I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, May 6, 2024

Spring Front Yard ,2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!! 


UPDATE!!

 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared some gifts, yard work and an amazing Sunset....


 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

I want to sincerely Thank Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for choosing my post, One Day at A Time,  as one of her features from last week's A Morning Cup of Joe Link Party!! 

 Her very kind and encouraging words touched my Heart!! 


  "I feel so badly that I did not see this post till now. Our dear friend Debbie (Dabble) a long time member of the Morning Joe Family lost her husband. I want to send my families love to her and her family and we are so sorry for your loss. Debbie is a pretty amazing person as you will see when you read this post. She extracts the good and emphasizes it. You can tell her heart belonged to Joe. I am so happy that you got to spend some retirement years with him and have wonderful memories! Sounds like Joe was one in a million as you will see. I am sure those adorable little twins will hear amazing tales about their Pop Pop. I am sitting here in tears but I know that Joe flies high with spread wings looking over his whole family forever and a day! Debbie… we love you and your open and giving heart. Joe will always be by your side." 

  THANKS SO MUCH, ANDREA!!!

 Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!


Again.....
 
I want to THANK ALL OF YOU who emailed me, messaged me on FB, send cards of condolences and lifted me up in your prayers and supported me with your positive vibes and well wishes in the wake of Joe's passing!!!!
 
 

It has meant so much to me and to my family......

  THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
 
 


 I just wanted to share that my son Joey and I decided to order Take Home from Friendly's the other evening....

Joey got chicken tenders with french fries and an order of Mac N Cheese....

 
 I got a cheese steak melt with an order of french fries.....

 
And we got an order of mini mozzarella sticks and an order of quesadillas to split...


Well, Joey ate most of them!!

LOL!!
 
Everything was delicious and we really enjoyed the dinner.....
 

Today I want to share how my front yard looks this Spring.......


This is the slope in front of my townhouse....


Many years ago, we planted phlox on the slope as a ground cover.....

In the early Spring, the phlox really puts on quite a show.....


The blooms only last a little over two weeks though....




A few years ago, Joe and I landscaped our next door neighbor's slope.....


The original owners of the house planted hostas on the slope......


 I raked up the mulch, freshening it up a bit.....
 
I also recently added some lamb's ear to the slope.....
 

The yellow blooming perennials are supposedly called "Bonfire" Spurge....


They reseed themselves......


 A look down the slope from the top.....





This is the flower bed under my next door neighbor's Living Room window.....


I may thin out that hosta on the left and plant what I take out in some pots in the back yard as I am trying to cut back on the amount of annuals that I buy this year......

It was so hot and humid last year that I spent a good part of the Summer watering the flowers that I bought, trying to keep them from dying.....

Since it was about to rain any minute, I took these pictures of the flower bed that runs along the sidewalk in front of our row of townhouses....


The blooms on the azaleas are starting to open up.....


This one is a pretty purple.....


When I was looking for my early Spring mini flags, I happened to find 2 mini flags that Joe bought on clearance in Big Lot's at 90% off at the end of last Season......

I hung this one on this end of the flower bed....


Funny how now, in the wake of Joe's passing, this means so much more to me....
 
"Friends Make Life a Little Sweeter"



The azalea in the middle of the yard is a white one....




This red azalea is always the first one of the 3 of them to bloom....

 
It is a beauty.....
 
And the saying on the second mini flag can not be any truer....

"The Love of Family Makes Life Beautiful"

 
The perennials I planted in my next  door neighbor's flower bed have taken and are filling in nicely....


I will be filling the pots with some annuals but that will not be until the week before Memorial Day because we can still get a frost here in NEPA up until then....
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing how the front yard looks this Spring....

And I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY.....  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

19 comments:

  1. Your spring blooms are gorgeous. I love the gardens in spring. After a rainy day yesterday we have some lovely sunshine today. Hope you are doing well and keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks once again for stopping by...I am returning your comment here as your comments are closed on your blog...Loved seeing all the birds in your April garden.. I was cleaning up the patio the other day and a red cardinal landed on the fence and was watching me for quite some time...I guess my new guardian angel was watching over me!! I hope you are having a good week, my friend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Good morning. Your phlox inspired me to plant some last year, but it's too bad it only blooms for such a short time. Seeing that mini flag made me smile. I remember the times you'd say, "Joe had strict orders not to buy anything". :) That flag is like a gift from your husband that loved finding a deal. Bless your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ,
      So glad that you planted some phlox!! They do provide a nice ground cover and put on quite a show in the early Spring with the vivid color of their blooms!! Yes, the flags did bring a smile to my face and the sayings on both of them really mean a lot to me during this time... Hope you are enjoying your week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. That phlox is extraordinary. I do love phlox -- it's so cheerful! But THAT is a show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful front yard. I love all the purple! It's so nicely groomed with a variety of flowers blooming. I like those white deer too. I'm living in the mountains, and just saw a couple in the neighborhood. ; )

    ~Sheri

    **coming over from Nana Diana's blog. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your phlox is just lovely. I wish I lived across the road from you and could enjoy all this beauty out my windows! You have an eye for landscaping and color! And now with your neighbors done, it just makes your whole row shine. I think he put those flags just where you would find them. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, Debbie, the front slope is spectacular. Too bad Spring flowers don't bloom for a longer time. I'm so glad to hear you are doing well -- one day at a time is the way to go. Take care.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty,
      Thanks for stopping by!! Yes, I am doing okay and taking one day at a time, trying to find JOY in each day!!
      HUgs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. Hi Deb, wow your hillside looks absolutely beautiful. The perfect plantings for a wonderful spring showing. I am thinking of you each day and so glad to hear you are doing well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yard looks so lovely! That phlox really puts on a show this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, your front garden is even more beautiful than last year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The phlox looks like beautiful pink snow! It's so pretty and cheery. My friend has a couple different colors in her front yard.I wish it would last longer.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, I always enjoy seeing the beautiful phlox on your front slope. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie, your garden looks beautiful. Love all the colours of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Debbie! I am SO sorry to hear about your deep loss! May the God of all comfort bless you and hold you extra close. Sending love and hugs to you today.🙏❤

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. You've been on my mind and in my prayers.
    Your front Hill looks stunning. That purple is so eye catching.
    Visiting today from SSPS 310 #44&46

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, I am so sorry for your loss. I feel like I knew Joe from reading your blog and your Facebook posts. He will be missed by everyone since you shared him with everyone. Sending you prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The front slope is so beautiful, I love all of the purple phlox and I'm so jealous you still have Friendly's! All of ours closed years ago. Thanks for sharing at SSPS #310
    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...