I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, May 22, 2023

French Country Vintage Farmhouse Kitchen, Part 3, 2023

 

 

 

 



 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
I am now posting TWICE  a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY and FRIDAY!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Today, I will be sharing the final part of my Kitchen Tour decorated for Late Spring /Early Summer.....

 
In my last post, I shared Part 2 of a 3 part Tour of my Kitchen decorated in what I call a French Country Vintage Farmhouse theme using a red and yellow color scheme along with a lot of "Roos and Hens"....

 

 

 

 

 And a few new Buys.....

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
For Mother's Day, my son Joey gifted me an Amazon Gift Card....

This is what I got with the gift card....

 
My fellow Bloggers always inspire me and I have seen both of these used on other Blogs....
 
I loved this as it can be used for reading and for crafting!!!

 
It has 3 different degrees of brightness too!!!

And I also saw this heat gun used many times to dry paint projects...


I am thrilled with both of them!!!


Sharing a few more pictures of when the grand pups were here with us last week....

 
They so love their G Pop!!
 
 



The Columbine on our slope is now blooming....


I did not plant any of it....


These all reseeded from my neighbor's yard...



My Rhododendron is in full bloom too!!





I did finally go and buy the annuals for the front porch and yard....



I will be sharing these planted in my next post on FRIDAY......
 
The local Garden Center that I went to for these flowers is right next to a brand new Dollar General.......
 
 I picked up a few things....

 
I was thrilled to find this pie plate with this Christmas saying on it as I have other things with this saying .....

 
I bought this for a buck...

 
And I also bought a few craft supplies....

 
Along with red roses to replace some that faded on the front porch door wreath....

 
 I will be going to this Dollar General from now on as it is at least double the size of the one that I have been going to....
 
I bought this porch flag at Ollies....



I will start the last leg of my Tour of the Kitchen decorated for Late Spring/Early Summer in what i call a French Country Vintage Farmhouse theme!!!

I went with a lot of "Ross and Hens" and primarily a red and yellow color scheme!!

I last left off here at the beverage bar.....


You can see my large hen on top of the fridge....


This is what the top of the fridge looked like last year.....


I  bought this in Big Lot's and it was a bit larger than I expected...


I removed the Welcome sign and will be using that in the Den and I also am not using the big black flume of feathers that attaches to the back this year.....


It fits better on top of the fridge that way.......

 
I recently bought the vintage styled enamelware Bread Box in Michael's using a gift card gifted to me by my son Jim and my DIL Danielle.....

I tied a red and white checked bow around the neck of the Hen in place of that Welcome sign....


I bought the red and white chicken sign in Dollar Tree last year....



A vintage yellow enamelware coffee pot on top of the bread box with red Salt and Pepper shakers....


Vintage egg cups.....


A clock on the wall from the now closed Country Folks gift shop....



To the right of the fridge above the doorway into the Dining Room from the Kitchen.....



The Counter Bar....

 
On the left side of the counter bar.....

This is where I display my vintage laundry items....

 
The wash board was one of 3 that I got from my late neighbor Elly's house....

 
I love that patina on the wash board.....

 
The clothes pins in a vintage mason jar were were hand carved by my MIL's late neighbor ...

 
The starch can placed inside a crock is not vintage as I bought it in The Christmas Tree Shop several years ago.....

The bottle is a vintage Clorox bottle along with an antique iron....


Back to the counter bar......


The shelf above the counter bar is filled with both vintage and vintage styled Kitchen items....


I made more of those red and white and yellow and white checked ribbon bows for the garland....


The garland is made up of a floral garland and a seed bag garland....

The Beer tray was my Dad's.....


The Galley sign was bought when the Red Lobster by us remodeled and had a yard sale in the parking lot.....


I paid $5 for it!!!

The lamp was also my neighbor Elly's.....

 Vintage yellow fiestaware tea cups and saucers placed on top of red mercury glass candle holders....


I recently bought these vines in Dollar Tree...

I hung them on each side on the shutters.....


The runner is a red and white plaid and I also used 2 yellow and white checked place mats .....


I used these place mats through out the Kitchen.....


Trish, who owns the house next to us, gave me this great basket as she did not want it....


I will be using the basket elsewhere but I took off the fabric and it fit perfectly on this galvanized tub which fits better on the stool under the counter bar....

Joe keeps his "goodies" in it....


I made the cafe curtain from a tablecloth.....

I recently bought these flowers in Dollar Tree and Dollar General.....



And I bought the red geraniums in Michael's....



I added all three flower bushes together and placed them in this crock....

 
The rooster rug beater and apron are vintage....


The ceramic hen mold was my parent's....



 And that completes my tour of the Kitchen decorated for Late Spring/Early Summer.....
 
I will stay this way until after July 4th when I will decorate it in an Apple and Sunflower theme....
 
I hope you enjoyed the Tour....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 I hope you will stop by to visit again on  Friday when I share how I planted my pots out in the front yard and on the porch and how I decorated it for Memorial Day.....
 
 
 
 
 


 


 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


 

9 comments:

  1. Your flowers are just gorgeous! That slope is just a riot of color! And your Rhododendron is just amazing. What color!!! So pretty!!! Your kitchen is so cheerful. You sure did find some cute stuff at Dollar General. We have two new ones going up on either side of our town. I have found you need to buy things when you see them, they disappear fast! Great new craft helpers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to see your decorations, I'm guessing your roos are not the same as our Kanga roos?! How lovely to have all your self seeded blooming gorgeous garden. Have a lovely day.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have one of those reading lights and have no idea where it is. I really want another and I'm glad you posted that. I'll check out Amazon. I might get Rick one for his birthday, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like your red & yellow color scheme along with those roosters -- they have so much personality. Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 66.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie - I'm always so blown away by all you do with your decorating. I'm such a minimalist, so looking at your decor gives me the enjoyment of the experience without the maintenance and storage of it all :) Your garden is also looking really pretty and those two grandpups are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gardens are looking wonderful! I was just out doing some planting and watering yesterday and while most of my plants seem to be doing well I have a few that look like they're really struggling this year (and not having a green thumb I have zero clues what to do!). I am always in awe of all the work you do swapping out your lovely decorations for all the seasons and holidays and things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had another fun visit to your home and enjoyed looking around your kitchen. The red and yellow makes your kitchen so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see more vintage goodies I would love to have in my collection Debbie! I see the pups are enjoying their visit, they are too cute. Your flowers always look so good, I wish I had a knack for growing things around here, but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me. Maybe I will just fill the flower beds with vintage goodies! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is very cheery!
    I especially love the red checkered touches.

    Thank you for sharing this at the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 62

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...