I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Summer Flowers in the Front Yard

Welcome!!!

Today, I will be sharing the flowers that I planted in my pots in the front yard for this Summer.......

But first, I want to Thank these hosts for featuring my post, Fairy Garden in a Galvanized Tub!!

Thanks to Beverly and Gloria, over at Across the Blvd., and the other hosts of The Snickerdoodle Create, Bake and Make Link Party  for featuring it as the Most Viewed Post from last week....
And I also want to Thank Julie, over at Julie's Creative Lifestyle, for choosing it as one of her features from last week's Cooking and Crafting with J and J Party!!!
Thanks so much to all the hosts of these parties!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

In my last post, I shared how I decorated our Front Porch for this Summer season.....
Click HERE if you missed it........

Today, I will be showing you the Front Yard including what annuals I planted in all my pots .......

Let's take up where we left off, at the Front Porch.......

I mentioned that I decided to go with a red, orange and yellow color theme not only for the Front Porch again this year but also for the yard in regards to what annuals I planted in all my pots.......
I briefly showed you this black urn that sits between my townhouse and my neighbor's in my last post.......
I planted 2 yellow marigolds and 2 red begonias and a spike in it this year.......
The urn also got a fresh coat of flat black spray paint......

In front of the porch.....
I have 2 square pots in front of the railing......
Looking out from the porch........
I planted yellow and orange marigolds in each of the pots......
One of 2 concrete frogs that I bought at Sam's Club many years ago and a metal black frog sit to the left of the first pot.......
In the middle of the 2 pots, is a rusty wrought iron cherub bird bath.......
There are 2 mosaic solar lighted toad stools on each side of it.....
I placed this stepping stone on top of the bird bath, creating a table......

" Angels Gather Here"

The other pot........
On the right side of it, is the other concrete frog bought at Sam's Club.....
You can see that there is another black urn on the other end of the front porch......

This is actually not a new urn........

This is what it looked like last year in the back yard.......
But the white was looking a little worse for wear so I decided to move it to the front of the house and gave it a new coat of flat black paint to match the other one.......
I planted this urn with 2 yellow marigolds, 2 red begonias and a spike like the other urn......
This urn is a bit different from the other one......
You can see the difference on the top of each urn  around the rim.....
I planted one red begonia inside of this small pot inside this bike planter......
And that is how the front of the porch looks.....
Under the Living Room window is a small flower bed.......

The flower bed is to the right of the front porch.....
Between the porch and the flower bed, I have a long planter...........
I planted 4 red begonias in it........
2 bright green leaf ones on each end and 2 darker green leaf ones in the middle......

I learned last year that 4 begonias are enough because they tend to grow like crazy in this location......

This is the flower bed under the Living Room window.....
The red brick border is new for this year........
Along with this new mini flag.........
A solar lighted bird bath sits in the middle of the flower bed.......
You can see that I elevated the solar lights in the flower bed this year.......

If you want to see the post, New Heights for Solar Lights,  please click HERE.....
I have a small pot bought at Dollar Tree on each side of the bird bath which I planted with 1 yellow marigold.......
And 2 Fairies flank each side of the bird bath.....
Another new mini flag........
2 large urns sit on the wall that divides our yard from my next door neighbor's......
Our church was throwing out these 2 large urns a few years ago and some how, they came home with us!!!   LOL!!

This year, I decided to try something different.......
I planted 2 orange New Guinea Impatiens in each urn......
They did so well in in the back yard last year that I decided to try them in the front yard this year.......
Each urn has a black pot holder with a small pot of Hens and Chicks planted in it.......

Between the 2 urns, is another long planter..........
I also planted this one with 4 red begonias........
 I will keep you posted on how those new guinea impatiens do in the urns.......
On the sidewalk, by the steps that lead down to the first 2 townhouses in our row.......
Are 2 Fairies.........

This is the front flower bed on top of the slope in front of our house..........

 You may remember the slope with the azaleas and rhododendron in full bloom.......
 The azaleas and the rhododendron are finished blooming and Joe gave them all a trimming..........
My chippy Angel......
My new mail box cover that I already shared in a previous post......
Another Dollar Tree pot rests under the mail box.....
And again, I planted a yellow marigold in the pot.......
Moving down the flower bed.......
My park bench.......
I also gave the 2 pots on the park bench a coat of flat black spray paint.......
2 stained glass bird baths flank each side of the bench.........
Along with 2 pot holders that also hold pots planted with Hens and Chicks.......
I love to decorate this bench.......
In the large pot, I planted an orange new guinea impatien.......
A yellow and orange marigold was planted in the smaller pot......
A cherub and a lantern are on the bench between the 2 pots......
Underneath the bench is a doggie Angel and a Fairy surrounding a memorial stone " Our Beloved Pet".........
To the right of the Park Bench.......
My deer couple and a sweet girl......
 I will keep you posted on how the annuals in these pots and urns in the front grow this Summer........

