I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, September 5, 2026

Labor Day Front Porch & Early Fall Front Yard Update.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
 I feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I was.... 

I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
 

As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared How I did with my August Goals....
 
 

  

 And what my Monthly Goals for September are....

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

  

Thanks so much to Barb, over at French Ethereal, for choosing my Blog Post, Tea in the Garden Room and Tea Cup Collection, as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Link Party!! 

 

 

 Thanks so much, Barb!!

 

 Thanks once again to Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for choosing my Blog Post, Christmas in the Craft Room, 2026, as one of her features from last week's A Morning Cup of Joe link Party!!

 

Thanks again, Andrea!!

Please stop by and link up to these amazing parties!!


 

The Blogger format has fixed the issue with publishing comments on all Blogger Blogs so you can now comment on them!

 

 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts.... 
 
On THURSDAYS, I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
 
  
  
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any.... 
  

 
On MONDAYS, I will be featuring What I Have Bought or Been Gifted Recently, if anything... 
 
 
 
 
 It has been quite the week...
 
My upstairs toilet overflowed and is clogged...
 
Water is going down as I have tried the hot water and dish washing liquid trick but it takes about a half hour for half a bucket of the mixture...
 
At least I know it is a partial blockage..
 
My tried and trusted plumber retired so trying to find a plumber has been a treat...
 
A week later, it is still not fixed but I do have a friend coming to look at it on Tuesday to try to save me a $600 bill to unclog it and replace the workings in the tank!!!!
 
Yep!
 
$600!
 
To top it off, the toilet overflowed twice as I was trying to unclog it with the plunger...
 
I then had to rip up my peel N stick flooring as there was water underneath it...
 
It took me 2 days to remove the adhesive off the floor so whoever came to fix the toilet would not be leaving their shoes permanently behind in my bathroom!!
 
Did you hear me screaming????
 
To be continued....
 
 
Happy Labor Day weekend!! 
 
  
 
Today, I am sharing my Labor Day Front Porch....
 
With Labor Day being so late this year, I did think about going right into Fall and decorating the Porch accordingly but since I repainted a bunch of my outdoor Patriotic decor, I wanted to see how it all looks on the porch.....
 
I just did this this morning because our weather has been pretty horrific with dew points in the 70's, which is considered oppressive and tropical, even though the temps. have only been in the low 80's... 
 
I have been swollen up like a balloon because of the humidity..
 
Then the thunder storms came on 3 evenings!!! 
 
 Lots of damage and flooding but none here, thank goodness!
 
 Over 2 1/2 inches of rain on Day 2 of storms....
 

Then an additional inch of rain with hail on the 3rd night of storms!
 

3 1/2 inches of rain here in 2 days!!
 
Other areas in NEPA experienced 6-7 inches of rain!! 

 My back yard now looks like a jungle from the rain, heat and humidity!
 
 
 
This is how I decorated the Front Porch for Labor Day......
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 I wanted to put them out one last time to celebrate America 250..... 
 
 
 
  
 
 When taking down my Summer Front Porch decor, I decided to not only take it down but pack it up so when I take down the Patriotic decor, I can go right into decorating the Front Porch for Fall to save time.... 


So there are actually less items on the front porch right now....

 



The side of the Porch......


 I removed the Summer things I had here....


Placed this firecracker and a flag in this pot....




A red, white and blue bow on the clay pot lighthouse that I made.....


I never got around to painting this milk can like I wanted to....
 
 
Remember that all my flowers on the Porch are faux...
 

I took down the Summer bows I had on the garland around the door....



I hung 2 Patriotic signs in the upper corners.....
 


The wreath on the door looked like this before I painted the star.....
 
 
 
 And now...... 


  
 
 

 
 
 I took down all the Summer signs that I had hanging on the wall and packed them away.... 
 
 
 
 I also gave a fresh coat of red paint to most of these Patriotic signs.... 
 
 
  
 
 
  
 
 This is what the stars looked like before I freshened them up.....
 
 
 
See the difference..... 
 
 
 
  
 
 I decided to just use my Name sign here above the floral arrangement on the table....
 
 
 And hang the red cardinal below it as there are red cardinals on the sign.... 
 

 Again, I added 2 flags to the urn.....
 
 This is how the Welcome sign looked before.....
 

And now with a fresh coat of red paint.....


I also painted the star on this.....
 
 
 
 After I painted it.....
 
 
  
 
 
 I took up a summer rug I had between the chairs.... 
 
 
 
  
 
 All my Bee decor is now packed away til next year.... 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
   
 
 I used my Patriotic mail box cover on the mailbox that  holds garden tools.....
 
 

I took the Summer bows off the garland.....


I also refreshed this sign with red paint.....


And the stars.....




On the side of the Porch.....


Check out how nicely my coleus has grown.... 


Notice the shrubs???
 
 
  I had not trimmed the shrubs in my front flower bed under the Living Room window since last Spring!!
 
 This is how they looked on the Fourth of July!!
 
 
 
 A few weeks ago  when we got a little break from the heat, humidity and the rain, I decided to trim the bejesus out of them....
 
  
 
 The left one done!!


See the difference????


Both finished and the flower bed cleaned up 
 
 
 
 I did add some more mulch....
 
 
 
 So much better!! 
 
 
 
  And now for Labor Day.... 


 
 
I freshened up the flower yard stakes with red paint too.... 


See how nicely the impatiens and the coleus are in these 2 pots are doing....




The front flower bed on top of the slope in front of my house.....


I also trimmed the azaleas in this flower bed....



The impatiens here have also done well....
 


I trimmed this azalea.....
 

And also cleaned up the flower bed and weeded it....


A Patriotic mini flag....



The begonias also did well with all the rain.....
 

This azalea also got a trimming...




I added 2 flags to the pots on the bench....


Again, the flowers in these pots have done well....

 
The forsythia was out of control.....


I gave it a good hair cut too!!

 

I think in the Fall I may really cut it back because it is hard for me to keep trimmed at this height.....



 




And these are the last of the azaleas that I cut back.... 
 
 
 
  

I had also weeded and cut back some things in my next door neighbor's yard that I planted several years ago....
 

Those are asters and should bloom soon with purple flowers.... 
 
 
 
 Something gnawed mine in the back yard right down....
 
And that is how my Front Porch looks all decked out for Labor Day along with all the trimming and weeding that I did.....
 
Probably next Thursday will be when I will change it all over to Fall.... 
 
        
 I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY for my next post.....
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!! 
 
  And try to find JOY in every single day!
 

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 


1 comment:

  1. You have been busy with your red paint and pruning shears!! Looking good. Wow, your area got a lot of rain -- the humidity must be miserable. The real misery is the plumbing problem -- what a mess. Hope your friend can help you avoid a $600 bill. I needed a new faucet in the bathroom lavatory and a new garbage disposal -- one place gave me an estimate of $1,300. No way. My son has a friend who is a handyman -- he did the new faucet for $139 -- I bought a $99 garbage disposal at Home Depot and he installed it for free -- refused to take any money from me. Happy Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...