I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Summer Front Porch, 2024

 

 


 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated my Front Porch and Yard for the Memorial Day Holiday weekend....


 


 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

 

I want to Thank to Maria, over at the Krafty Planner, for choosing my post, A Celebration of Joe's Life, as one of her features from last week's Senior Salon Pit Stop Linky Party!!!

 


Thanks so much, Maria!!!

 

 I want to Thank Bev. over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, A Celebration of Joe's Life, as one of her features from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop!!  

 

 Thanks again, Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties....


 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 I am finally caught up with everything that I normally have done by this time of the year....

The Living Room is decorated for the Patriotic Summer Holidays.....
 
 
 


  The Dining Room is decorated in a Tea Room theme....
 


 
 And the Kitchen is decorated in a Hens, Roos and Bees theme for the early Summer.....
 



 
And the back patio and my cottage garden back yard is also ready for the Summer....
 

 
 
 

 


 

AMEN!!!
 
It was something that I needed to do, creating a sense of normalcy, which I was badly in need of.....

Doing what I love to do keeps me busy and stops my mind from wandering to a sad place....
 
I will be sharing everything in future posts.....



In today's post, I will be sharing how I decorated the Front Porch for the Summer, including a few new things....
 
 
Like this set of candles that are remote controlled and you can change the colors of them.... 
 
 
 
 This sign.....

 
These 2 pillows which can be used displaying either side...



And this set of solar lights....

 
 
 Joe would be happy that I am using what we bought...

 
 I did weed out of few older things, taking them to Salvation Army...

 
But not too much as I did donate some things to Salvation Army in the Fall when I packed everything away....

 
 I am proud of myself in that I did haul all the tubs up from our storage shed and I managed fairly well........
 

 
Once again, I stuck with mainly a red, yellow and orange color theme.....

 
 I also used black as it goes well with the shutters, the front door and the other things that are painted black like the porch railing, front porch light and the lantern.....


 
 
 
 
 The left side of the porch.....
 
 
 
 
 
I planted this pot with 3 marigolds in yellow and orange....
 
 
 
 
 
 The lighthouse that I made from clay pots....
 
 
 
The ceramic frogs were my late neighbor Elly's.....
 
 
 
 
  A vintage mailbox filled with faux flowers....
 
 
 
 One of the new candles is inside of this lantern and comes on by timer....


I made the bows last year....

 
 
 
 
 
I made the wreath a few years ago but added the Bees to it last year.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I love that I can hang signs on the front of our townhouse because of the weeping mortar.....
 
 
 
 This was a Valentine's sign that I painted and added bees to a few years ago.....
 
 
 
 
 
  I bought the Lady Bug metal wreath at Hobby Lobby last year for 90% off....
 
 
 
This sign was one of the items I bought for 90% off at Big Lot's last year.....
 
 
 
 
 



I decided to use the solid black side of the pillow, another 90% off buy......


I think it looks nice with the black and white striped rug we bought last year.....


 
 
 I decided to layer this smaller rug on top of the larger one this year.....
 

 
 
 
 

Using this lantern as a vase with faux leaves inside of it.....


This heart was also 90% off in Big Lot's last year.....





 In the corner of the porch......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I added a bow and roses to the tree in the corner.....
 
 
 I painted this sign over several years ago.....
 
 
Another candle that comes on by timer is inside this red lantern.....

 
 
 Fairies on the table.....
 
 
 
 I planted one impatien in this small pot.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 And 2 impatiens in this pot.....
 
 
 

When I decorated the Front Porch for Memorial Day, I added this set of solar lights to the railing......




I bought these small rectangular planters at Dollar Tree last year....



They fit perfectly in front of the railing of the porch.....


I planted 3 marigolds in each of them.....



2 orange and one yellow....
 
I have had this for many years.....


" Angels Gather Here"


 
 
 
 

On the right side of the front porch......


Is a mail box that I bought at the estate sale of a florist.....


I keep garden tools and gloves inside of it....


On the porch, in front of the side railing, I planted 4 coleus inside of this long flower box.....




 I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated my front porch for the Summer months and what I planted in the way of annuals....

I will be sharing the front yard on MONDAY.....
 
 
I will begin doing Saturday Snippets posts this SATURDAY like I did prior to Joe's passing....

I will be sharing our Memorial Day Celebration....






So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


5 comments:

  1. That black and white rug with the hot pink cushions (or are they red? Look pink to me!) -- fabulous! What a wonderful way to welcome guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your colorful porch decor, Deb. It's so festive. I also love your kitchen shutters. How charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inviting! Love the colors you picked. I love the battery candles too. I have them everywhere. I also have solar lights outside. Continued prayers for you and your family! I am so glad you will be posting again! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I have some of those black and white striped rugs myself. I think they look like I am inviting Kathrine Hepburn to a pool party. Vintage looking, but very cool. You did a wonderful job decorating your whole house for the summer season. i can't wait to see every room. And those granddaughters at Memorial Day. They just get cuter every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a pretty good price for your plants. Nice to see your plants are potted and growing nicely. I like your hanging solor lights. I tried handing one on a plant handing.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...