I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, June 23, 2023

Patriotic Crafting and Nelson Crest in Her Patrioitc Finery! 2023

 


 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
I am now posting TWICE  a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY and FRIDAY!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 Today, I will be sharing how Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, looks all decked out in her Summer Patriotic decor along with a few Patriotic crafts that I recently made....
 

In my last post, I shared the rest of the Living Room decorated for the Summer Patriotic Holidays....





 
And the hall downstairs...


Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 
I want to Thank Dee, over at Grammy's Grid, for featuring my post, Patriotic Tree, where I also shared the Patriotic Star that I made, from last week's I Made It Monday Link Party!!!....

 
 
Thanks so much, Dee!!
 
 
 And also Thanks to Richella, over at Grace at Home, for featuring my post, Patriotic Summer Tree, from the last Imparting Grace Linky Party!!
 

 Thanks again, Richella!!!
  Please visit and link up to these wonderful parties!!
 
 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 
Last June, Joe won $1000 and then $500 on Scratch Offs....
 
 This June , he won $1000 a few weeks ago...
 
Today, on the same day he won $500 a year ago, he won $400 on a new Scratch Off... 


 
As my son Joey always says....
 
" He sold his soul to the Devil"!
 
LOL!
 
And as I always say, " Just getting his money back"!
 
But at least he is getting some of it back....

 

Tomorrow is my Great Niece Caitlin's Graduation Party so I will be making lasagna today in addition to 2 batches of cookies I already made....

 
Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies....

I gave my son Joey some to take into work as he is always "enjoying" desserts brought in my his fellow coworkers....

His work friend Erin sent me one of her gigantic cookies to taste....

 

 Yes, it fills out a sandwich bag!!!


Delicious!!!

 
I also sent over a few cookies to my next door neighbor Mehrukh, who in turned sent over 2 pieces of New York Cheesecake!!
 

Joey and I enjoyed them after dinner for 2 days....

Joe does not eat things like this....


I have been enjoying my Patio in the back......

 
Burning my citronella candles....

 
And reading a book in the evenings...


I also took what I call a Carpe Diem Day during the week and did a bit of reading in the afternoon on the front porch as it was a nice cool day with low humidity....


I know for many this is a small amount but I am determined to read at least 10 books this Summer....

It seems I have more time in the Summer to read and craft because I am not changing the Holiday and Seasonal decorations in our home over every 4-6 weeks....

And I really do need to clear out some of the books that I have amassed to read in Retirement...

 

And with that being said, I also have time to do more crafting.....

Bringing me to some crafting that I have recently done.....

I was inspired by something on Pinterest that caught my eye.....

Well, actually, there are a lot of things on Pinterest that catches my eye!!

So I went to Dollar Tree to buy a few things I needed....


What I wanted were these Party decorations....


But when I saw this sweet Patriotic Pup, I had to have him too!!!


And here he is on the Platform under my Patriotic Tree in the Living Room.....


 
This is what I made with the party decorations.....


I had 2 of these Dollar Tree hats.....


One of which I placed on top of the curio in the Living Room....


I filled the inside of the other hat with the party decorations and some flowers and greenery....


I also used one of the Patriotic coasters that we keep receiving through the mail from Veteran's organizations that Joe donates to......


Plus I glued one to the front of the hat....


I am using the hat as a centerpiece on my Dining Room table and will be sharing a Patriotic tablescape or 2 in the future.....


You may remember that I recently bought these ornaments at Dollar General for a buck a piece.....



I added some vintage looking tinsel trim around the edges.....


I also used some of those coasters to make these.....


The silver stars were bought at Dollar Tree last year and I embellished the coasters with red tinsel trim and a mini red star garland from Christmas before gluing them to the stars...


I topped it off with a red, white and blue button....
 
 And this is where I chose to display them rather than on the Tree...


I hung 2 of them here.....


And added the 3rd one to this sign....





 
Now I have made Patriotic Fire Crackers before using mini flags and toilet paper and paper towel rolls....


But I was inspired by Ann, over at Apple Street Cottage, who made these charming Fire Crackers from Essential Oil Tubes!!!!


Ann's project reminded me that I had cut up a faded old Patriotic banner that I used on the front porch in past years so I had some blue fabric with white stars on it....

I also recently got rid of rolls of wrapping paper I had, giving them to my niece Renae, as I do not give gifts to family members ( money or gift cards) and when I gift friends something, I use gift bags....

I did save 3 rolls of red, green and gold glittered wrapping paper to use for crafting....

And this is the new Patriotic Fire Cracker that I came up with...

 
I used a Quaker Oats canister, a Pringle's one and a tin can....

