I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, June 19, 2023

Patriotic "Treats" in the Living Room, 2023







 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
I am now posting TWICE  a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY and FRIDAY!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 Happy Father's Day !!!
 
 
 
I think of my Dad every single day and not just on Father's Day......


I carry him with me in my heart....
 
We celebrated the day with our family of 5 and grand pups with pizza, boneless chicken bites, cake and ice cream......
 
Joe was gifted this shirt from our son Jim, DIL Danielle and the grand pups....
 



 Along with lottery tickets and gift cards for Olive Garden, Big Lots and a Visa one from the kids!!

 It was a great day.....
 
Sorry I did not get to take pictures but we got to see 2 pictures that filled our hearts with joy and love....
 
Stay tuned about that one... 


Also Happy Juneteenth!!!


I am so happy that this day is now being recognized for the National Holiday that it should be....

This is a day that I, personally, was not taught about in school...

It was such a dark and horrific time in our Nation's History'''
 
 We still suffer from equality and inclusion issues in this country and it seems that it has gotten worse in the last several year since the 2016 Election....

These are serious issues, that we as Citizens, need to correct and do much better at.....



In my last post, I shared Part 2 of my Colorful Summer Patio.....
 
 

 

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 
 I want to Thank to Marsha, over at Marsha in the Middle, and Michelle, over at My Bijou Life, for choosing my post, Feeling More Alive at 65 and SHINING!, as one of their Favorites from last week's Traffic Jam Weekend Link Party!!!!
 

 Thanks so much, Marsha and Michelle!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this lovely party.....

 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
Even though we had off and on showers on Flag Day, I did put out a few flags to celebrate the day....






As I mentioned before, I am keeping up most of my Patriotic decorations on the Front Porch until after July 4th....


This was taken on Sunday when going to church in the morning....

 
 I am wearing one of the tops that I recently bought on Clearance in Penney's....
 

 


Today I will be sharing the rest of the Living Room decorated for the Summer Patriotic Holidays....

We will start at the front door....


I hung a plaque that I made over a tinsel wreath from Dollar Tree.....


And hung an angel ornament at the top .....


On the stairs......

 

 I bought this in Michael's a few years ago....

 

 I decorated the lanterns with flags and a bow made from 2 different Patriotic ribbons.....

 

 I taped flags to the candles inside the lanterns.....

 I made this angel a few years back......

 

 

A Patriotic Toy Soldier bought at a yard sale.....



On the other side....



I bought this sweet Patriotic Lady made from a broom at an Estate sale....


This year, I changed out a solid red bow for one made from Patriotic ribbon....


A Dollar Tree sign...



In a previous post, I shared a beautiful card made for me by my Face Book Friend Angela....



This is the stunning handcrafted envelope that it came in....



 
It is too pretty not to display....



This is a bottle that was in my late neighbor Elly's collection that I added a small set of fairy light to.....

 
I will have to check out Ocean State Job Lot to see if they have any cork top fairy light sets left over from Christmas as I did buy one for a Reindeer Feed bottle I made.....

 
 It is hard to see but George Washington's face is on it...


 
In the corner by the stairs...



I like to decorate this chair for the different Holidays and Seasons.......


This is where the Patriotic "Treats" come in that I mentioned in the title of the post....


This year, I set up the display on this chair as if it was a Patriotic Dessert Picnic.....


I placed a Patriotic place mat down first over a book for elevation.....

On top of the book, I placed an arrangement I did in a Dollar Tree pot that I embellished with star and letter stickers spelling out America.... 
 


This year, I added 2 metal Patriotic rocket stakes that I recently bought in J.C. Penney's...



I also added 2 Patriotic cup cake dishes, that I bought many years ago at the Christmas Tree Shop, along with a white star tea light holder....
 
 
 
I removed the truck from a Dollar Tree lawn stake....



The amazing plate of Patriotic "Treats" was gifted to me by my extremely talented Face Book friend Angela......


These are all hand crafted!!!



More star tea light holders flank each side.....



