I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Strawberry , Coca Cola and Bees in the Kitchen for Mid Summer, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT!!
 
It seems like I have quite a bit that I want to share so for the next few weeks, I will be now posting
 3 TIMES A WEEK !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS
starting this week!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 Today, I am going to be sharing a few changes I made in the Kitchen after July 4th for the Mid Summer....
 
 
In my last post, I shared the other half of my Back Yard Cottage Garden and a few new Buys....

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

The grand pups are still with us but will be going home tomorrow evening so I haven't really did too many things this week....

I will be taking down and packing away the Patriotic decorations in the Living Room next week and will decorate it for Mid to Late Summer in my "Under the Sea" theme...

 

We used an Olive Garden gift card on Sunday that Joe received from our son Jim and DIL Danielle for Father's Day for dinner...

Joe and I were only able to eat half our dinners....

I had Chicken Tortelini Alfredo

 

I saved a garlic bread stick and had the other half of my dinner on Monday evening...

  May be an image of breadstick and pasta

 Joe had the 5 Cheese Ziti Al Forno

May be an image of pasta

 Joe ate his half and some of his salad on Monday as he did not eat any of it on Sunday...

Joey ate all of his Chicken Alfredo with a side of Fried Mozzarella which I did not take pictures off before he ate it all...

 We did not touch our salads and I suspect Joe will only eat half of his

 May be an image of text

 I love how Olive Garden packages up their food for Take Home...

The second salad was Joey's as he does not eat any veggies....

I saved his to have with my Chicken and Gnocchi soup which I had for dinner on Tuesday !!

May be an image of pasta

  We definitely get our money's worth out of these meals as it gives Joe and I at least 2 full meals!!

And a 3rd one for me!!


After Easter, I went with a Roos and Hens theme in the Kitchen...

I used red and white and yellow and white buffalo checked curtains and place mats...

And used a lot of my vintage Kitchen items to create  a Country Victorian Vintage Farmhouse vibe....

For Mid Summer, I changed things up a bit....

The red and white checked linens reminds me of Summer Picnics and Cook Outs especially for the Memorial Day and July 4th Holidays...

But now those Holidays are over so I felt it was time for a change....

Once again, as in the past, I did a Strawberry display on the desk of the Hutch...

I changed out the buffalo checked place mats for this quilted floral one....

Last year, I made this basket of Strawberries using styrofoam eggs to make the Strawberries...

On the left side of the desk area....

I placed the basket on top of a reproduction vintage styled Campbell's Preserves canister which is next to one of my late neighbor Elly's collection of vintage mashers....

I placed the lid inside the basket...


Did you know that Campbell's made Preserves before they started making soup????


We learned this after watching the History Channel's The Food that Made America's Episode on Campbell's Soup!

My son Joey and I love this show!!


I hung a vintage metal strawberry tray in the center...



On a vintage green fiestaware plate is a strawberry tea pot bought at The Christmas Tree Shop....


I bought the Lady Bug and Bumble Bee at Dollar General in the Spring....


I also have 2 of the Tea and Toast sets with the Strawberries on them matching the tea pot....


I placed cupcake ornaments inside the tea cups...


And faux desserts and one of the strawberries I made on the dishes....


In the center, in a green depression glass dish, is a cinnamon bun candle....



Over on the right side of the desk.....

 
I switched out the hobnail milk glass shade on this vintage lamp for one with yellow flowers on it....


 
 
 
 
2 more vintage mashers...

 
Before....
 
 

Now...





I only changed one thing underneath the desk...


I placed a faux apple in a strawberry bowl....

 
I guess I should make more strawberries out of some eggs for the dish!



 And hung this vintage styled Strawberry metal sign here on the side of the Hutch....
 



 I replaced the round tray with a Hen on it on this shelf'''''
 
 
 
 With a reproduction vintage Coca Cola Tray.....
 

I used to collect a lot of vintage style Coke items about 15 years ago as they were the only Kitchen items that were red at the time and worked well in my Kitchen....
 
 
 
 I donated them to our church flea market but I did keep this tray and one other item you will see a little later in this post....

I decided to change out the red and white buffalo checked valance here on my faux window ......


For one that I made from a table topper.....
 


I also put away the Hen pot holders from Dollar Tree, replacing the one I had hung here with this one, also bought at Dollar Tree.....



I cut this hand embroidered vintage topper in half to create 2 valances....


 
The design embroidered on it reminded me of strawberries.....






I also changed out the red and white buffalo checked place mat on the "window sill" for a red lace like one....



 
 
 



I made a few changes here over at the beverage center....


Dollar Tree changed the Sunflower design of the dishes and accessories that they are now offering...


