I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, May 1, 2023

"Tea Room" Buffet in the Dining Room, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
I am now posting TWICE  a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY and FRIDAY!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Today, I will start to share how I decorated the Dining Room like a Tea Room for the Summer months.....
 
 
In my last post, I shared my Early Spring Back Yard and a few changes to my Fairy Gardens.......

 

 

 

 And a Front Yard Update!!

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
Happy May!!!

 
 WOW!!
 
Isn't this year just flying by or WHAT?????
 
 
 We have had the pups over the past week.....

Here are a few pics.....
 
They do enjoy sleeping here!!
 
 


 




 And even helped me do some decorating!!!

BUSTED....

She made off with a flower!!



They will be going back home on Tuesday evening....
 
 
 
Imagine taking the pups outside in the back yard and putting on the porch light and seeing this at 5:15 am!!!
 
 
 
 
 
It was more shocking in the dark with the porch light and lantern in the yard on!!


 
 Joe has his work "CUT" out for him today...
 
 
 
 I guess this is what happens when you have a dry Summer, Fall and Winter and then get 3 inches of rain in a day....
 
 
 
 AMAZINGLY, there is NO DAMAGE to anything!!!!
 

I am so very thankful for that because I thought it surely would have taken out my arbor!!
 
 
 
 And there was even a robin and a dove on the tree but only could get pics of the dove!!
 

I will be sharing more pictures of the clean up in my next post....
 
 I guess my back yard will have more Sun in it now!!! 
 
 LOL! 
 
I do have to say that this rendered Joe speechless when he looked out back to see what happened ( I just told him to look outside in the back)!! 

And that does not happen often!!!


I have managed to take down and pack away all of Easter in the Living Room and Dining Room....

The Living Room is pretty much put back together so all I have to do is decorate it for the Summer Patriotic Holidays...

Speaking of Holidays....

Now that Easter is over, my "Holiday Season" is now OVER!!!


I consider the "Holiday Season" for me from the time right after Labor Day til Easter is over as that is when I am re-decorating most of the house about every 4-6 weeks....

I only decorate the Living Room for the Summer Patriotic Holidays and then after July 4th, I decorate it in an "Under the Sea" theme....

The rest of the downstair rooms are "normal" during that time...

"Normal" meaning devoid of any Holiday Decorations....

Last year, I decided to decorate the Dining Room during the Summer months in a "Tea Room" theme since I consider my townhouse my own little Victorian Bed and Breakfast!!

And I am going with that theme again for this Summer...

After all, I think my Dining Room is my most "Victorian" looking room in the house....

This is how I decorated the buffet in the Dining Room last year in the "Tea Room" theme....





Click HERE to see last year's post on the Tea Room Buffet and learn why I chose a "Tea Room" theme....


This year, I did things a bit differently and used some new pieces that I bought over the past year....




In the corner.....


I hung the "Tea Room" sign that my FB friend Angela gifted me....
 
 

 
 


Let's start in the left corner....
 
 
 
 

I used more of my pink depression glass pieces this year....

 
A pink depression glass Biscuit Jar....




One of my Thomas Kinkade Pink Ladies figurines.....

 
2 Victorian Ladies enjoying a cup of Tea....


A pink depression glass sugar bowl on top of a book about Tea.......
 

 And a tea bag holder....
 
 

On top of one of the gold mercury glass pedestals I bought after Christmas on Clearance in Dollar General.....

I placed a pink depression glass plate on top of a white doily on the pedestal.....

I placed 2 mugs, one marked Coffee and the other marked Tea, on top along with a pair of lace gloves and a "Calling Card"

In the center....

On the shelf above the buffet....

I kept this tiered serving dish, that I bought with a gift card from Amazon gifted to me by my son for my birthday, the same as it was for Easter......


 If you missed the post on My Easter Bunny Tea on the Buffet, please click HERE!!!

I did place a cherub "Calling Card" holder on top....

