the patio to the shed, in the back right hand corner of the yard.......




A local small grocery store close to us was clearing out some of their hanging baskets....

Joe bought this "Wandering Jew" Plant for only $5.99


I took the hanger off it and placed it inside this aqua pot that I bought at Dollar Tree.....


The apartment complex by our development where both my sons live, was cutting down trees on the property and had a pile of stumps for anyone who wanted to take them so I had Joe confiscate one for me!

I sprayed it with a sealant and placed the plant on top of it like a plant stand.....


It is doing so well in this spot that I had to move the other plant stand that I had next to it to another place because there was no room for 2 plants here....



I planted 2 impatiens in each of these hanging pots....


They are doing well.....



This is another hanging pot that Joe picked up for $5.99....


I placed this one in a bright yellow pot from Dollar Tree.....
 

And put it on top of this vintage milk can....


More Missouri Primrose growing to the left of the milk can...


And planted on the right side, are asters that will bloom in the Fall with a light purple daisy like flower....



I moved this pot with begonias planted in it here from the back where the "wandering Jew" plant was crowding it out....



This is the view of the Patio now from the back of the yard....



This pot, planted with impatiens, is doing well....


I also bought a Gerber Daisy off the clearance racks in Lowe's for only $4.....

 
I put it here and moved the pot, with marigolds planted in it, to the plant stand that I moved here from the back of the yard....

 
I did get to finish another project that I wanted to do....

When I first shared my Colorful Patio, I showed how I used vintage enamelware pots for storing sand, dirt and rocks ....


I wanted to label them as soon as I was able to find the Letter stickers that I had recently bought....

Well, I did locate them and got to label the pots....


I am glad I made use of these pots that were just sitting in storage in a closet......


And that concludes my Mid Summer Tour of my Back Yard Cottage Garden....

I hope you enjoyed seeing it and I will be posting updates throughout the Season.....

In my next post on WEDNESDAY, I will be sharing a few changes I made in the Kitchen for Mid Summer....

Involving Strawberries, Bees and a few linen and curtain changes.....






So I hope you will stop by to visit again on WEDNESDAY!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  THURSDAY
 
 

 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


8 comments:

  1. Love the bed and breakfast idea, Deb! I'm a total homebody so I've always enjoyed "vacationing" in my yard, we were sitting by the pool this weekend planning a potential getaway when we were like why? So I get it. Your garden is lovely and I can see why you wouldn't want to leave...great colors and it's such a happy space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is just a riot of color - and I mean that in the most positive way! I just love all the bright summer flowers mixed with your bright and cheerful garden decor! It is just so cheerful and pretty. I would love to be your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pillows were a great find, Debbie, and you can't beat the price. Love the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen your backyard garden, Debbie. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you say your backyard is a postage stamp, but it is decked out to the NINES Debbie! You have so many things and places for the eyes to land which I personally love in a garden. I am looking forward to the after summer sales to see what I can pick up for next year. Everything is picked over right now, but I am hoping I can stumble upon something good for our yard soon. The pups look like they are enjoying their visit, and I am just betting they are being spoiled too! I say this as my own pup is sitting on the couch with me taking up most of the couch! LOL. Ornery and spoiled, but we wouldn't want them any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful garden with so much to see! Those new pillows are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Debbie, so many PA memories, including the humidity! :-) We had Steve and Edyie for almost 20 years, a Silkie Yorkie and a Shitzu. I miss them SO much. Enjoy your week with these precious ones. Happy PS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,
      I am commenting here because i tried to comment on your blog 3 times! First I wanted to comment on the Robert Plant post but there was no box to do so that showed up after several attempts at refreshing your site. Then I did write a comment on following post but Wordpress did not remember my password that i just changed a week ago so i had to create a new password, losing the comment..So I went back to comment again on that post and once again the comment box disappeared for that post...So I am here thanking you for your visit!! My husband is a huge Led Zeppelin fan so that sounds like a great concert to see!!! I hope you are having a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...