I bought a set of 2 pot holders as I feel the new design looks more "Summery"


Compared to the old design which I think looks more "Fallsih"....

I use those with my Apple and Sunflower theme in the Kitchen in August and early September....
 


You can see the difference on the colors....

 
 

I kept this area pretty much the same except for adding a Bumble Bee place mat to match the other items I have in the collection from Dollar Tree....
 
 
 
 I replaced the red and white and yellow and white buffalo checked place mats...
 

I already had the Bumble Bee mugs and bowls from Dollar Tree in use here....




And that led me to doing a little "Bee" craft....


I bought these unfinished wood plaques awhile ago from Michael's.....


I painted one black....



 
I used some left over ribbon that I had.....
 
 
 
Along with red Bric a Brac trim and red and yellow ribbon flowers...
 
 
 
 I then used Scrabble letters that I had in my stash to spell out "Bee"!
 
 
 
 





And the last area I changed a bit is the counter bar...
 
Again, I replaced the checked runner and place mats... 
 
 
 
With this floral quilted runner that matches the place mat I used on the desk area of the Hutch....
 



And added another Bumble Bee place mat....



I covered the place mat with 2 acrylic chopping boards that I use when taking hot dishes out of the microwave to protect the counter top and the place mats....





I  also replaced the red and white checked cafe curtain.....
 
 
 
 With a strawberry one....




On the side of the counter bar....


I hung my vintage style Coca Cola picture that I bought at a yard sale for $5!


I love the Victorian Lady!!!


And more change...

I also replaced the checked valance here....
 
 
 
 With the other half of the topper that I made into a valance...
 



 I hope you enjoyed seeing the simple changes I made in the Kitchen for Mid Summer....
 
The Kitchen will stay this way until the first week of August when I will change over to an Apple and Sunflower theme for Late Summer and Early Fall....


In my next post on FRIDAY, I will be sharing my Front Porch Refresh that I did after July 4th.....


And 2 new outdoor rugs...



So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!!! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  THURSDAY
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


14 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is so pretty - Red and Yellow reminds me of my gramma's vintage kitchen and it is just so cheerful. And you have modernized it with all your creative touches!
    It's 45 minutes to pick at Olive Garden from my house. I do like their packaging, especially that they are microwavable. I think their chicken soup is the best thing every! We do get some food trucks here and our favorite does smoked meats. We order the platters which are meat and two sides and use our own buns to make sandwiches. I can get 6 sandwiches from each platter. The sides are more than generous and last at least 2 meals if not 3 and multiply that by the two meals we purchase and I don't have to cook for days! Which is nice in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, your kitchen is absolutely beautiful!!! You are a master putting displays together and your hutch is to die for!. I love the punch of yellows and reds throughout. Strawberries and bees are some of my favorites. I love how you tilted your strawberry pie plate on the hutch. I am going to have to do that with mine and I am going to make some adorable strawberries like yours. Thank you for always being an inspiration. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, love the strawberries! My kitchen is painted red and decorated in strawberry theme. I have those exact Joseph Campbell label reproductions, except mine are prints, not a tin. I got the three of them, oh, probably 25 years ago, most likely from a catalog though I don't remember which one anymore. Pretty sure I have the same pattern as the strawberry dish holding the apple, too, mine is a smooth round bowl.
    My late MIL once gave me some strawberries made out of English walnuts! She found them at a craft fair and I still have them all these years later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! Strawberries made out of walnuts!! How interesting!! I do wish I would have saved some of the things that I bought many years ago when I decided to do red in my Kitchen...Stay cool in this horrific heat!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Your "bees in the kitchen" title had me worried! I should have known! Those strawberries are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That strawberry station is just darling. I adore all those red accents. Big surprise! Haha!! I also couldn’t stop looking at all the delicious looking Italian food…and now I’m super hungry for the same. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Strawberry, Coca-Cola, and Bees in the Kitchen, Debbie. So pretty.
    Visiting today from Unlimited Linky 120 #18&19

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the strawberries and bees do make me think of summer! You have some really nice vintage looking Coke-Cola pieces,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the red--probably because I love strawberries. Visiting from Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I could not find a place to comment on your blog posts so I did so here...Take care!
      Hugs,
      Den

      Delete
  9. Love the bees, cocoa cola and the strawberries! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SSPS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me of PA and all those roadside stands with fresh strawberries! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy,
    Glad this post reminded you of Pa.Good memories, I hope!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I have a hard time finding your blog as your profile here does not link back to your blog...So I am responding here!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie! Your summer kitchen decor is darling and I LOVE your strawberry hack--so clever! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...