 
I covered one with the red glittered wrapping paper, one with the gold and one with the star fabric from the banner....

 
I trimmed them with red and gold vintage looking tinsel trim.....


And added gold and silver pipe cleaners to the tops....


I printed out a few vintage graphics, gluing them to each canister and then trimmed them out with pipe cleaners....



I displayed it on the stairs in the corner of the Living Room.........

 
It goes well with the hand crafted red glittered envelope that a beautiful card was in, sent to me by my FB friend, Angela....

 
And in the evening, it sparkles with the lights of the Tree by it....



I will be doing  a few more Patriotic and Americana crafts so stay tuned....


And that brings us to Nelson Crest....


She is all decked out in her Patriotic Finery for the Summer.....


Nothing much new this year.....

The left side yard....






The balcony off the Master Bedroom....


Last year, I bought these cute mini Patriotic pin wheels in Dollar Tree that I have used as "wreaths" for the windows....




I made a wreath for the door....



I made the banners many years ago from crepe paper....


And glued star stickers to the center of each banner....



The left side of the front yard.....



 
Fire crackers on the fretwork above the porch....



The front porch.....


A wreath I made hangs on the front door....

 
Flower pots on the porch and steps....

 
 
Fresh milk and eggs have just been delivered....


The red cardinal in the bird bath to the left is new, bought for a buck at Dollar General....




In the right front yard....

A flag pole....






The right side yard....

 
The water spout with the red cardinal was also just bought for a buck at Dollar General....





I hoped you enjoyed seeing how Nelson Crest will look for the rest of the Summer.....


She will be decorated this way until Halloween.....

I also want to share an amazing Sunset from our front porch.....











 I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY for my next post when I will be sharing My Summer "Sweet Treat" Tree in the Craft Room....





 Hope to see you back here again on MONDAY!!
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


19 comments:

  1. Your patriotic decor is beautiful, Debbie and so much crafty goodness. Thank you so much for sharing how you jazzed up the Dollar Tree ornaments and I adore the firecrackers. I was admiring them in your last post and had wondered about them. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The firecrackers are so cute and creative! I just love how you decorate your doll house for the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the new crafted firecrackers! Your home is so festive, as usual..and, thanks for the tour! Enjoy your reading!
    xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.
      Thanks so much for visiting and for your kind words!! I did have fun creating those new fire crackers even though I ended up pretty much covered with glitter!! LOL!! I hope you are having a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Well done, Joe! It looks like you are ready for the upcoming holiday and I have a feeling it will be very festive at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always seem to have the most fun with your decorating. I love how your dolls house is looking. Do you have milk deliveries still where you are? We have our milk delivered still but it's definitely not as common as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I think the part that got me this week was the relaxing reading in your adorable outdoor area. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I do enjoy sitting outside and reading....I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. I always enjoy visiting Nelson Crest...and wow you rare really ready. Those sweet buntings on the railings make it perfect. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I am always so impressed by all your seasonal decor! The firecrackers you made are so fun & vintage looking. I am making a note for next year. Your doll house is dressed up beautifully. You did a fabulous job. Thanks for linking up at The Home Imagined party. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nelson Crest looks all ready for the 4th! Thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 154 for All Things American and Patriotic. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy seeing Nelson Crest decked out for the holidays. I looked at all your great pix in the small format, and when I got to the dollhouse, I enlarged the pictures so I didn't miss a detail! Love the vintage looking firecracker cannisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for taking time to drop by and to leave such a sweet comment...So happy that you enjoyed seeing Nelson Crest in her Patriotic finery...And glad that you liked the vintage style Fire cracker canisters...I am happy with how they came out!! I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  11. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 118. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your July 4th celebrations. We will have July 1 here in Canada.
    Thank you from your SSPS Team and Esme for sharing your various links with us at #267 SSPS Linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slabs,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! Happy Canada Day to you and your family!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  13. Love how the Manor is decorated! Pinned, thanks for sharing with SSPS#267.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, I am in LOVE with those vintage inspired firecrackers! The vintage pictures are so sweet, I want to make a set now. I imagine your bed and breakfast would look just like your Victorian dollhouse. It amazes me with the ideas you come up with to decorate the dollhouse with! I always wanted a dollhouse, my best friend growing up had one, and we spent hours playing with it. Funny enough, it was an antique. Her parents were big collectors, knowing what I know how, I do not think I would have let two littles play with the items we played with. One of our favorite pass times was playing with the large mercury ball they had in a large jar. We're still alive... lol! Hope you have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATS, Debbie! Your post is FEATURED at #AThemedLinkup 155 for Coastal Crafts and Décor from the previous linkup for All Things American and Patriotic!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...