I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Falloween Beverage Bar & Some Candy Corn in the Kitchen, 2023

 



 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 

 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so.... 
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 UPDATE: Not able to comment on certain Blogs!
 
I am having a terrible time trying to comment on some Blog posts... The ones where you can comment by logging into Google, using a URL and Name or commenting Anonymously will not allow me to comment at all on some blogs!!
I have learned that if I switch browsers to Google Chrome when viewing these blogs, I can comment one these blogs so that is what I will be doing....

 

In my last post, I started my Tour of the Kitchen decorated for Falloween with sharing the Tree and the Hutch....

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

Fall weather has returned here to NEPA after a short run of 80 degree temps....

I finally was able to take the air conditioner and the window fan out of our bedroom windows, clean them, hang the lace curtains that I use for Fall/Winter up and put my Welcome Candle Lights in them.....



Last week, one of the local churches in our area had their annual Pulled Pork Food Sale....

Joe picked up 2 sandwiches, which you also got cole slaw and sauce with for $8 a piece....

 

 

 You can see there is quite a bit of meat on those buns!!

 And he also bought a pint, that looked like it was almost vacuum packed with pulled pork, for $16

 
 

We bought extra buns from Sam's Club and I was able to get 6 more sandwiches out of it.....

Unfortunately , my son Joey's car was hit in possibly the parking lot where he parks at work or when he went to a clinic to get his covid booster....

They did a number on the passenger side bumper....

 

So on the way back from taking it to the body shop to be repaired, Joe stopped at a local restaurant , Leggio's, for pizza on Sunday.....

Plain

 

With Meatballs....


We usually order Take Home dinners for this place and it has been a very long time since we had their pizza .....

It was SO GOOD!!!!!

It will definitely be put on the list of places that Joey treats us to dinner from on Fridays.....

Did I mention that this month is Joey's last payment on his car????

Never fails, huh???

 

Fall has always been my favorite Season of the year....

I have never been a fan of Summer clothes...

I am a sweater and jacket girl and now with cooler weather, I get to wear those....

 This is what I wore to Mass on Sunday morning.....

 

I am down 54 pounds since June 1st , 2023

I have hit a plateau that seems to have lasted all Summer long so I still can wear 4 pairs of dress slacks that I have even though they are a bit loose but they will do until I hopefully, lose more weight....

I do not know if it was the heat and humidity causing a flare up of my auto immune issues and the fact that it kept me in the house for most of the Summer with the air conditioning and not walking as much as I did last year....

As I mentioned before in past posts, I love watching You Tube videos and one of my favorite is Arlynn's County Craft Corner....

She has lost over 80 pounds and it has changed her entire life...

The comment that she made about also hitting a plateau this Summer resonated with me...

"I will lose the rest of the weight I want to because I have the rest of my entire life to do so"

 When I started this journey toward a Healthier Lifestyle, I hoped to lose maybe 20 pounds because of my health issues that make losing weight so hard for me...

 So I am happy with how far I have come because I feel so much better, can move much better and have a lot more energy.....



Again, since many of you have questioned where I will be putting all the new things that I recently bought and made, I will be pointing them out.....
 
I say the Kitchen is decorated for Falloween because I decorated it in mixture of both Fall and Halloween decorations... 
 
Today, I am going to be sharing this area of my Kitchen.....



Last week, I had my can opener and toaster both start acting crazy and my tea kettle sprung a leak....

Now I estimate that all 3 were about 20 years old as they were all red in color and that was about the time that red small appliances came out....

However, they are not out there now unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for them which I did not.....

Even though I am NOT a fan of stainless steel anything  ( it looks "cold" to me), I bought a toaster and this Cuisinart tea kettle in Ocean State Job Lot.....

Actually, they did not cost me anything as we had Crazy Deal Gift Cards from other purchases that we used to pay for them.....


 They did not have a can opener I liked and I saw this one in the Boscov's ad and it had red on it!!!

 
So we ran down to our local Boscov's and bought it for $19.99.....

At least I have some red and they do go well with my Coffee Pot.....
 


 
Okay so that brings me to my Beverage Bar area......


 I call it my Beverage Bar as I have it set up for coffee, tea and hot cocoa.....
 


 You may remember the set of 5 copper molds I bought at a church flea market in the Summer, 2 of which I hung here.........

 

  
I bought these wood tags in Dollar General for a buck a piece.....


I hung them on Fall pot holders.....
 



I made the wreath several years ago......

