I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, October 16, 2023

Halloween at Nelson Crest, 2023




 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 
 UPDATE: Not able to comment on certain Blogs!

I am having a terrible time trying to comment on some Blog posts... The ones where you can comment by logging into Google, using a URL and Name or commenting Anonymously will not allow me to comment at all on some blogs!!
I have learned that if I switch browsers to Google Chrome when viewing these blogs, I can comment one these blogs so that is what I will be doing....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Today, I will be sharing my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest, decorated for Halloween.....
 
 
In my last post, I shared the rest of my Kitchen decorated for Falloween as it is a combination of both Fall and Halloween!!


 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 I want to Thank Linda, over at Life and Linda, for choosing my post, Halloween Front Porch, as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity Linky Party!!!
 


 Thanks so much, Linda!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!


And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 
Saturday, it rained here all day long.....over 1 1/4 inch of rain.....

It was the perfect day to make some Beef Stew which my son Joey had been asking me to make....

 
I do not add carrots to it anymore because I got tired of watching Joey meticulously pick each and every one of them out of his dish.....

It was the perfect comfort food for a day like that....


The Tree across the Court from us is finally starting to change colors....

 
The trees here are behind schedule......

 
I don't know if it is because of the hot temps. or all the rain or a combination of both....

 
This tree is usually all red and orange by now...
 

I also wanted to share a Sunset from our back yard......


A typical Fall Sunset.....


Today, I will be finishing up my room by room Tour of our house decorated for Falloween......

We are moving into the Den today where Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, is located on a table, on a turntable in a corner of the room......

I love decorating the outside for the different Holidays and Seasons...


We will start by taking a look at the left side yard where I have a bit of a Cemetery and Bone Yard scene set up........


A lot of the pieces are from the Lemax Spooky Town Collection.....
 
 




 A Ghost is on the window sill of the Music Room.....


And a Witch is flying about.....
 


 
On the balcony off the Master Bedroom.....


A black Cat is perched above the door way.....


And black twig trees flank each side of the door....


A Ghost is setting amongst the Gargoyles on the railing....


From which a Skeleton is dangling from.....

 
Doesn't he look spiffy tipping his top hat and with his cane!!





On the left side of the front yard.....


I bought the orange and black trees from Dollar Tree a few years back....






Let's take a look at the Front Porch, shall we???



Resting on hay bales, are Pumpkin Topiaries on each side of the Front Door.......


And another Ghost and black Cat waits greet visitors at the door....


While vintage styled Halloween buckets line the steps....


And a trio of Trick or Treaters are ready to receive their Treats!!!



On the right side of the front yard....
 
 






Around to the right side yard which is more visible when you are in the Den....

 
Is another Cemetery scene!!!



A Skull Tree!!

 
A Skeleton Bench to sit on to "speak" with loved ones!!





I hope you enjoyed seeing Nelson Crest All decked out for Halloween this year....

I did try to change it up a little bit....

On WEDNESDAY in my next post, I will be sharing my Annual Falloween Home Tour where I share the entire house, both inside and out, decorated for Falloween including a few decorations in the Den and Hall that I have not shared yet....




So I hope you will stop by to visit again on WEDNESDAY!!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


7 comments:

  1. It is a cloudy and chilly day here. Sweater and sock weather for sure. The leaves are a lovely colour, as are the ones by you. I just packed up a dolls house and furnishings to give away to a thrift store. Sure hope someone enjoys it as much as our girls did when they were young. I can't imagine not liking carrots, but if your son doesn't eat them there is no sense adding them to the stew. The things we do for kids, no matter their age. Hope you are keeping well. Have a lovely Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beef stew looks delicious! I have a soup cooking in the crock pot today.. we've been having lots of crock pot meals since my oven isn't currently working. You did a great job decorating Nelson's crest for Halloween with so many cute and spooky little details everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beef stew looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna tell Joey to stop fooling around and eat his carrots ;) Everything looks so fun and festive, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I credible detail on that Victorian dollhouse! And even though your trees are behind, they are still gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for sharing your post at the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is so festive for fall. So many details and pretty decor.
    Happy Fall, Kippi

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...