I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Autumn Elegance Tree and Village in the Living Room, 2021

 





  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  

Sorry I am a day late again with this post but I was working in the Kitchen yesterday for about 7 hours....
 
 Today, I will be sharing my "Autumn Elegance" Tree in the Living Room, the "Pumpkin Patch" underneath it and my Harvest Village...........
 
 
 
But first, a few Personal Notes...
 

 I ventured out on Tuesday for my monthly trip out of the house to get my hair cut.....

I was glad to see that J.C. Penney's has mandated all of their employees to wear masks....


When I got home, we were having Dinner and there was a faint knock on the door....

My neighbor Caled's son , who just started First Grade at a Private Islamic Charter School not for from us, was standing there with a shopping bag almost as tall as he is!!!

He said " My Mom says you like to decorate so we got you this!"

You may remember that we landscaped the slope of the house that Caled owns and rents out that is between his home and ours.....

we still have to do the flower bed under the Living Room window but the mosquitoes are just awful here so I am waiting til it gets much cooler outside....

Back to what was in the bag......

These beauties!!!!


A set of 3 Owls that can be filled with sand and used in the yard or can be used inside.....




 I love  that they are all different!!

I think I may be keeping one inside to use for Halloween decorating......

I plan on spraying all the owls with a sealer first.......

Caled and his wife and their little girl were outside of their house so I thanked them profusely for my wonderful gift!!

I am BLESSED to have such kind and thoughtful neighbors !!!



In my last post, I shared how I decorated some vignettes in the Living Room in an "Autumn Elegance' Theme.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post....


In this post, I want to share my "Autumn Elegance" Tree for this year.....



I started out by adding orange LED lights to the Tree........

Beaded garland and orange deco mesh roping were also added.....

I tucked florals into the top of the Tree and a bow I made with 3 different ribbons.....


I have streamers of ribbon hanging down from the top of the Tree.....

Next, I added Leaf ornaments......


Next came some Owls......

Brown, copper and gold round ornaments......

Scare crows and pine cones.......

Squirrels......

A fox.....

Pumpkins.......

You may remember the Dollar Tree Acorn ornaments I painted.......

 
 
 
 

With the lights on.......




 After I took these pics as I have been trying to work on this post for several days, I realized I forgot something.....

I bought this in Dollar Tree with the thought of making them into ornaments.....


I cut them apart and embellished them a bit.....





 
 
I like to decorate under the Tree for every Holiday and Season as I keep the Tree on the platform year round......



 
I call it the"Pumpkin Patch"
 
 
I bought this handsome Gentleman at a church Flea Market a few years ago and embellished him a bit!!!

 
A lot of these pumpkins I bought on clearance post Season and also embellished them.....

 
The acorn that lights up was bought in Big Lot's.....

 
 
 
 
 I moved the red truck in from the Den where it was part of my Americana display....
 
 
 
 "Pumpkin" Bearington Bears are displayed inside and around the truck.....
 
 
 
 

Joe got this picture when a furniture store, that was damaged when a tornado hit the shopping center next to us,was giving everything left after their damage sale away for Free...


This is what it originally looked like....

 
 Next to the platform is an orange vase filled with Fall leaves and 2 different Led lighted branch bushes.....
 
 
 
 I bought the squirrel also at Big Lots.....


 
And that is this Season's "Pumpkin Patch"

 
And my "Autumn Elegance" Tree...



 
Let me sow you a view of this side of the room since we are over here....

 
Now it is ready for Fall to winter and the curtains , drapes and linens have all been changed over.....

 
 
 This is what it looked like decorated in my "Under the Sea" theme before the transformation to Fall.....




I hung the Dollar Tree signs that I embellished here on the faux window......


This is a wreath that I made many years ago.....


 I changed out the pillows for ones I made from place mats that matched the table linens.....

 
 The center one was a stamped cross stitch piece that i made into a pillow......

 
 
 
Over by the Dining Room.......

 
I changed out the throws to the red velvet looking ones .....

 
More gold pillows but these were bought at Target......


And another stamped cross stitch piece that I made into a pillow....

And over on the other chair......



 
The last thing I want to share in the Living Room is my Harvest Village......

 
 I set this up on top of the TV Entertainment Center.....
 
 
 
 I bought most of it at JoAnn Fabrics many years ago but later on, I found more houses in The Christmas Tree Shop that I bought to add to the Village.....

 
 
 I used to have a Halloween Village and an Easter Village that I also bought from JoAnn Fabrics but I have since passed them on to family members.....
 
 
 
 Let's take a closer look......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 This year, I did something different......
 
 
 
I decided to display this ribbon wreath that I made recently in the center, hanging on a wreath stand....
 
 
 
 
 
 I hung a "Happy Fall" sign in the center of it so you could not see the pole....

 
 
 



 
 



And there you have it!!

What the Living Room looks like decorated for Fall in an "Autumn Elegance" theme.....

I hope you enjoyed seeing the transformation from Summer......



To Fall.....



