I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, October 20, 2023

Joe's Trip to Pittsburgh & the Flight 93 National Memorial Site, 2023

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 
 UPDATE: Not able to comment on certain Blogs!

I am having a terrible time trying to comment on some Blog posts... The ones where you can comment by logging into Google, using a URL and Name or commenting Anonymously will not allow me to comment at all on some blogs!!
I have learned that if I switch browsers to Google Chrome when viewing these blogs, I can comment one these blogs so that is what I will be doing....
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared my Falloween Home Tour for 2023!!!


Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Halloween Tree and Hutch in the Kitchen, as one of her features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!!
 
 

Thanks so much, Bev!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!
 
 
At the end of September, Joe and our oldest son Joey made their annual trip to Pittsburgh to see a Pittsburgh Pens Hockey game.....

Joe gets 2 free tickets to a Pittsburgh Pens Exhibition game annually because we are 5 Year commitment Season Ticket Holders for their AHL Team, the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins....
 
Why don't I go???
 
This is a great Father/Son trip and I do not want to intrude on that....
 
PLUS.....
 
It is MY vacation for 2-3 days to be home ALONE!!! 

I am NOT going to give that up!!

 
 On the way into Pittsburgh, they stopped once again for lunch at the Monroeville Mall, where the iconic horror movie, "Dawn of the Dead" was filmed....... ....
 

 
They were there several times before including their very first trip to Pittsburgh.....

Joey is a huge fan of the movie and others by Pittsburgh's own George Romero......

 

They always stay at the Cambria Inn which is right next to the PPG Paint's Arena....


They almost did not get a room there as Stevie Nicks was in concert at the PPG Paint's Arena on the evening that they arrived in Pittsburgh.....

They usually stay in a Suite with 2 bedrooms but that was not available so they stayed in a Suite with 2 queen size beds and a separate sitting area....


Looking into the sitting area...


Joey on his lap top at the computer desk in the room....
 

Now we have a lot of Spotted Lantern Flies here in NEPA but nothing like they did have out in Pittsburgh!!!!!

They were all over the parking lot and the building!!!!!
 

 
 
 
 Everyone was trying to kill them by stepping on them because they are an invasive species!!!
 
 They did enjoy watching all the people going to the Stevie Nicks concert dressed in Black Goth and the women wearing black hats!!
 
 Across from the hotel at night......
 
 
 
During the day....
 
 
 

 
 Joe said they were building this since last year....
 
Outside the hotel and the Arena....





 They were amazed at the new video board which is a whopping 55 feet wide!!!!!

 
 

 
Warm Ups....




35 is Tristin Jarry, who played for the WB Scranton Pens...


58 is Kris Letang also from WB Scranton Pens
 

And Joe was thrilled to get this picture of Sidney Crosby!!!




Iceburg....with a U like in Pittsburgh!!




This is a favorite pizza place of theirs.....
 

 
Right across the street.....

 
 
On their way home, they stopped at the Flight 93 National Memorial.....

They visited there back in 2017,but they wanted to see the Tower of Voices which was not built at the time.....

They tried stopping there last year but it was poring rain on their way home ...

There were showers this year but it stopped raining when they got to the Memorial...


Joey, walking up to the museum.....

 
A Tour Guide with a bus trip....



 
The museum with the Observation Deck overlooking the crash site.....

A huge piece of Sandstone marks where the crater was.....



This was written by one of our local morning anchors who was actually working for a TV station there and was one of the first reporters on the scene....


 
Only family members are allowed to actually walk out to the crash site on the anniversary of 911.......



Joey walking toward the Wall of Names...







Some of the things left at the Wall of Names.....





The Tower of Voices.....





They were not able to hear the chimes as there was no wind that day but were able to listen to them by using the app....


It is actually 2 miles from the museum and crash site.....




This is the parking lot.....

 
This is some of the surrounding farm land....







I wanted to show you this as it is truly amazing that this plane went down in an area like this so no one else would perish on that terrible day.....
 
The crew and the passengers of Flight 93 are truly American Heroes........
 
May they rest in peace....
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing Joe and Joey's trip to Pittsburgh this year....
 
The pictures were taken by both of them..... 


 And I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!  

 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful and sobering memorial. I watched a documentary about the flight 93 this past September. One cannot help but be moved by both the story and how the memorial is bult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that they can enjoy this father and son trip every year. And it's great that you get your own special alone time.
    The memorial is so sad, yet such an honor to those brave souls. I am not sure I could visit in person, I think the wounds are still so fresh. That is a day we will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for sharing. That day will forever be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a fun father/son trip! Thank you so much for sharing photos of their stop at the memorial.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...