I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Late Summer "Under the Sea" Tree, Beach and Crafts, Coastal/Nautical Living Room, 2023.....


 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
 
 
In my last post, I shared my back yard Cottage Garden Mid Summer Update and some new lighting in the Garden....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

 In Late Summer, 2 weeks after July 4th, I decorate the Living Room in a Coastal Theme....

This is one of my favorite ways to decorate our Living Room as I use the same colors as the Living Room, peach and a lot of aqua.....

It brings back so many great memories of vacationing every year at the Jersey shore in Wildwood as a child and then the first 15 - 20  years that we were married.....

This year, I am calling it a Coastal/Nautical theme....

What is the difference???

Coastal means relating to, bordering on, or located near a coast....

Nautical means concerning sailors, ships and navigation; maritime.

You will see why I added Nautical at the end of this post...

This was the first Tree that I decorated in what I call an "Under the Sea" theme....


 This Tree has since bit the dust as it is hard to keep a white Tree clean....

Last week, I stripped down the Living Room Tree and packed away all the Patriotic decorations....

I took the red and clear acrylic Rose lights off the Tree.....

 
 I wrapped the aqua deco mesh garland around the Tree....


I also added a rope, that I took right out of my storage room, as garland around the Tree.....


 I then wrapped some netting around the Tree, draping it on top of the aqua deco mesh garland.....


Next I hung all the star fish ornaments on the Tree.......



I topped the Tree with florals that I bought in Dollar Tree that reminds me of Sea Weed.......

 
 
 I made a bow topper and streamers out of white and aqua deco mesh ribbon......
 
 I then started to add more ornaments....




Let me tell you about the reason why I decided to decorate this Tree in a Coastal/Nautical Theme in the first place....

Back in 2017, I got the idea to do so because of these shells......

 
My late neighbor Elly lived in Miami during the Winter months before her 2nd husband passed away....
 
 She had quite a collection of shells that she had picked on Miami Beach and cleaned and separated into containers by size......

Her sons were going to throw them all out......

I could not let all her hard work go to waste so I took them.....
 
 And I decided to make a few ornaments out of them......


 

 

 

I also ordered wooden anchors on Amazon and made them into these ornaments....

 
 
 
 


I ordered more wooden cut outs, this time sea horses and made more ornaments along with others I had at home....


 
 
 
 
I also bought a few more ornaments on Clearance after Christmas over the years in this theme.....
 
These I bought in Boscov's.....


These is Walmart....


These in Bon Ton....


I bought these wood cuts at Dollar Tree in the early Spring this year.....
 
 

I used only these 2 on the Tree I am sharing today so I will save showing you the other ones until my next post....


You can see I painted them and added a scatter star fish ( from Dollar Tree) and shells to them.....

I also bought these at Dollar Tree...


I painted them and added a gem stone in the center along with pearls and sequins...


The other day, I decided to use some of the small shells that I still have left over and a few round glass ornaments.......

To make these...




And this is what the Tree looks like this year decorated with the new ornaments that I made......



Along with the other ones that I made over the years and bought....


I call this my "Under the Sea" Tree because it is decorated with items that you will find "Under the Sea", except for those 2 ship ornaments that I recently made.....


An Octopus graces the top of the Tree...



Sand dollars.....


Fish and shell ornaments.......





Sea Horses.....





Anchors are found under the sea....




Even a bottle that may hold a message....










 
Now, many decorate in a Coastal theme for Christmas so I hope that maybe I gave some of you that do so some new ideas for ornaments and other things to make for Christmas....


Most of those things that you would find "Under the Sea", usually wash up on the Beach.....



So of course I would set up a "Beach" underneath the Tree....
 
 

 
 
 I started with a plastic tablecloth from Dollar Tree that I cut to fit around the Tree....

 
 

 I set it up a little bit differently from last year so let's take a closer look.....

Over on the left side....


This year I decided to move this large hurricane like candle holder here on this side of the Tree....


I wrapped a piece of aqua ribbon around the battery operated candle and filled the bottom with shells.....


To add the height that I wanted, I placed it on an inverted gold pot.....


In front of the candle holder is something that I made last year.......


Wood Pilings at the Beach!!


 
 
 
 And covered it with anaglypta wall paper....


The neutral color of this collar fits in perfectly with this theme....
 
 
 
 This year, I added this brass tea pot or whatever you want to call it....
 
 
 The story behind this is that it was given to Joe's Paternal Grandmother, Ba Ba Barna, by her oldest son Joe's Uncle George....

He was in the Air Force for over 20+ years and bought it for his Mother when he was in India......

My sons loved this and called it a Genie in a Bottle so their Great Grandmother gave it to them....

Joey was ecstatic when he saw that I pulled it out of the cupboard and was going to use it!!

LOL!!!
 

