I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, June 5, 2023

Celebrating Our Country's Birthday, 2023

 

 

 



 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
I am now posting TWICE  a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY and FRIDAY!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Today, I will be sharing how I decorated the top of the TV Entertainment Center for the Summer Patriotic Holidays....
 

In my last post, I shared a look back on a One Year Journey that started on June 1st, 2022 toward living a healthier life...


 

  

  Along with looking back over the last 6 months and reviewing My One Little Word for the year which is SHINE!!!

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


I want to Thank Linda, over at Life and Linda, for choosing my post, Memorial Day Front Porch with Flowers Finally Planted,as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity Link Party!!!
 

 Thanks so much, Linda!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!!
 
 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
I usually do not get to take pictures of Sunrises but on Saturday morning, I was up at 5:15 am....




That is what I get for going to bed early at 10:15 pm.....

7 hours is my max....


On Friday, our son Jim and DIL Danielle treated our son, Joey, to WWE Smackdown at our Arena!!

It was Sold Out!!

 
They had seats right off the Ring by the announcers!!
 
 
 
 And got to see some of their favorites.....
 


 As a Sold Out event, it was a huge boost to our local economy......


I am glad to see that my sons are continuing a family tradition that started with Joe's love of Wrestling when he was in high school....

We watched it as a family every night it was on and if I was working, they would tape it for me...

And we went as a family to every Wrestling event that was at our Arena before the boys moved out....

Glad to see that they are continue to watch it and our DIL Danielle is into it too!!

They all had a great time!!

WWE Raw is coming to our arena in November so I am sure they will be going to see that event too....


So because Joey was there on Friday, Joe went to one of our favorite places, Valley Seafood, to get our Dinner....

 
We split the Scallops and piece of Haddock....

 
Along with an order of Scalloped Potatoes....

 
And we also had tartar sauce and coleslaw...

 
And all this only cost $25.69!!

 
Joey did treat us to a Cheese Steak Pizza from one of our favorite Pizza places, Serpico's...


On Sunday, I decided to use an Olive Garden Gift Card that Jim and Danielle had gifted me...

Joe got Chicken Parm that he ate only half of, saving it for dinner on Monday....


Joey and I both got the Chicken Alfredo....


Joey ate all of his but with all those grilled chicken strips, I only ate half of mine, saving it for dinner on Monday ....
 
They gave us 6 bread sticks of which Joe and I ate one each....
 

 Joey ate the rest but I saved one for dinner on Monday along with half of my Chicken and Gnocchi soup which was so good and could be a meal in itself!!!
 
 
 
I ordered salads for Joe and Joey, even though Joey does not eat a salad....


 
We did not even touch these so I will add cheese and lunch meat to them creating antipasto's which will be a 3rd dinner for Joe and I , after I medicate myself first due to my IBS and intolerance of veggies and fruits.....

 Joe and I will get 3 dinners out of all this food for $12 as we had the $50 Gift Card and it was $62.....

Definitely a good deal!!
 
Thanks, Jim and Danielle....


So far, I have shared my Memorial Day Front Porch...


 

A new Patriotic Star that I made....

 

 And how I decorated the front yard....

 

 


Click HERE if you missed it....

I also shared my Summer Patriotic Tree in the Living Room.....

 

 

 


 
Click HERE to see that post.....


So today, we will start with my faux window by the Tree......



3 of the signs are from Dollar Tree....



A wreath I made quite a few years ago.....




I made the 2 Patriotic plaques....




The Patriotic throw in the sofa came from one of the Veteran's organizations that Joe donates too....



Hanging on the window......

 
Another Dollar Tree sign.....



Over on the 3 tiered vintage table.....


Is a beautiful hand crafted card from my face book friend Angela.....


 
 





Stunning, isn't it???

Look at the envelope that it came in....


I have this displayed in another area in the Living Room....

And that brings us to the top of the TV Entertainment Center, which I like to decorate as a Mantel......


I decorated the "mantel" in the theme of "Celebrating our Country's Birthday".....


Once again, I used this runner....
 
 



We will start on the left side....


An Avon Martha Washington Fostoria cobalt blue goblet bought for 99 cents at Salvation Army many years ago............


 
 
 I do have a few Liberty Blue plates so I used them in this display...
 


"The Benjamin Franklin Federal Savings bank, established in 1925, commissioned the Enoch Wedgwood Company to make special dinnerware to commemorate their 50 year anniversary. The result was Liberty Blue, made exclusively for the bank between 1975 & 1976."
 
This is the mark on the dinner plate.....


A Bust of George Washington....



These Patriotic Carolers were bought at The Christmas Tree Shop several years back....


The adult Carolers were $3.99 and the children were $2.99....


In the center is my second Patriotic Tree.......


It is a 2 foot white Tree decorated with red and blue ornaments.....


I topped it off with a bow made from Patriotic ribbon....


At the base of the Tree.....


A "God Bless America" Sign.....


In front of it is an Avon Betsy Ross cologne decanter.......
 

I strung a set of lights in front....



I hung a Dollar Tree sign in the center.....


I just love those Patriotic Carolers.....

On the right side...


In the back is an Avon Fostoria cobalt blue George Washington goblet....



More Carolers.....


More Liberty Blue pieces....


And a Bust of Thomas Jefferson....




I taped flags to the candles which are battery operated.....
 


On the floor in front of the TV Entertainment Center.....


New this year.....
 

 
A Patriotic floral arrangement.....

 
"As American as Apple Pie"


One of my Bears with a slice of pie....





And this is where I will leave off for today.....
 
In my next post on FRIDAY, I will be sharing the flowers that I planted in the back yard and on the Patio....

 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 




So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY......  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY

  Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!



9 comments:

  1. Everything is looking very patriotic. We celebrate Canada Day on July 1st up here. We have very poor air quality from the fires and it really smells like smoke, so not spending much time outside in the garden. It must be terrible living right in the fire zone. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved spending time with you here today and enjoying all your patriotic decorations! I was here to spot your roos, haha we will both be chuckling about this cultural exchange for a while!!
    Have a lovely day
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so much fun to see the way you decorate for all the different seasons and holidays. You could definitely teach a class on how to decorate trees! They're always so fun and festive! Hope your week has been a special one, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty trees and wreaths!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 115. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love all your seasonal decor Debbie and your patriotic decor does not disappoint. I love all the red & blue transferware and the plaques you created are fabulous. I love the white tree on the mantel too. So many fabulous details to mention them all. Thank you fro all the eye candy. Have a fabulous day. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 153 for Summer Crafts and Décor! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have so many beautiful decor pieces for the July 4th holiday Debbie. The trees look beautiful! What a lovely card from your friend. I know some people who make cards, I think they are more like works of art than cards. I keep them all, but so many folks throw them away. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 116!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Debbie, your displays are amazing. And your food, oh my, you made me hungry. LOL.
    I appreciate you sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...