I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Autumn Elegance Vignettes and Hutch in the Living Room, 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 Today, I will finally be sharing some of my "Autumn Elegance" decorations in the Living Room......
 
 
 
But first a few Personal Notes...
 

In Joe's travels on Friday, I asked him to check if the Amish Farmer that comes to the Convenience Store down the road from us every Friday had any gourds.....

He came home with these......
 
 

$1.00 each!!!!

The Farmer said that some had broken stems which is why they were only $1.00......

As soon as I saw them, I knew what I was going to do with them......

Topiary!!!!!

They fit perfectly together........

It gave this side of the flower bed in front of our house just the little added bit of Fall it needed.......

They are also very heavy!!!!


Not bad for $3.00 total!!

Our son Joey treats us to Dinner every Friday evening and since Joe wanted to make a pizza for himself, it was the perfect opportunity for Joey and I to have Chinese!!

We both had Chicken Lo Mein without the vegetables....

Joey had the large portion.....

I had the smaller portion......

This is the pizza that Joe made for himself....

 
 
On Saturday, I was surprised with a package that came in the mail......
 
 Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, gifted me these beauties......

Bev knew I have a red Kitchen and she knew that these would be perfect for it.......

I just love them all but will you look at this darling piece......

So darn cute!!!


Thanks so much, Bev!!!!

I love them all!!!!


You may remember that in a previous post, I shared that I made this topiary by painting it with a Rust treatment.......


I mentioned that I still needed to add some leaf garland once I unpacked it after getting the Fall tubs down from the attic.....

In the mean time, I put it out on the front porch.......
 


I tried to match it up to the Jack O Lantern on the table.....

Didn't think I did too badly.......

Here it is with the garland that I knew I had added to it.....




In my last post, I shared my method of packing away my "normal" decor for the Holidays.....

I showed you that I pack them up in small boxes......

I marked on the boxes where the things inside are displayed......


Once the Fall tubs were emptied out, I put the boxes into the corresponding tubs....


 When I pack up the Fall decorations at the end of the Season, I remove these boxes and when I unpack the Christmas decorations, put these small boxes into those corresponding tubs.....



Makes it so much easier for me when decorating for each Holiday and Season.....
 
 
 
Since Tuesday, I have been transforming the Living Room from my late Summer "Under the Sea" theme to my "Autumn Elegance" theme for Fall.....

Tuesday, I cleaned and packed away all the "Under the Sea" decorations.....

Wednesday, I cleaned, polished furniture and changed out all the linens for my Fall/Winter ones.....

 
 
 
 
 
 
On Thursday, I took down all the Spring/Summer curtains and drapes, cleaned windows and mirrors and hung my Fall/Winter curtains and drapes......

 


 
 

On Friday, I started to decorate the room, doing the table vignettes and the hutch.....

On Saturday, I did the Harvest Village on top of the TV Entertainment Center and tweaked a few more things in the room......

Today, I will be sharing some of the vignettes in the Living Room.....

We will start at the Front Door....

When you walk in, this marble topped stand is to your right.....

You will see that I used a lot of Dollar Tree ceramic pumpkins that I bought a few years ago to decorate..........

To the left when you walk in, is the Hutch.......

There are 2 shelves on each side of the Hutch......

I changed things around a bit on these shelves, moving the gourd candleholders here from the Kitchen.....

The top of the Hutch......

I bought the plaques on Clearance 3 years ago in Dollar General and I placed Fall dishes behind them......

You may remember that I made these pumpkins out of thread stools.....

I decided to display them on the top of the Hutch.......

I did something a little different this year with the Harvest Village that I set up on the top of the TV Entertainment Center so I moved this Fall tree here to the Hutch......


I just added a few pumpkins, ornaments and gourd tea lights to the inside of the Hutch to give it a Fall look......

The shelf on the other side of the Hutch.....


On the stairs.......

I decorated the lanterns with Fall bows that I made and a few pumpkins inside.....

An Atumum Angel sits on the step between the lanterns.....

The other side of the stairs.....

You may remember that I bought this pumpkin at Dollar Tree......

I hung it behind this wreath that I made......


