I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Red and Blue Transferware with a Touch of Americana Along with a Home Made "Flag" , 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT!!
 
It seems like I have quite a bit that I want to share so for the next few weeks, I will be now posting
 3 TIMES A WEEK !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS
starting this week!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 In my last post, I shared how I decorated my Seasonal Tree in my Craft Room for the Summer....


 


 And my Great Niece Caitlin's Graduation Party!!!



Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 I want to Thank Dee, over at Grammy's Grid, for choosing my post, Patriotic Summer Tree, as one of her features from the last Themed Link Party, Summer Craft and Decor.....
 

 Thanks so much, Dee!!!


And I also wast to Thank to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn and Niki, over at Life as a Leo Wife, who are the hosts of Home Week for the You're the Star Blog Hop, for choosing my post, French Country Vintage Farmhouse Kitchen, Part 3, as one of their features for Home Week!!!!
 

 Thanks again, Niki and Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties....


NO Personal Notes this post as this will be a long one ....
 
 
 
 
 
Our Den was once an enclosed patio off the back of our townhouse....

I have it decorated in a blue, burgundy and ivory color scheme.....
 
Which lends itself nicely to an Americana theme of decorating for the Summer months... 

I like to display a lot of my red and blue transferware dishes in this room....

Especially in the China Cupboard......
 

Today, will be the first part of my tour of the Den decorated for Summer....

The top of the china cupboard.....

Over on the left side...

A blue transferware pitcher, purchased at Salvation Army....

A red tranfersware creamer....

I bought the wood sign in Gabes on Clearance years ago....

I also have most of my Thomas Kinkade items in this room including the clock.....

A bird cage with a bow on top made of Patriotic ribbon.....


More blue and red transferware......

A garden glove  "A Thyme to Reap"

On the left side of the china cupboard....

Hanging on the china cupboard is a sign that Joe bought on Clearance at 90% off in Big Lots a few years ago.....

I bought this sweet girl at a church flea market which always had such wonderful decor items....

I added some embellishment to her outfit and to the hearts and basket....

I added the candle to the wood heart that I bought at a yard sale.....

On a chair, below the table that I refinished, is a Gnome that was gifted to me by my Niece Renae and great nieces this past Christmas.....

I covered his red plaid hat with a tea stained flag.....

For the Summer, I always display some of my collection of red and blue transferware dishes in the china cupboard....

The top shelf.....

This year, I also added some of my Ruby Red Depression glass tumblers....


I taped a paper place mat to the back of the top shelf , adding a little bit of color to the back ground.....




Middle shelf.....


No lid for the sugar bowl so I added some burgundy silk roses....



 
 
Bottom shelf....

 
Some different pieces of red transferware are displayed on this shelf this year...








I decided to make one of my own to use up some of the trims and laces that I have in my stash....


Let's take a closer look......

 
I have a LOT of trims and laces left over from when I sold Victorian styled crafts on EBay and at local craft fairs and in a few shops....

I used a fringed beige trim for the hanger and added a thin burgundy gimp trim to it....

 
 I also ran these trims along the top and finished off the corners with burgundy ribbon flowers...
 
 I used a vintage ruler as the "hanger" to which tan, burgundy and ivory trims and laces are attached..
 
 
I had cut up an old faded Patriotic bunting that I previously used out on the front porch railing so that is where I got the 'Star' fabric from....
 
 I did not try to get an accurate ratio in size and placement of the "Stars" with the "Stripes" because it is just a Flag like decoration...
 
 In fact , I hung the "Stars" part with the wider part across the top rather then on the side as a real flag would hang...
 
 
 I do not want people to think I was imitating Our Country's Flag which many people get upset about...
 
Trimmed the bottom of the"Stars" piece with an ivory fringe and added a strip of gimp for contrast....

 
And the sides with ivory lace........
 
I decided to use trims and laces in burgundy, ivory and beige to go with the color theme of the room for the "stripes"..........
 
 
 
I added some burgundy ribbon flowers to the bottom of the fringe that I thought would fray....

 
I am glad that I was able to use up quite a bit of my stash for this project!!!


The dimensions are 12inches by 20 inches.....

A perfect fit here hanging on the door of the china cupboard, don't you think????


I am very happy with how it came out...


And I am so grateful to MaryJo, over at Master "PIECES" of My Life, for the inspiration!!!!

MaryJo is a co host of the twice monthly, on every other Tuesday, Home Imagined Link Party!!! 

Please take some time to check out this charming party!!!




As you can see, I also like to decorate underneath the china cupboard on the areas created by 2 vintage suitcases....



The bottom suitcase was my Mother's and was filled of tons of old photos and albums which I still need to transfer into an acid free photo storage case I recently bought....

 
I have also used several more pieces of red and blue transferware.....


On the top suit case.....


I bought the 2 Patriotic beach houses in Pier One several years ago.....


Along with those great bottle brush trees.....


The flowers that I used were bought at an estate sale and are made out of.....

Wait for it....

Colored panty hose!!!!!

I bought a bag with several other colored ones and these for, I think, $3.....

On a pedestal on top of a storage box in the other house.....


On top of the bottom suitcase.....


Another wood sign from Gabes.....



The card in front of the tea cup saucer was actually from one of those Post It calendars....



 
 And the welcome sign came from this Chicken that you may remember from my Kitchen....


Which originally looked like this but I removed the welcome sign.....


Looks better here because of the coloring of it.....


You may have noticed that in addition to the battery operated puck lights inside the china cupboard, I also added a string of Fairy Lights to the inside and below the cupboard....



 
 
 
 It all looks a bit magical in the Evening.....
 
 And this is where I will leave off for today......

 
 In my next post on FRIDAY....

YES, I am adding another weekly post for the next few weeks....
 
 I will be sharing my Americana Tree in the Den....


 
Decorated with mostly Toile tea cup and tea pot ornaments....


Along with a simple makeover of a Tree Topper bought on Clearance at Christmas....


A few more Patriotic Crafts and where I put them....




And the rest of the Americana decor in the Den.....




So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!!!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
 

 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


11 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing your 4th of July decor with us. It looks beautiful. I love transferware too. I have the same pattern in blue that you have in red. It was my Grandmas. Your flag is adorable. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb! I always love your red & blue transferware every time you display it. It's a beautiful collection. I also love that you added a vintage flag to the gnome to make it patriotic instead of Christmasy. And the ribbon flag looks so good!!! Thank you so much for the shout out I really appreciate all the love. Hope you and Joe have a fabulous 4th of July Holliday. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the patriotic decor, Debbie, especially your flag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such amazing decorations, they are gorgeous - you are totally ready for July 4th! Hope you have an amazing day and celebrate in style! :)

    Hope Caitlin enjoyed her Graduation Party too - so lovely to see all those pierogi! Sim x Hopping over from ShareYourStyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are clearly ready for the holiday! Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, it never ceases to amaze me the number of goodies you have to display for every season. Toatlly loving all the transferware and antiques, which are so close to my heart! Hugs, and Happy 4th! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the Americana decor! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators!
    Niki | Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie the transferware cabinet is amazing, every detail looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, The transferware cabinet is amazing. All of your Patriot details are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie,
    Wow, I love all of this, especially like the flag. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things.
    I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2023/07/desserts-and-patriotic-ideas-on.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you have the largest red and blue transferware set I have seen Debbie. I love the way your ribbon flag turned out! So cute. I am a lover of vintage suitcases myself, your mothers is a beaut. I made the mistake of painting two many years ago, now I regret it. I do have a gray three piece set that I need to get out and display somewhere. Thank you for sharing and reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...