I usually do that as a guide to what type of flowers that I will buy next year......

Over the years, I have leaned that plants that do well in shade do better out front because the front porch and most of the yard does not get the Sun until about 4:00 pm.......

Like in my previous post about our Front Porch, I want to share a few photos of the front yard that I took for Memorial Day with my outside Patriotic Decorations......

I will let the photos do the talking........
 I will be doing another post on my outside Patriotic decorations for the 4th of July with an update on how everything is growing......

Speaking of Patriotic Decorations, in my next post, I will be doing the 1st of a Series of posts sharing how I decorated our Living Room for the Patriotic Holidays of the Summer......

These decorations have been up since the week before Memorial Day but I thought that this year, I would share them closer to the 4th of July as that Holiday is more of a Celebration than Memorial Day is because Memorial Day is a Solemn Remembrance of those who gave their lives for this great Country!!!

Once again, I will be sharing one of 3 Patriotic Trees starting with this one......
 And how I did things a bit differently this year like raising it up on a block to make it higher.....
 And I will also be sharing in the Series how I decorated a bit differently around the Tree in this corner of the Living Room......
  So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

 ONE MORE THING.......

This is in regards to the issue with Blogger not sending the comments on posts by way of email to the owners of Blogs......

Since there have always been bloggers who commented in the past who I did not receive an email in regards to their comment, I have made it a practice of checking the comment section on Blogger or checking the comments under each individual post so I did not miss a comment.

I try to respond to ALL comments on my posts in some way......

Since those who commented took the time to do so and also took the time to visit my post, I believe that the right thing to do is to respond with a comment on their Blog post....

In other words, I believe that I am returning the favor of a visit and I have always believed that this is the proper thing to do instead of responding by a Thank You in an email......

I will continue to do this by looking at the comments on each post or in the comment section on blogger.....

If you do not have a blog or I can not find another way to respond, I will reply on the post that you commented on so PLEASE check back......

This is something that I have been doing for some time now and will continue to do even if blogger fixes this issue......

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

 June Garden Party

Summer Time Fun Link Party

Gardens Galore Link Party #8

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party- on hiatus until Spetember
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
   Awesome Life Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Home Sweet Home Friday

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party!
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
 Make Life Pretty Party
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

14 comments:

  1. Such beautiful flowers! The are perfect for the summer
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'dabbles' and get so many ideas from them.
    Blessings to you and yours!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the beautiful flowers and greenery. Love that cute little garden marker, "Don't just stand there, weed". LOL! Everything looks so pretty. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, Debbie, your front porch and entry are beautiful. Everything looks so welcoming and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers looks beautiful, Debbie, and your porch is so welcoming and lovely. Also, I noticed in the side bar you have a Joey...I do, too, that's my oldest son's name. p.s. I would love for you to link up at my weekly party...it goes live every Monday night at 8 p.m. ET. I hope to see you then! hugs, mb

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ve done a wonderful job with all your planters. I like the little chicken ‘n hens planted in that clay pot above the new guinea impatiens cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every aspect of your front yard! It is so inviting and the flowers you chose to plant are some of my favorites! I really love your park bench. It looks so pretty with all of the flowers and statues!
    Thanks for sharing at the Make Life Pretty Monday link party! I hope to see you again next week!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so bright and cheerful. The flowers are so beautiful. It is a very peaceful spot to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your front porch is lovely. Believe it or not I usually plant exactly the same annuals as you! From the marigolds to the inpatiens to the spikes.....:) I am in love with those church urns! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is so pretty Debbie. You always inspire me to do more in my garden :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :) Hope you can join us today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Painting the urns is such a good idea. Mine need a freshening up. I can't wait to see how all this beauty fills out. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your potted plants and their blooms are lovely Debbie! You obviously have a green thumb! Your porch is so welcoming, wish I could visit for a tall glass of iced tea. Thanks for sharing at Gardens Galore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, I'm so glad you linked this at the garden party. It's always fun to see what you are up to. Your porch is always filled with fun decor and now beautiful plants! You reminded me about marigolds...I never seem to plant those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers look beautiful and those colors pop so nicely against your newly painted black planter. I would not have noticed they were two different styles of planters if you had not pointed that out. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful front yard with us at the Summer Time Fun party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...