Next to the chair is my 3rd Patriotic Tree....



I decorated my LED lighted branch Tree with red, blue and silver ornaments.....








At the base of the Tree, I continued the Patriotic Picnic theme.....

 
 
 
 I placed a Dollar Tree tinsel star against the base of the Tree......


Along with this stunning Patriotic parfait made by my friend Angela.....


 The beautiful card and envelope I showed previously accompanied these charming patriotic hand crafted "Treats" that Angela gifted me!!!
 
I thought this was the perfect place to display my beautiful lighted Mother's Day plaque gifted to me by my son Jim and DIL Danielle.....


On the other side of it is another Patriotic cupcake dish....


 
 I also added a beaded necklace from Dollar Tree to add a bit of bling....
 

 
 
 
 

This year, I decided to top off the curio with a Dollar Tree Patriotic hat and replace a mirror hanging on the wall with a plate that I bought a long time ago in Salvation Army for a mere 99 cents!!!




 
I also did a bit of decorating in the hall....
 
 
 

Sorry but it is a narrow hallway which does not facilitate the taking of pictures!!



I replaced a picture hanging on top of the mirror with a framed Thomas Kinkade picture that I took from a calendar....


It is titled "Flags over the Capital"



Hanging on the mirror.....


Is a wreath that I made....





A Dollar Tree sign.....


And a Patriotic tinsel hat that I embellished with vintage style cards.....




I hoped you enjoyed seeing how I decorated the Living Room this year for the Patriotic Summer Holidays.....


 

 

 



Next, I shared how I decorated the top of the TV Entertainment Center in the theme of Celebrating Our Country's Birthday!!
 
 



My second Patriotic Tree....




Along with a few more Patriotic decorations in the Living Room.....









The Living Room will remain decorated like this until after the 4th of July Holiday and then I will change it over to my late Summer "Under the Sea" theme.....

In my next post on FRIDAY, I will be sharing my other house all decked out for the Summer patriotic Holidays....




Along with some Patriotic Crafting that I have been doing....





So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
 
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


12 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I wonder if that blue George Washington bottle is a Wheaton Glassworks bottle?? I'm partial to Wheaton glass, my grandfather was from South Jersey, and we vacation down in the area every year, and have been to Wheaton a number of times. Very cool if so.
    All the red, white and blue reminds me of my late in-laws; they were very patriotic. Brings back memories! MIL's favorite summer dessert was a flag cake: a white 9x13" cake with red and blue sprinkles baked in the batter, and Cool Whip icing with a blueberry starfield and strawberry stripes. Haven't had that in a minute, should make it for the Fourth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by!! You had me curious about the bottle so I did some research and it is a General George Washington Cobalt Blue Glass Bottle Flask that was made as a Lestoil promotion by Wheaton Glass company.....I am very familiar with the part of jersey as we used to vacation down in Wildwood every year when I was growing up until about 20 years ago....The cake sounds yummy!! I hope you are having a great week....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just look so healthy! You positively glow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have so much fun decorating for each holiday! I really love all the red, white, and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Debbie, your living room is decorated so beautifully for the patriotic holidays. You have such a keen eye for detail. I just adore your trees. Thank you for being an inspiration and for sharing your lovely home. It is always a joy to visit and I leave with ideas to use in my home. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very patriotic indeed! And you look just lovely in your new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again from this week's PS. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First Debbie, you look just like your mom! I have not seen a Joe Cool tee in so long, they used to be common. You have so many beautiful decorations, and that doll house? Oh my goodness, I love it all decked out for the holiday. Do you make your own bows? Love them! I love the treats you shared too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute treats, love the little tree. Thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 154 for All Things American and Patriotic. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, your patriotic treats in the living room look fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing these with Sweet Tea & Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the decor, especially the lanterns on the stairs! I'll be featuring your post on today's Crafty Creators. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is always something inspiring to see with your celebrations of each and every holiday throughout your home. I know how much work this can be, and yes, I know you love it, but still, thank you for sharing! Have a great week ahead, and come and visit SSPS next Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...