As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I have been working in the Kitchen....

Most of the Kitchen is now decorated for Fall but I decided this year to go full out and I decorated the Hutch and area around it for Halloween....

A sneak peek of what it looks like.....

Remember those Owls I got as a gift???

I LOVE them here on top of the Hutch!!!






 I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

21 comments:

  1. You have a celebration of fall! With the addition of your adorable new owls (what a thoughtful gift!), I am spotting the owls in your tree and around the room. I love the contrast of the late summer and now autumn in the same rooms. It really shows all the work and creativity that goes into your decor. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I love all of this fall warmth and beauty! You create such beautiful displays, and I love looking at all of the details. Thanks so much for sharing with us at TFT and allowing us into your festive home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful gift from your neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tree, Debbie! It looks amazing. I love what you did with the acorns. And how sweet, your neighbors are...but you were sweet to help them out. If you ask me, it sounds like you both have fabulous neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodie goodie goodness, the Harvest Village is just toooo good!
    You will see me taking my evening stroll in there. Walking up and down the little place, seeing the sites of the season,
    Jaw’n (as grandpa used to call it) to anyone that will listen 😌
    Enjoying the prettiness of of it all
    Blessings to you 💜
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie,
      So thrilled that you enjoyed seeing the Harvest Village!! I always felt it was so different than the Halloween Villages and Easter villages which I did have from JoAnn Fabrics...They were passed on to family members but I could not part with this Harvest Village and when I found more houses in The Christmas Tree Shop, i just had to have them too!! Thanks so much for your kind words and for always stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. That tree is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your photos and giving details of how you acquired and use your decorations, such a charming post.
    Happy Autumn! V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.,
      Glad you enjoyed this post! I enjoy sharing how to buy things cheaply and them improve upon them by embellishing them! Thanks for always dropping by and for your kind words!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. So pretty. Everything. I bet that room looks beautiful at night with that tree lit up. Loved the village. And always those lamp posts. Looking forward to seeing your kitchen. That was very nice of your neighbors. They obviously appreciated all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The room does look very cozy and warm in the evening with everything lit! I do love the warmth of the deep rick Fall colors! Thanks again for visiting and for your sweet comment!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. Your home is so autumnal. And the tree is just stunning. Well done, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must spend so much time decorating! I haven't even gotten the fall decor out yet. Where do you find time? Such a collection. Where do you store everything to?

    ReplyDelete
  10. More great decorations! I love the wise old owls.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've neve seen a Christmas tree decorated for autumn before but this looks lovely - so colourful with all the orange and rust colours! your home looks so cosy for autumn :) the owls were a sweet gift too, how thoughtful of your neighbours, they fit in so well with your current decorations!

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend :) We had a fun day at the playground yesterday.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet gift from your lovely and thoughtful neighbors. They are so cute and you'll enjoy fitting them out for Fall. I'm loving your wonderful Fall Elegance tree, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mew owls are cute and a perfect addition to your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, your home looks very festive for fall! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fall village is so cute! It was so sweet of your neighbors to get you those owls. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet gesture from the neighbors. They know you well. The tree is gorgeous as expected. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you decorate your tree for every season and holiday. It looks great! Your neighbor is so sweet to have given you those owls! There isn't that much good left in the world it seems at times, but then you hear something like that and remember that the good in the world still outweighs the bad. Right now we are just a little quieter, but I don't think that will last forever. Spray painting them black (or one) would look amazing in a Halloween vignette.

    I absolutely hate that you live in fear of leaving your home. My heart breaks for you. I don't know your story or why you have to fear this virus that most people don't have to. I am young, but disabled due to a serious neutrophil defect (my white blood cells don't fight off anything, bacteria, viruses, or fungi) so I understand. I've had to have all of my own teeth pulled because my body can't fight off it's own natural bacteria and keep it in check. That's the least drastic thing that's had to be done because of my illness if you can believe that. That's why I started my blog, hoping to monetize and contribute a little to my millions in medical bills (so far that hasn't happened, but I'm relying on the Lord). I am so blessed by God to have not even been exposed to it yet. My son goes to school, my husband to work, so God has had His protective hand on me. I have no fear at all, thanks to Him. My prayers are with you that you will no longer have to worry about fear and masks and all that other mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to clarify I'm not saying you shouldn't fear at all! I'm just sending prayers that you won't be overly stressed and that you have a healthy fear and prayers that this evil virus stays away from you and your beautiful family. We've been praying the same prayer for those of us in the high risk category in our church and my family and friends, so I just added you to the list. I hope that it didn't sound a way that I didn't mean because I'm in that category too. When I read your posts I'm usually like, "That's so me!" when you send your hubby out with lists! He'll usually come back with 8 different color burgundy paints and things like that because he wasn't sure which one I wanted, lol! When your hubby brought you all the fall signs and stuff from the dollar stores I laughed because my husband had just gone to Dollar Tree the night before and came home with $28 worth of Halloween this and that's!

      Delete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...