I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Early Fall Front Porch and Yard, 2021







  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  

Today, I will be sharing how I decorated the Front Porch and Yard for Fall......
 
 
 But First, Thanks to Angie, over at God's Growing Garden, and Marci, over at Stone Cottage Adventures, who are the Garden Hosts that chose my post, Neighborhood Landscaping Projects, as one of their features for Garden Week from last Month's You Are the Star Blog Hop!!
 

Thanks so much, Angie and Marci!!
 
Please visit and link up to this charming Link Party!!! 

 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!

I hosted our Labor Day Celebration Dinner for our family of 5 as always....

I made Boneless Chicken Bites with Sweet Honey BBQ sauce.....
 

 
We had  Hot Dogs done on my Griller......



I made my own hamburg patties for Cheeseburgers, using my vintage Tupperware Hamburg Press!!!




Yes, it is vintage as I bought it at a friend's Tupperware party 2 years before we were married so it is 45 years old!!!

I also served Bob Evan's Mac N Cheese, Corn on the Cob , Watermelon for our son Jim who loves it and Ice Cream Cake for dessert as we are not really big dessert eaters......

I set a simple Table using paper plates at Joe's insistence as he is the one who washes the dishes.....







And of course, Faye is always the hit of any party!!







She does like her toys that Mimi and G Pop have for her at their house!!

In my last post, I shared how I decorated the Front Porch and Yard one last time this season for the Patriotic Holidays with Labor Day being the last one......

 

 

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post.......


I have been itching to say Good Bye to Summer and decorate for Fall so when Tuesday after Labor Day was predicted to be a nice sunny day with low humidity, I figured that was my chance to get the Front Porch and Yard done!!!

I started at 10 am that morning......

Moving everything off the porch, cleaned the furniture and packed away the Summer decor items.....


Took the rugs off so they could dry up before I packed the Summer one away.....


Joe brought the tubs up from our Storage Shed for the Summer things, took them back down ( 5 minutes down the road) and brought up the Fall Decor tubs.....


I swept the rug on the porch and moved the furniture back ......


And decorated the Porch and Yard for Fall until 4pm.......

Whew!!

I wanted to be finished by today, Wednesday, as yet more rain is predicted!!


Mission accomplished!!!!

I did make a few changes this year......

I will also be giving a Garden Update in this post as I try to hang on to my annuals in the front of the house as long as I can until the first frost which is why I go with an orange, red and yellow color theme in the Summer......

It makes it so much easier to transition to Fall......


I will say that I am very disappointed in my marigolds this year......


Usually by now they are the size of Mums but we realized that Joe bought mini marigolds so they never really grew big and have been plaqued by slugs and aphids this year with all the rain that we have had......

I added a Corn Stalk Stake from Dollar Tree to this one and I had thrown some seeds from last year's marigolds in the pots so hopefully, they will fill in and bloom a bit more before the frost gets them..........



You can see the impatiens did well.....



Since I no longer have the crazy neighbor on the side of me, I decided to hang my long Harvest sign between the front doors of our townhouses......

You may remember that I bought 2 rolls of red Truck ribbon from Dollar Tree this Season.....

I made bows out of it and another ribbon that I had in my stash to use outside in the front of the house.....

I added one bow to my Harvest sign that I bought in Gabes years ago.....

Beneath the Harvest sign is a wooden Leaf plaque....

My terra cotta Jack O Lantern that was a church Flea Market find many years ago!!

I  changed the bow that I had on this wreath I made for the front door with another one made from ribbon with the red trucks on it....

Last year, I added a red truck plaque in the center of the wreath.....

The "weeping" Mortar allows me to hang decorations on my brick wall......


I did arrange things a bit differently this year.....



I tucked a few Fall Florals into my vintage mail box......


And because Hockey Season is almost upon us, I have to keep Joe's Pittsburgh Penguins plaque out here.....


Since I hung the Harvest sign between my house and my neighbor's this year, I hung the welcome sign with the Scarecrows on it underneath the light fixture......

I tied another bow that I  made on to the light fixture and tucked a Fall floral swag behind it.....

I bought this sign at a church Flea Market.......

And this one, I bought many years ago at the Bloomsburg Fair in Pa.......

I usually set the Jack O Lantern that was bought in Wegman's some time ago on the table......

But this year, I decided to see if it fit in this crate that Joe had pulled out of our garbage dumpster.....

Perfect fit!!!!

I added some faux gourdes around it and I hope to put a coat of polyurethane on it soon......

Hanging underneath the flag is a rake that I made but re-did this year.....

This is how it originally looked.....

The Dollar Tree Leaf sign needed to be replaced after a few years out in the elements.....

So I removed it and added this metal green truck sign bought on Clearance 2 years ago in Dollar General for 90% off!!

My Early Fall Flag.......

The corner of the front porch where I added a big deco mesh bow and a set of orange LED lights to the Tree in the corner......

A Harvest metal sign and an early Fall Mail Box cover on my faux mail box.....


On the table in the corner......

Faux pumpkins and an Owl that I had bought to scare off squirrels whose eyes flash red lights when the sensor is turned on!!

I thought the Owl would be perfect for a bit of Halloween decor!!

I also switched out the pillows and chair cushions for Fall colored ones which are actually the ones I had before I bought the red ones I now use for the Summer!!

3 different types of Fall Leaf Garland and deco mesh woven through out it is wired onto the railing .....

Along with orange LED lights.....


Hanging in the center of the railing is a bunch of faux Indian Corn.....




 The marigolds in these pots look fuller because I threw some seeds from last year's marigolds in them earlier in the Summer and a few came up and bloomed!!