I bought this sign in Dollar General a few years ago at 90% off........


On the steps........

I did the arrangement in the tin pocket......

Toilet paper pumpkins that I made a long time ago.......


In the corner by the stairs........

I love to decorate this chair for the various Holidays and Seasons.....

I used some of the pumpkins that I embellished several years ago.....

 

Underneath the chair.....

Again, I made this not long ago out of Pringles cans.....

There it is next to the lantern that has an orange glass pumpkin inside of it.....

Next to the chair is my LED branch Tree....


 I decorated it with copper ornaments and gold and aqua leaf ornaments.....

The Tree is sitting in a galvanized tray filled with pumpkins that I embellished.....

 

Next to the Tree is a Curio......

On the side of the Curio, is the Topiary that I made from this.....

 

 

And now it looks like this!!!

Over by the divider between the Living Room and Dining Room is my Nostalgic Stereo system and table that we bought in an antique co op.......

The chubby holes on the stand......

A floral arrangement that I did in this flea market find......


Over on the other side of the Living Room/Dining Room divider is my large round table......
 
 




 
 



 
 
 

On the side of the TV Entertainment Center is my 3 tiered vintage table.....

An Autumn Tea for one set and an orange tea cup and saucer set that is heart shaped inside.....

The bottom shelves.....

Over on the other side of the TV Entertainment Center.......

A smaller round table.......

 
 


On Saturday, I set up the Harvest Village on top of the TV Entertainment Center......


Today, on Sunday, I decorated my Autumn Elegance Tree and underneath it......

I will be sharing both the Village and the Tree on Wednesday....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Autumn display throughout your home! You always inspire me with your creative decor. Thanks for sharing, xo,V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V,
      Thanks once again for your visit and kind words!! I do enjoy the way the house looks in Fall!!
      Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. The colors of autumn... you have captured them.all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely ready for fall and the colors are fabulous. Love those stacked pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Debbie!!! I'm always amazed at your beautiful decor but fall is my favorite. What a warm and cozy vibe you've created everywhere! Seeing your harvest village makes me miss mine. I let it go a few years ago. It was just too much so close to doing the Christmas village. But yours is beautiful so I feel like I can just pop over to your house to see it! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your topiary pumpkins this year! The colors of the gourds are fantastic - and only $1 each! What a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So easy to FALL in love with your decor❤️
    I love the way to throw your arms around each season and hug the dickens out of it❤️❤️❤️❤️
    I Love it
    Love it
    love it!
    Blessings to you
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie,
      LOL!! I sure do hug the dickens out of it!! LOL!! Thanks again for paying me a visit!! Hope you are enjoying some cooler Fall weather like we are finally starting to get here!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. ”Autumn Elegance” truly describes your beautiful living room! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina,
      Thanks for visiting even though you pretty much see most of this on FB!! LOL! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. Wow...a dollar?? I want to find some broken stems!! Beautiful topiary. You are totally fall-ified! I need to catch up. Quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the pops of orange, brown, yellow and red in your home Debbie! It looks so pretty and super festive too. I'm dying over the $1 pumpkins. They're such a fantastic color and are perfect stacked as a topiary too. I swear that same topiary in our area would have been at least $65 or moroe. Such a great deal and perfect way to celebrate the season! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the finds Debbie! I can't believe it's already late September! Happy Day! Laura in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful home and lovely decorations....I spy many of the same Dollar Tree items I use! Love your idea for storing decorations. Have a Fabulous Fall !

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many beautiful things to see, I am loving the hitch filled with interesting glass vases.
    Watch for a feature this week on #omhgww and please join us again this weeks party #278
    I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your pumpkin topiary and I can't believe they were only $1 each! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have so much Fall inspiration in your home, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at CYS. Congrats! You've been featured this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fall vignette and touches of autumn around your home look so wonderful! I love your stories that go along with every post. We get to take a little ride along with you while you decorate, craft, and (as my website motto is) DIY a life you love! Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade! Don't forget to come by and share on Traffic Jam Weekend also on LifeasaLEOWife.com (open now)! I want all of my crafty friends filling up that party so I have some home decor pieces to choose from for my features.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...