I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, June 3, 2024

Summer Front Yard, 2024


 

 

 

 


Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared our Memorial Day Celebration and a Few New Things.....

 

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

These are some new items that I used in the front yard this Summer....

I bought these solar lights in Big Lot's at 90% off



And this set of battery operated candles....


And these mini flags....


We will start where I left off in my post on how I decorated the Front Porch for Summer....


I shared this flower box on the side of the front porch planted with coleus....

 
 
 
 
To the right of the front porch is the small flower bed under the Living Room window.....


I moved these shepherd's hooks over to this flower bed this year and hung the tear drop shaped solar lights from them.....

 

I planted the pots in the flower bed with 4 marigolds....two yellow and two orange.....


 
My chippy Angel that I bought at Target many years ago....

 
Under the window is the wheel from an Amish Buggy that Joe bought off the Amish Farmer  along with a wood star also made by the Amish Farmer....
 
 
 
It lights up at night...



On the side of the flower bed on the retaining wall......





I once again, like last year, stacked smaller square pots on top of larger ones.....


I planted 4 impatiens, 2 red and 2 white in the corners of the larger square pots....


Last year the marigolds that I planted in the small pots got lost as the impatiens in the larger ones really took off and spread out so this year, I decided to try a coleus in the pot on top.....

I used the stand from a bird bath to place a round pot on.....
 


I planed 3 impatiens inside of it....
 





Morning Glories are twirling their way around the railing on the steps down to the townhouse on the side of me.........


The front flower bed.....


These pictures were taken when my rhododendron was in full bloom........

 
I can not remember the last time that there were so many blooms on it.....
 


 
The azaleas are also done blooming....

 
 
I planted 3 red begonias in this black urn.....




2 white impatiens are planted in the red vintage watering can.....


 
 
One of the mini flags bought for 90% off.....


The Golden Creeping Sedum is starting to bloom....

 
 I placed the set of Firefly Solar Lights that I bought in Ocean State Job Lot last year into white PVC piping to elevate them a bit higher.....
 
 
 

My Park Bench.....



2 white and 2 red impatiens in this pot.....


3 marigolds in this pot....


Funny how the saying on this heart now rings true even though it was bought last year.....



3 red begonias in this pot.....




Underneath the bench....


Paying homage to our Beloved Pets........



I trimmed the forsythia bush.....



The wind chimes that my nieces gifted to me.....


I placed the bowl of a bird bath on top of the rusted angel bird bath......
 

 
 The other Firefly Solar Light.....


 
The other mini flag.....
 

 
 

I planted 2 begonias in this pot that I placed inside of this red truck planter.....




I vowed not to spend as much on flowers as I usually did other years because it seemed that I spent all of last Summer watering them , trying to keep them from baking in the wicked heat and humidity that seems to be increasing each year here in Pa.!!

And with dew points most of last Summer registering Tropical, I spent most of the Summer in my air conditioned house looking out the window at my flowers...

I spent $44 on the flowers for the front porch and yard at a local greenhouse .....

These are the flowers that I had left over after I planted all my pots in the front of the house....


I used these and then bought these at Lowe's for $14 and panted them in the back yard and patio...


So my total this year for flowers was only $58 which is pale in comparison to the close to $200 that I spent last Summer....

I also want to share the view from my front porch on Sunday evening.....






God is definitely in the details.....

In my next post on THURSDAY, I will be sharing my back Patio and how I arranged things a bit differently out there this year....







So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY!!! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 




9 comments:

  1. That rhododendron is drop dead gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it. Loved your Big Lots finds, too! It all looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie, those precious little girls get cuter each day. The picture of them with the book is too cute!! The chippy angel looks like it is wrapped in aluminum foil -- must be the way the sun glints off it. Coleus and marigolds can always be counted on to give abundant flowers through the summer months -- lots of bang for the buck!! Hope each day without Joe gets easier for you -- so nice that your family is close. Take care. Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty,
      Thanks for visiting and for your kind comment....I am blessed to have my sons so close to me...
      Hugs
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous!! And those flowering bushes!!! You do have the prettiest yard in town. I love how all your accessories are just so perfect with the plantings. You did a wonderful job! And the sunset. . . . breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though you reduced the amount of annuals you usually buy, everything looks lovely, and when it all grows and fills in it will be lovely. I also cut way down on annuals this year. It is already feeling hot and humid today, so will probably get worse as we head into summer. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks again for visiting!! I needed to cut back on the annuals because it seems like it gets hotter with each Summer and I can barely keep them from baking in the heat...They do fill in nicely!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. I didn't get as many annuals as I usually do this year either; I have been having a hard time keeping them alive the past few years so I thought maybe I'd do better with a few less plants to water each day. Your front yard is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful inspiration! Thanks for sharing with us on the Homestead blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your front flower bed is so pretty this summer AND that gorgeous pink bush is the star of it hands down! hugs....

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...