I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A Few Patriotic Tablescapes and Gifts!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT!!
 
It seems like I have quite a bit that I want to share so for the next few weeks, I will be now posting
 3 TIMES A WEEK !!!
 
 I will be posting on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS
starting this week!!
  
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 Today I will be sharing a few Patriotic tablescapes that I have done in the past along with the gifts that I received from my friend Anne Marie, who came to visit on Sunday....
 
In my last post, I shared my July 4th Front Porch

 

 

 

 And an update on the flower bed I created by our Court's mailboxes....

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 I want to Thank the Garden Week Hosts, Angie, over at God's Growing Garden and Marci, over at Stone Cottage Adventures, for choosing my post, A Week of Garden Projects and a few Weird Smokey Day!!,as one of their features for Garden week from last month's You're the Star Blog Hop!!!

 
 
Thanks so much, Angie and Marci!!
 
Please stop by this party and the other party that Marci and Angie host, Tuesdays with a Twist, and link your posts up!!!!
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

I spent Sunday afternoon with my dear friend Anne Marie who came for a visit!!

It was so nice to see her and catch up on life in general...

And of course, she came bearing gifts...

 

She gifted me these Bunnies as she knew that I was looking to purchase more of these from Dollar Tree for Easter after I kept seeing all these pics on Pinterest of how others were "dressing" them up for Easter....

You know I will be looking at all those Pinterest pics again to see what I can do with them....

Also this sweet Easter sign!

And this lovely Patriotic "Book".....

And this is where I have it displayed....

I recently bought this Patriotic beaded garland at Dollar Tree....

You can see I draped it over the boxwood orb....

And I LOVE this charming rolling pin with a "B" on it!!!

I found the perfect place for it in the Kitchen....


I think it looks great here in this homage to baking display...

Anne Marie said that when she saw this, she thought it is "So Debbie"....

And she is so very right!!


Home is my Happy Place and there is nowhere else I would rather be in the World!!

It goes well in my Den....


In my corner where I watch TV....


Where I can see it and smile!!


Thanks so much, Anne Marie!!!


I love everything!!

And I can't wait until we get together again, my dear friend!!!


Since we are now into July, I also wanted to show you my Cynthia Hart Calendar, which Anne Marie gifted me for Christmas....


I love the vintage graphics for each month and July did not disappoint!!




This hangs on the door of the Pantry Closet in the Den.....


I hope you all had a wonderful July 4th Holiday!!


Ironically, we ended up celebrating it like we did last year....

With me delivering Debbie Door Dash to my son Jim and DIL Danielle, who live right down the road ....

 
Last year, they both had Covid, which Joe, Joey and I ended up with afterward....

 
This year, they worked  ( they work the 3am to 12 noon shift at Target) 5 days in a row including yesterday, on the 4th.....
 
 And with Danielle feeling a bit under the weather, instead of packing up the pups and coming here, I packed up food for them and Joe and Joey delivered it so they could stay home and Danielle could rest.....

Hot Dogs and Cheeseburgers...
 

 
Mac N Cheese....

 
Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad.....

 
Corn on the Cob from the Amish Farmer who sets up a Farm Market in the Mall by us every Friday....

 
I even sent Onions and Tomatoes for the hot dogs and burgers!!

 The only thing I did not send was the Ice Cream we had for dessert...

We will have the Grand Pups for a week starting on Friday as Jim and Danielle will be on vacation with Danielle's family at Disneyland in California....

So I will be working on a bunch of posts to have them ready and up 3 times a week and stay on schedule....

So since it was just the 3 of us ( Joey) for our traditional July 4th "Cook In", I just kept the simple Patriotic tablescape that I have had on the Dining Room table for a while now...



 I chose a Patriotic tablecloth with bikes in the pattern........

For the Summer Holidays when I host a "Cook In", I usually just do paper plates...


Sam's Club usually has these nice Patriotic plates and we love the oval shape because like my son Joey always says " More room for all the food"!

I used my Ruby Red Depression Glass tumblers and red flatware....