I added Fall Garden Stakes from Dollar Tree to the pots......



I kept the rusty bird bath in the center in front of the railing and placed another terra cotta Jack O Lantern inside of it......


 
You can see my 3 Jack O Lanterns in this picture.....


The pot at the other end of the porch.......

I am going to transplant 2 more marigolds that I grew from last year's seeds into this pot......

 
 You can see the other side of my faux mail box that we use for storage of garden tools and gloves.....
 
 
 
 
 
The flower bed under our Living Room window......

 
 I decided to move the wooden wheel barrow, that we bought from the Amish Farmer, from the back yard to this flower bed.....

 
 I wanted to use it to create a Fall vignette......

 
 Since the impatiens in those 2 pots on each side of the wheelbarrow are looking a bit waterlogged, I will be replacing them with Mums......

You can see how good the coleus is doing on the flower boxes along the side.....
 

I anchored the Fall Shovel to a shepherd's hook using zip ties......

 
For now, I bought a pot of marigolds from the back yard to fill the wheel barrow along with some faux pumpkins....


I will probably put a pot of Mums in it.......



More faux pumpkins that I have had for at least a decade are placed on each side of the wheel barrow.....





Looking down the sidewalk at our front yard......


Looking out from the front porch at the flower bed on top of the slope....


I love how the Sun was shining on the flower bed just before Sunset on Tuesday evening.....


A Fall mini flag........



This is the azalea that we cut way down on this side of the flower bed......


You can see how nice the center is filling in with new growth after looking dead!!!


And you can also see how well that azalea is doing after being cut back.....



It looks like a brand new plant!!!


Look how the Sun is "illuminating" the topiary I made out of tomato cages!!!!!



I took the pots of flowers off the park bench and placed them down on the ground on each side.....



I tied 2 big bows made from deco mesh on to the lantern.......


The topiary is lit at night with orange LED lights.....


A faux pumpkin and a Fall mini flag.....




These are a few pictures I took tonight with the Rain Storms moving in and how dark it got at 6 pm triggering the lights to come on......
 








 
 

 


I will revisit to the front of our house in a future post when I change out Annuals for Mums and live greenery for the upcoming Winter months .....

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated our front porch and yard for this Fall Season.....




And I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

 
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

21 comments:

  1. Gosh girl, you sure do work fast! Your porch has completely switched to fall and it is just lovely! I wish I lived across the street from you. I bet your neighbors really enjoy the view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great decorations, as always! How wonderful to finally welcome a new season.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. through out the seasons, you do have a fabulous decked out porch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Debbie!
    Your Labor Day celebration looks yummy! Do you cut the chicken up yourself and make the sauce? That hot dog grill is so cute and the vintage Tupperware really brings back memories! I had that hamburger set years ago, and would patty them out for the freezer.
    Your porch is so colorful and welcoming. You and Joe will enjoy sitting out there as the weather cools. 🍁🍂🎃
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Baker,
      Yes, I cut up the chicken breasts into small cubes and the sauce is just BBQ sauce mixed with a bit of Worcestershire sauce....Super easy!! Thanks so much for stopping by once again!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. Lots of fun colors here and what a monumental job to change all that and then store it all! Hoping to slowly morph into Fall, or at least late summer, before any jackos reach the porch. Still in the 80's here...hard to think Fall now. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love all these fabulous touches of Fall Debbie! All the pumpkins, pops of orange and the way you layered in all the vintage and garden elements too is totally fantastic. Seeing the way you celebrate each holiday and season makes me so excited for all the good things coming our way. Hugs, loved and pinned, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  7. See…Dad was right…you cut back the plant and it looks great now!

    Everything on your porch area looks so warm, inviting, and welcoming!

    xoxo,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina,
      Thanks so much for stopping by again!! Yes, my Dad was right and the azaleas are looking great but smaller!! LOL!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  8. We used to have that same hamburger maker growing up and I was so bummed when I went looking for mine just a couple years ago and couldn't find it. I am loving all the cute fall touches you have around the house. I have not been motivated to decorate for fall yet but am hopeful to get around to it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheery and colorful. Happy Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie. I love all of your decorating! Everything looks so great and I hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always so fun and festive. I need to look for leaf lights!
    I wanted to let you know The Fabulous Party is back. Come over and link up!
    http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-fabulous-party-back-with-twist-our.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have so many amazing fall decorations, and you're so ahead of me, I haven't even begun to decorate for fall yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie: Your autumn all looks so festive. I love the bright maple tree on your bench. I remember that hamburger press but have no idea what happened to mine..Hope you are enjoying the end of summer..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie, everything looks so festive,my favorites are the lamp post and love that you put flowers in the mailbox!it's crazy to think that the holidays are right around the corner. I hadn't given Tupper ware a thought until I seen it here. I can remember going to the parties with my grandma, they used to play all these fun games. Nice memories and a great product. Thanks for sharing and yell be safe. Lisa @ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I love this Debbie! I have been out of the loop for weeks now so I can see I have some catching up to do! Grabbing some coffee since I know I will be here awhile for sure! I am crazy about the topiary you made that lights up. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! The wheelbarrow with the pumpkins is so fun. Yes, I will definitely be here awhile! I have not even thought about my front porch yet but you have given me the push I needed to get busy. Thanks for brightening my day and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That wheelbarrow is darling. Those pumpkins look so real. I'd love to find some. It all looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are very together for fall already! And what a terrific wheelbarrow. I don't see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on getting your Fall porch done! You are an inspiration to others on just getting things done! Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...