I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Patriotic Tree #3 and Patriotic Crafting!!

Welcome!!!

Today, I will be sharing Patriotic Tree #3 and some Patriotic Crafts that I have made...

In previous posts, I have shared Patriotic Tree #1..........
 Click HERE if you missed that post.......

How I decorated the corner of the Living Room where the Tree is displayed............
 Click HERE if you missed that post........

I also shared Patriotic Tree #2 and my Patriotic "Mantle"......
Click HERE if you missed that post.....

I also decorated this corner of the Living Room by the stairs for the Summer Patriotic Holidays......
 But first, I want to Thank Mary Beth, over at The How To Home, for choosing my post,  Summer Flowers in the Front Yard, as one of her choices for 11 Modern Farmhouse Inspired Projects, from last week's Project Inspired Link Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Mary Beth!!!

I also want to thank Bev, over at  Eclectic Red Barn, and Heidi, over at Heidi's Wanderings, for choosing my post, The "Mothers" in my Home, as one of their features from last month's You're The Star Link Party!!!
 
 Thanks so much Bev and Heidi, who are the Home Week Hosts!!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!

I like to decorate this LED branch Tree for various Holidays and Seasons........
But first, let's take a look around the Tree........

On a wicker stool inside of a vintage peach bowl and pitcher is a Patriotic floral arrangement that I did......
Red, white and blue flowers, white baby's breath and a flag......
This is Patriotic Tree #3!!
I decorated it with red, blue and silver ball ornaments.........
I also wrapped red, blue and silver star wired garland around the Tree........
The Tree sits on a marble topped table........
At the base of the Tree is another floral arrangement that I did in a pot bought at Dollar Tree......
I used some Patriotic stickers to decorate the pot.....
In looking at this now, I realize that I forgot to wrap a piece of fabric around the base of the Tree......
Here is a look from the side, when you first walk in the front door........
I decorate the stairs a bit too........
Hanging on the wall, is a cute Patriotic Doll that I bought several years ago at an Estate Sale.......
I decided to "dabble" a bit and glam her up a bit......
I added a new bow made from Patriotic ribbon.........
I embellished her hat with a bow and some ribbon roses........

I also added some red and blue buttons, bows and ribbon roses to her dress......
I wanted to clear out some of my stash of crafts and thought this was the perfect way to use some things up.......


On the stairs beneath the Doll is a flag that when turned on plays Patriotic music and appears to wave in the breeze.......
 I always have these 3 lanterns on the stairs and change the bows on them according to whatever Holiday or Season that I have the room decorated for .........
I had several rolls of Patriotic ribbon that I bought from Dollar Tree so I made bows for each lantern using 2 different types of ribbon........

The lantern on the top is  slightly larger than the other 2........
The middle one.....
The one on the bottom step......
The candles in the lanterns are red, white and blue when lit.......
 I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated this corner of the Living Room.......
And Patriotic Tree #3......
 So now you have seen my 3 Patriotic Trees in our Living Room........

I have also been doing a bit of crafting, trying to use up some of the craft supplies in my stash......

I made 2 more Patriotic plaques and decided to hang them here on the mirror in the Living Room.......
The one in the middle I made a few years ago.......
The 2 on each side of it are new.........

I painted a wooden plaque red, glued on a vintage style card that I bought on Ebay several years ago and embellished it with trim and ribbon roses......
I did the same with the other one and also adding 2 blue stars to embellish it......
You may remember in a previous post that I shared this sweet Lady Liberty Bear and a Patriotic Card that I displayed next to it.......
I also "Dabbled" a bit with each of them......
I glued the card to a wooden plaque that I painted red and embellished it with trim and ribbon roses........
And I also decided to glam up Lady Liberty a bit.......
I added some red and blue half moon gems to the stars on her hat.......
I dressed up her sash by gluing parts of the card that I cut off to the sash!!
And I decided to dress up her skirt by adding red and white ribbon roses and blue and red half moon gems to it........
And white and red roses to her sleeves......
I like the difference that it made........


What gave me the idea to glam up Lady Liberty and this Patriotic Doll........
Was this Patriotic Doll that I recently bought at a church Flea Market for $3.00!!!!!
After I spruced her up a bit........
I decided to do the same to the other ones.........

In my next post, I will be sharing my some Patriotic Decor that I added to this area in the Den......
  Including this Patriotic Doll who got a make over.........
 So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Patriotic Party

Summer Time Fun Link Party

WEDNESDAY 
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party- on hiatus until Spetember

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party- on hiatus
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

17 comments:

  1. Happy 4th, Debbie! Love the little birch tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG dear friend ! I so adore your patriotic tree and that white birch tree ! Maybe I can buy red white and blue balls when C'mas comes, as there are none here now and 'copy cat' you in July !
    Happy 4th. dearest !
    Fabby
    Thanks for your sweet comment. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I could count on you to cheer me up with some over the top decor! Love the vibrancy of it all. I can see the love and joy you put into doing up the decorations for each holiday...this one really is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that birch tree! How stinking adorable is that! Girl, I wish I had your energy and your talent! Happy 4th sweet lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb: Congrats on your mention at Keep in Touch. You deserve all kinds of praise for your creations and for the love that you put into them. The patriotic tree, and everything else, is really beautiful..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tree! Love all of your creativity and especially your energy that it takes to put on a fine show of Patriotism. Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your patrotic decors are awesome, especially the tree
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the patriotic vintage images, and I love the cute little bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the feature! It's fun to see your patriotic displays. My collection of Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty figures are out for the summer. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I could not get in touch with you any other way so I am responding here...
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  10. I love the lanterns, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun tree Debbie. The bows on the lanterns are great! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww Lady Liberty, the Patriotic Doll and the little bear look all ready to go celebrate the 4th of July in style. Love how you dollied them up with bits and pieces Debbie. And all you patriotic trees look lovely too. And I hope you have a beautiful 4th of July tomorrow too

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this tree. That peach bowl and pitcher are beautiful and I love the way you spruced up your thrift store doll! Thanks for sharing at the Make Life Pretty Monday link party!
    Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your patriotic tree Debbie, it is beautiful :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the blue and white in the cabinet. Your ornaments are so cute and so patriotic. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch. How are you feeling since your fall?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love those lanterns going up the stairs! You really do go all out!! :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Summer Time Fun party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...