I used  paper place mats that Joe bought a few years ago ....


They came in a book!

With 4 different patterns....



 
 
 I chose this one this time around....

 
 You may recognize it as I also used a few sheets as the back drop for the top shelf in the Den China Cupboard display....

 
 
 
 For the centerpiece....

 

I started with this side of a reversible place mat....


I placed a gold cake pedestal on it and then added the Patriotic Hat, that I made recently, on top of it.....



I simply placed 2 candles on each side and a brass Eagle, that belonged to my late neighbor Elly, in front of a plain white napkin holder....




And that is it...

 
Just a simple tablescape for the 4th this year...

 
 

 
Since I really did not get to "Play" this year creating a few Patriotic Tablescapes, I thought I would take you on a trip down Memory Lane and share some of my past Patriotic tablescapes....
 
 This was a Patriotic tablescape that I did for our church's Harvest Tea many years ago....
 


 
These are the favors I made for my guests....


 
 
 I will be hosting a table again this year at the Harvest Tea and I am looking forward to it!!

I already have everything for my "Theme"....

 
 
A Patriotic tablescape with transferware






And of course, Joe had to get in on the picture taking....


 
Family Celebration



Love those paper plates from Sam's Club!


 An Angel in the center of the table to remember all who gave their lives for our Country...





 
Family Celebration


 I used the fireworks paper place mats....

 
 Not much in the center because like Joey says "You have to have room for all the food!"

 
 
 
This year, I "played" and created 2 tablescapes for a blog post!
 
 Patriotic "Sweet Treat" Tablescape





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 "Hats off to America Tablescape"

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Family Celebration
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Family Celebration
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I did this tablescape for a blog post....
 
July 4th Tablescape
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 And this past Memorial Day...

 
Family Celebration
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I hope you enjoyed seeing the gifts that my friend Anne Marie gifted me and our trip down Memory Lane looking back at my Patriotic tablescapes....

In my next post on FRIDAY, I will finally be sharing my Cottage Garden Back Yard....
 





 So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  THURSDAY
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


9 comments:

  1. Are you sure that you and Anne Marie aren't the same person???? You just think and create so similarly! I love the treasures she brought you and amazingly how they all had a home waiting for them! Your tables are all so festive. This year one of my adult children's family hosted on the fourth. All I had to do was show up with macaroni salad and deviled eggs and my favorite lawn chair (sturdy with great arms for lifting me up). Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie - I'm always fascinated by how patriotic Americans are - we just don't do that in Australia in any shape or form. It was interesting seeing all your red, white and blue decorations and table settings - and lovely of you to send all the food when when the family couldn't visit - that's true care. Your back garden is looking pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a better Dollar Tree than we do! Love those bunnies. You are at the max of patriotic tables! So many very pretty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bunnies are darling! Nothing better than a friend who looks out for your Dollar Tree treasures!! Love the Debbie's Door Dash! Adorable!! Have a great week and Happy Belated 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that bicycle tablecloth. Sure do miss the Amish farmers that were down the winding roads when we lived in Topton, PA for 7 years. Ever heard of that little village? LOL. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy,
    I just looked up where Topton is and I see that it is only about 1 1/2 hour's drive from where we live...It is not far from Allentown and Bethlehem...The Amish Farmer sets up in the parking lot of the Mall by us and is from central Pa. in the Milton area....He has a driver for the huge truck that brings him here every Friday. His wife also owns a bakery so they sell her baked goods...He does an amazing business here...
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, festive as always! Debbie, thanks for sharing with SSPS, and I sure hope you can come back again next Monday! Have a great week ahead, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure do have a sweet friend in Anne Marie, Debbie! So many lovely additions to your home, and the perfect placements. Love the calendar. Your dining room table sure is festive, it looks great. I cannot say I was as festive here. The bicycle tablecloth is adorable! Hope you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie - You definitely know how to make a holiday festive! I love the colors and happiness in your decor. Thank you for sharing your post with the Home Imagined Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...