I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, May 27, 2024

Memorial Day Front Porch and Yard, 2024


 


 

 

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Happy Memorial Day!!
 
 
 
 I hope you enjoyed your Holiday weekend but also remembered those who gave their lives for this Country which is what this day is all about!!

We will be having our Memorial Remembrance Cook In tomorrow on Tuesday as my son Jim and DIL Danielle worked the weekend and the Holiday....

 
In my last  post, I shared our Mother's Day Celebration and my great niece's college graduation....

 

 

 

 

 


 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

 I want to THANK Marsha, over at Marsha in the Middle, and the other hosts of the Weekend Traffic Jam Linky Party, for featuring my post, "A Celebration of Joe's Life', as the post "Most Clicked with Love to Deb"!!! 


Thanks so much for those kind words., Marsha!!!

 

I also want to THANK you Lisa, over at Boondock Ramblings, who is also one of the hosts of the Weekend Traffic Jam Linky Party, for featuring my post, A Celebration of Joe's Life, as the Most Clicked on from last week's party...

 

 

Thank you also for these sweet words that Lisa wrote:

 "Our most clicked post this week is by a blogger who has been very dedicated and loyal to the Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot. Debbie always thanks the hosts, comments on other blogs, and makes many of us smile with the lovely decorations in and around her home. Last month Debbie’s husband passed away after a short battle with cancer. He was diagnosed one day and a few weeks later he was gone. It was very fast and shocking so if you are someone who prays, I ask that you say a little prayer for Debbie and her family as they deal with this loss."

 Your words touched my heart, Lisa!!!

 

Also a big Thank You to Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for also choosing my post,  A Celebration of Joe's Life, as one of her features from last week's Morning Cup of Joe Linky Party!!!

 

 Thank you, Andrea. for these kind words....

 " As you all know our friend Debbie lost her precious husband Joe recently and all of our hearts go out to her and her family. He was a wonderful man and Debbie is paying tribute to him today. Soar hi Joe… soar high." 

You made me tear up, Andrea!!!!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!


 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 I was ambitious last week and made a batch of Barna Balls....
 
 
 
 A combination of stuffed peppers and piggies without the peppers and cabbage which I can not eat and Joey does not like...

I also made a pot of beef stew which I have not made in quite some time....
 


 I don't put carrots in it because Joey does not like carrots.....
 
 
 I am now the one going on Fridays to the Mall down the road from us where the Amish Farmer sets up his stands...
 
He gets his produce from a friend in Florida until his crops come in here in Penna.
 
This week, I bought a tomato to top off our cheeseburgers and corn for our Memorial Day Cook In....

 
 
And I also bought some cantaloupe...


I mentioned that Joe always bought the cantaloupe for me and Ben Peachey, The Amish Farmer, commented sadly, "Funny how things change, isn't it?"

They were friends....

 
My son Jim came and we put the air conditioners in the Living Room and Bedroom.....

 
 I think Joe would have been proud of us.....
 
Especially since Jim has central air and never did this before....
 
 
And just yesterday, I decorated my Seasonal Tree in the Living Room for the Patriotic Summer Holidays.....
 
Yes, I am behind but I am catching up with all my Seasonal decorating and gardening....
 
Without the lights on.....
 
 
With the lights on....

 
 Since we are celebrating Memorial Day tomorrow, on Tuesday, I hope to get the rest of the Living Room decorated today...
 
 
I  am still trying to find my new "normal" daily routine....

Now that everything having to do with Joe's Funeral is over with, I have moved on to things that I usually always do.....

There are still a few appointments and paperwork that I have to tend to but for the most part, it is time to begin doing what I love to do again.....

Joe would not have wanted it any other way.....
 

Last week, I managed to do something that Joe always did for me and I am quite proud of myself that I did it with really no trouble at all!!!

I began bringing all the tubs of garden decor and decor for the porch and patio up from our storage shed....

I guess I should say my storage shed because I have transferred the account over to just my name....

 

 I planned on sharing how I set up the front porch and yard for this Summer and the flowers that I planted in all my pots in the front but I am a bit behind in getting my Seasonal posts done....

 

 So today, I am going to switch things around and share how I decorated the front of my house for the Memorial Day weekend....

I am not going to go into much detail because in my next post on THURSDAY, I will be sharing the Front Porch and Yard all decked out for Summer in detail...

And for the July 4th Holiday, I will be sharing the porch again all decked out in Patriotic Pride....

On Saturday, I switched the front of the house over to my Patriotic decor for the Holiday weekend....

 

 

It only took about an hour to change everything out......
 

 
I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking for this post...

 
 
 


 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 New solar grapevine lantern lights that we bought at Big Lot's last year at 90% off.....



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The flower bed under the Living Room window......
 
 
 

 

 My rhododendron was truly spectacular looking this year with more blooms on it than I have seen in a lot of years....
 
 
 
 

 
 
I also trimmed my forsythia this past week....

 
This was a job that Joe always did.....

 
 
I think I didn't do too bad of a job.....


The flower bed that runs in front of our row of townhouses......


 
You can see that the rhododendron is losing it's blooms now....





 On Wednesday, I will change everything back over to my normal Summer decor on the porch.....

 

In my next post on THURSDAY, I will be sharing how I decorated the Front Porch for the Summer and what annuals I planted in the front....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY!!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



13 comments:

  1. Your front porch looks lovely for your Memorial Day. Our celebration in Canada is on Remembrance Day in November. Enjoy your cook in with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by again!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. (I’ve been away from blogging for awhile.) I will be heading over to look at your tribute post.

    Your Memorial Day decorations are so eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your front porch looks so lovely decorated for Memorial Day! I hope you have a wonderful belated celebration with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know everyone who walks by your porch would be put in the festive mood if they weren't already! It looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie your decor is always stunning. I just marvel at your boundless energy. Your grandgirls are getting so big! You must be thrilled every time you get to see them. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rhododendron is just gorgeous! I have always said - I want to be your neighbor just to see your yard out my window! Joe would be so proud of you the way you are carrying forth. Wonderful how much support your sons are to you. Your cooking looks so good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your seasonal patriotic tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so busy, which must be good for you in lots of ways - but also hard. I'm glad you are coping. That story of the farmer is touching, yet very sad at the same time. #TrafficJamReboot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect decorating! And your rhododendron is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The patriotic decor is festive. Love it. And the rhododendron, wow. It's fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I can't get over how beautiful the rhododendron was this year....
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...