The sugar and creamer that match the mugs....


And 2 tea cups and saucers that are part of my set of china that I bought myself before I got married....

 I thought they went well with the Tea set....

After I took these pictures, I added a pretty vintage hankie with a hand tatted trim on it....



On the right side.....

On top of the other gold mercury glass pedestal.....

Again, I placed a white doily and a pink depression glass plate on top of it....



Along with the tea pot from the tea set that I bought at T.J.Maxx several years ago....



A brass candelabra that I spray painted pink about 25 years ago....



The creamer that goes with the sugar bowl.....


Another book about Tea.....


And another tea bag holder...


One more Thomas Kinkade Pink Lady....


A pink depression glass candy dish....


And that is my Tea Buffet in the Dining Room.....




It will stay this way for at least a few weeks when I may change it up again....


I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated the buffet as if it was in a Tea Room.....


And I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY when I share more of the Dining Room decorated in a "Tea Room" theme....
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
 
  Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


15 comments:

  1. With the branch that came down it looks like Joe's chainsaw will come in handy again and you have some lilacs for a bouquet. Good thing nothing was damaged. Your depression glass biscuit jar is so pretty. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ,
      It truly is a miracle that nothing was damaged...Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a kind comment!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Your tea buffet is so pretty and elegant, there are so many lovely additions, but those gloves just get me. Such a civilized tradition! My mom used to wear gloves and I always thought it was so elegant. Thanks for the memory! Happy Tea Time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each photo was a pure delight. I loved looking at all the details. You have a beautifully decorated home inside and out. Sweet photos of the pups. Sorry to read about the tree. Before we moved into our home, one of the bigger trees toppled on our roof but had been repaired and we had absolutely no idea until a year later when a neighbor told me. Happy May to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tea room theme! Everything is so pretty. How sad about the lilac tree. I can't imagine your face when you saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tea buffet! I love tea parties! Sorry about your tree. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Debbie,
    This is just another thank you letter.
    Friday my husband had major surgery. We were in the surgical isolation ward.
    I was the only person allowed in the waiting room during the surgery. About 8 hours.
    I couldn’t even concentrate on my book that I had with me to read.
    So I pulled out my phone and came to visit your home. Didn’t have to read. Just
    Looked at all the lovely pictures and projects. I CAN NOT tell you how much your
    Sweet blog has calmed me down in some pretty scary times.
    So again I simply say Thank You! Truly, Thank You.
    As always Blessings to you and yours💜
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie,
      Thanks so much for this sweet comment..I hope your husband's surgery went well.. And I am glad that my blog provided you with some much needed entertainment to occupy your mind as I can only imagine how stressed out you were...You are very welcome but I truly need to thank you for your faithful following of my blog...It is because of people like you that I keep doing this!! Take care and sending prayers for your husband's speedy recovery!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. Incredible that you had all of the flowers and none of the damage with that large branch in your space. Your tea buffet looks fit for a King!
    Have a great week Debbie.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dogs are looking darling and your yard such a delightful resting place. Isn't it nice to be so ready for tea?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to see our pup is not the only one who runs off with things he shouldn't, I giggled and said yep, I know all about that! You are so lucky there was no damage from the tree. Can't wait to see how you recreate the tea room this year. Everything looks so posh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutest flower bandit ever! I'm so glad that the tree didn't cause any damage. Your tea room buffet is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh! the Victorian touches are so pretty -- all set for a lovely afternoon tea. Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 63.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing your sweet puppies "helping"! lol Your tearoom is absolutely beautiful. I just adore those lace gloves with the vintage calling cards. They're so much prettier than the business cards we carry today. Thank you for sharing your lovely home with us! I'm so glad it wasn't damaged by the falling lilac limbs. My goodness, what a huge bush! Wishing you all the best with the cleanup. Hugs! - Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy seeing pics of the grand pups. Your yard looks great.
    Visiting today from IMM#104,105&106

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...