I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, June 15, 2024

A Few New Buys & More Flowers, Saturday Snippets......

 

 


 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared some updated landscape projects that I did,,,

 

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

 

 I want to Thank Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for choosing my post, Memorial Day Celebration, as one of her features from last week's A Morning Cup of Joe Linky party....

 

 Thanks so much, Andrea!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!


 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

It was a year ago, on Father's Day, that we found out our DIL Danielle was pregnant with the Twins!!!

Never thinking that Joe would not be here with us this year.....


 And because of that "empty chair", we will not be celebrating Father's Day here like we always did....

It is still a bit raw for my sons especially Jim, who will be celebrating his first Father's Day this year....

Father's Day, June 16th, will be 2 months since Joe passed away...

I wish Jim a very Happy First Father's Day even though he has to work.....

 

 And Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!!

 

Well, once again, I am putting off sharing my Cottage Garden back yard til Monday as we got an inch of rain yesterday so I could not take the pictures that I wanted to....

So today, I am going to be sharing a few new things....

Including flowers...

Yes, I caved and bought a few more flowers as I got impatient waiting for the seeds that I planted to grow....

In my defense, I did get a late start with them....

I picked up a few more annuals at a local greenhouse.....

These were $15.90......

I could have filled the box with 48 plants for only $22 but I knew that I would have far too many flowers if I did that....

And I could have bought hanging pots that are now currently half price at a lot of local places but I am trying to cut back on the amount of pots I have thus cutting back on the amount of time I spend watering those flowers....

So my Total for Flowers this year is now up to $74 which is still better than the $200 I usually spend...

Let me show you where I planted the new flowers on the Patio.....

I planted 4 petunias in the aqua pot where I had planted marigold seeds......

If any marigolds decide to pop up, so be it.....

I also planted 4 petunias in the purple pot on the chair on the other side of the walkway.....

In the pot at the base of this chair, I planted one pink begonia and 3 marigolds in yellow and orange....


On the other side, I added a yellow marigold to the 2 zinnias that I had planted previously in the pot on the table.....

 
And again planted one pink begonia and 3 marigolds in the post in front of the table on the patio.....



And I added 2 more marigolds to the pot in this chair....



I also want to point out that I picked up 2 more sets of the Firefly Lights at Ocean State Job Lot, placing one in this pot.......


I used the other one from this set out in the back yard and which I  hope to show you on Monday.....

For Mother's Day, Ocean State Job Lot ran their special where you buy a $100 Gift Card and you received a $30 Crazy Deal Gift Card for Free.....

The sets of Firefly Lights, which are $19.99 on Amazon, are normally $9.99 a set but they were on sale for $7.99 so I got 2 sets....

I used the other set in the front of the house.....

I placed one here at the end of the flower bed......

I pounded a piece of rebar into the ground and slid a piece of PVC piping over it and simply placed the stake from the lights down into the PVC piping, causing the Firefly lights to be elevated....

I did the same thing and placed the other one at this end of the yard.....

So now I have a total of 4 of these Firefly lights in the front flower bed......

Before I added the other set of Firefly lights, I did give the azalea bushes a good trimming as they were getting a bit too tall and wide for my liking.....



The first azalea.....

 
The second one......



And the third and the fourth ones.....



I also bought this....


 
It is battery operated by use of a remote....

It was $19.99 but on sale for $14.99......

I used up the gift cards that I bought for Mother's Days for a few other household things....

When I shared the Patio in a previous post, I mentioned that I needed to find something to hang from this hook.....

I do like the way the light looks.....



And it doesn't obstruct the beautiful sign that my son Jim and DIL Danielle gifted me for Mother's Day.....

Ocean State Job Lot is currently running the same deal for Father's Day where if you buy a $100 Gift Card, you receive a $30 Crazy Deal Gift Card for Free...

So I bought another one........

You may remember that I used the Mother's Day gift cards to buy these blue chair pads for these chairs.....

 

 When I did this, I saw that they also had red ones.....

So again, I used the Crazy Deal Gift Card to purchase these red ones for the front porch.....

 

 I think they are a perfect match with the pillows that we bought at 90% off last year in Big Lots....



 
So now I can have 2 different looks on the front porch.....

I can use the pillows on either side.....



 This is how the chairs looked with the older chair pads on them and the pillows turned with the solid black side visible....
 
 
 
 
 
 It will be nice to change off...
 
 

 
I was able to use the regular Gift Card to buy these 10 bottles of craft paint at $1.00 a bottle....
 
 
 
By doing that, I received yet another Crazy Deal Gift Card for $10....

It was a buy 10 bottles for $10, receive a Crazy Deal Gift Card for $10!!
 
 I still have over $60 now left in Gift Cards which I am sure I will use in the future...
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my New Buys....

And hopefully, I will finally get to share my Cottage Garden back yard with you all on MONDAY in my next post!!!

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
 
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Deb. Love your pillow change ups for the porch. It is always nice to be able to make things a little different once in awhile. The littles are so cute reading their book. This will be a hard Sunday for you and your family but such joy for your son to celebrate his first Father's Day. Sometimes it is hard to figure out how and why life goes. Your new flowers are beautiful and your garden looks just lovely. I planted some zinnia seeds but so far they are not looking well. I do much better getting plants already started. Gardening is not my strong suite. xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Debbie -- I understand your need for immediate gratification in the yard -- I'm the same way -- hate to wait for seeds to sprout!! I did some typing for a friend and she gave me a Visa gift card which I used to buy a foxtail fern, two natal plums and a purple ornamental sweet potato vine. My husband called me the sweet potato queen -- mine always seem to grow so beautifully!! It is nice to have the reversible pillows for a change of scene -- very pretty. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet words!! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!! I hope you are having a good week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Those chair cushions are great! I wish we had that store chain near us! I love the pink and yellow flowers together. Each accents the other. Your back patio looks great! (hugs) on Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of red colour on your chair cushions. The pendant light is great, and you got lots of fantastic deals and those solar lights look great. Have a good weekend, even though it will be tough on the first Father's Day without Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!! I hope you are staying cool as we are in a heat wave that is predicted to last 6 days at least...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Love your new chair cushions, Deb. Your patio and gardens look amazing. Sending you warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colors you have added to your garden areas...when things arent' in bloom, it's always great to have something interesting to draw one's interest here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some lovely new buys; I cut back a bit on hanging plants and things too so I only have to water in a few key spots and I've tried to make it a habit to do so every night just before getting dinner started-- so I won't forget! I can be such a neglectful plant owner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I love your new flowers and that pendant light is great! I know the first Father's Day without Joe was difficult--keeping you in my prayers. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...