I bought this sign in Dollar Tree and embellished it a bit.....


I hung it here by the Beverage Bar......


I think it goes nicely with the wreath and the pot holders hung on the cabinet handles....


I bought all these for my Falloween Beverage Bar.....







Along with these cute mugs.....




And these I found in Salvation Army....


This is the first time that I got to set this Beverage Bar up at this time of year because it was for Christmas last year that I added these shelves to this counter space.....



I started with a plaid place mat in Fall colors that I have had for a few years now....

You can see that I had a good time placing all those cute signs I bought around!!!!


I placed the "Vampire Ashes" right in front of the canister where our ground coffee is stored.....


A coffee cup ornament hangs from one of a set of 3 wood coffee cup signs with hooks that I bought at that same church flea market in the Summer.....



Packets of Hot Cocoa mix are stored in the vintage red enamelware container with the "Cuddle in a Cup" sign in front of it.....


I use the salt when I make our morning coffee, adding a sprinkle of it to the grounds like my Dad taught me to.....


The vintage Coca container was my late neighbor Elly's.....

 
Flavored Tea's and Coffees are stored in the little shelf that I painted black.....


 
By the refrigerator......
 
 
 
 Instant coffee is kept in the glass canister.....
 
 
 

     
 
My Fall mugs, along with a few extra's are stored under the shelf on this side.....
 

Peppermint sticks and spoons and Halloween lollipops are ready to use for Hot Coca in this Halloween tin pail.....


On the marble turntable, are my Halloween mugs......


"Coffee with Scream and Sugar" for our sweetner packets, "Witches Brew " for flavored coffee and "Vampire Blood" for my flavored creamers!!!


I enjoyed setting this up this season using the new things I bought which cost mostly a buck or $1.25!!!.....



On top of the fridge this year is another new display.....


I bought this in Dollar Tree a few weeks ago.....


And it gave me an idea.....


To do a Candy Corn display here.....


I bought the enamelware bread box in Michael's in the Spring......
 
On a small yellow pedestal is the candy corn lighted tree that my friend Anne Marie gifted me!!


Joe bought the pumpkin a few years ago in Bed, bath and Beyond and I bought the glass candy corn at a craft stand at Pa.'s largest State Fair, The Bloomsburg Fair, many years ago!!!


On top of the bread box....
 

I placed this candy corn colored pumpkin stick from Dollar Tree into an arrangement in an orange vase.....


Stood the sign from Dollar Tree up on a plate stand....


And added the cute sign from Dollar General....
 
 



In front of the bread box are 2 candy corn bottle brush trees bought in Dollar Tree last year along with a pumpkin faux cookie bought in Gabes a few years back.....


I bought the enamelware like ceramic Salt and Pepper shakers in the Spring in Hobby Lobby.....


I changed out my tea pot lamp with this mason jar one filled with candy corn.....


I found the lid with the light bulb socket in one of my light bulb storage bins when I cleaned out our storage room and screwed it on to a vintage clear glass mason jar.....


To complete my Ode to Candy Corn.....


I bought this rug for $5 in Gabes.....

 
I hope you enjoyed seeing this area of my Kitchen and how I used all the new items I bought this Season!!!


In my next post on FRIDAY, I will be sharing the rest of the Kitchen decorated for Falloween......

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

9 comments:

  1. I think a beverage bar is always a fun idea (although I'm the only one who drinks a beverage in my house!) But great for company or a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, Debbie! I love your outfit, the colors are great. The house always looks so festive, every detail is just right! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. Love you candy corn decorations. The beverage bar looks inviting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Fall Debbie!🍂
    That's a pretty outfit, especially the jacket, and you look terrific. All the candy corn decor is so cute! As always, I enjoy seeing your "good eats"!😋
    Blessings, Linda 🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for visiting again and for your kind words...As always, I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to stop by to see what I am up to..I hope you are having a good weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Debbie, Your fall beverage area is SO CUTE! I love all of your fall touches! I love your outfit too, and your carryout food always makes me so hungry. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look just fabulous. I'm so sorry about the car. Isn't it always the way things happen? I hope the repair shop was able to make it right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, I just love your Falloween Beverage Bar! It's so homey.
    Visiting today from TTMT #21&22

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your weight loss and health journey. I am glad you aren't getting discouraged by the plateau. Everyone seems to hit these, but they last so long that many don't keep up the routines. You've got this! Also, I love the idea of a beverage bar, it's so cute! Thank you for sharing at Tell It To Me Tuesday! I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...