Again, you might be lucky enough to find a "Genie in a Bottle" on the "Beach" who would grant you 3 Wishes but be careful what you wish for!!!
 
I bought this white fish in Big Lot's this past weekend at 40% off so it was a little over $4..... 


 
Perfect for the "Under the Sea" theme...


In the center of the "Beach".....

 
Joe bought a cover for my mail box that I have out in the front of the house to store gardening tools in and it was not the theme I wanted for out there.....

But it was perfect for this theme so it is now propped up against the tree collar in the center....


 
And of course, who lives "Under the Sea' but Mermaids!!!

 
Who supposedly have more fun as this Dollar Tree sign, that I embellished, says....
 
 

I bought the Mermaid in Big Lot's a few years ago....
 
 Flanking the mermaid on each side are 2 large shells that were also my late neighbor Elly's......
 

 
Several years ago, I did some "dabbling" and added shells and glitter, sequins and beads to them....



The "Beach" is strewn with shells, driftwood, rocks, star fish and coral.....

 
Things that would wash up on any "Beach"

 
That gorgeous aqua colored coral was gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie last year....

 
And of course, all roads lead to the Ocean.....
 
 I bought this sign this past weekend in Dollar General for 50% off at $2.00!!
 

 
 

The right side.....





Now you have to have a Lighthouse on the "Beach" guiding the ships in to shore, don't you?????



My friend Anne Marie also gifted me this lovely Sea Horse last year which I embellished....


Another large coral piece that belonged to Elly is to the right....


In front is, I think, a Buoy, that I bought in Dollar Tree in the Spring....


I did not have sea gulls so I have used Home Interiors doves in this display, placing one on top of the Buoy and if you recall, I also used them on the Wood Pilings that I crafted!!


To the right ....


I tucked a few tropical looking flowers into this boxwood ball....



And filled this aqua colored glass candle holder with shells and tied a bow around it made from Dollar Tree seahorse ribbon.....
 

 I hope you enjoyed seeing this year's "Under the Sea" Tree....
 

 
 And the "Beach" underneath it....
 

 
 
 
Next MONDAY, I will be finishing up my Tour of my Coastal/ Nautical Living Room for Late Summer....

Sharing a few new things here on my faux window.....
 

More Crafting...



And the area by the steps....

 May be an image of napkin ring and text that says 'T he Starfish Story walking gon hebeach morning that not starfish? starfish LIFE'S DANCE'
 
 No photo description available.
 
 But on FRIDAY, I will be sharing an area in the Living Room that I never decorated in this theme before....

The top of the TV Entertainment Center .....

May be an image of Christmas stocking, candle holder, grandfather clock, christmas tree and text
 
A new Tree that I decided to decorate this year....

 May be an image of christmas tree and gingerbread cookie
 
 More Crafting.....
 
 May be an image of fish hook, napkin ring and text

May be an image of text that says 'Đo Theives, R”n Rogues, Skulking Loafers or Tramps ವ0 Avast ye Scallywags No slap and tickle ye wenches Do banging ye tankards on the tables Do animals allowed in the kitchen Grappling hooks, cutlasses, stinkpots and blunderbus be handed to the taverner for safe keeping Bed for the night Doubloon Bed for ye dog Piece ofEight'
 
 May be an image of map and text
 
  May be an image of napkin ring, map and text
 
  May be an image of napkin ring
 
 And this new display on the floor in front of the Entertainment Center!!!....


 Yes!!
 
I did a Pirate thing and had a Blast doing so!!! 

AYE ME BUCKO!!!
 
So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!!! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  THURSDAY
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



9 comments:

  1. Perfect tree for the end of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's my kind of tree! So pretty. I grew up going to North Wildwood, to one of those little old-fashioned mom-and-pop motels. Sitting in the shade under the boardwalk because I was so fair and freckled, playing in the tide pools on the wide, wide beach, going to the Giant Slide in the warm summer nights and getting a Creamsicle afterwards. Always have a fondness for a beachy aqua because that old-style motel was white with aqua and lavender trim. Coded into my memories that that's the color of summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for sharing your memories of the jersey shore...I have wonderful memories of vacationing there yearly both as a child and later on as an adult...My sons also share those great memories...I hope you are staying cool in this heat...Take care!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Debbie, this is beautiful! So peaceful & Cozy.
    Visiting today from Encouraging Hearts & Home #41&42.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patio is blooming! And I love the naturical looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree and underneath it turned great. Really like the ornaments you made. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!! Glad you enjoyed the post!! Take Care!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Love the Coastal Tree! Everything in the yard is in bloom and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with SSPS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ornaments with the shells inside, that is so cute! The outdoor lighting is perfect. One of the most relaxing things to me is outdoor lighting on a beautiful summer night. The firefly solar lights are definitely on my list of things to get for my gardens. Thank you for linking up with Tell It To Me Tuesday, I hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...