I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, June 18, 2018

A Patriotic Corner in the Living Room, 2018

 Welcome!!!

In my previous post, I shared my Patriotic Tree that I have been doing for several years now in celebration of the Patriotic Summer Holidays!!
And I also shared how I decorated underneath the Tree.......
Click HERE if you missed that post.......

In this post, I will be sharing how I decorated around this Patriotic Tree.......
But first, I want to Thank all of the following hosts who featured my post, Gnome Fairy Garden in a Beverage Tub , from last week's parties!!!!

Thanks to Katie, over at Organized Dream, for featuring it from her brand new party, Make Life Pretty Monday Link Party!!!!
 Please stop by and link up to this NEW party that Katie is trying to get off the ground and support a fellow blogger!!

I also want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing it as one of her features from last week's Over the Moon Party!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!!

And I would like to Thank Claire, over at Claire Justine, for featuring it from last week's Creative Mondays Blog Hop!!
Thanks so much, Claire, for your kind words too!!

And I also want to Thank Michelle, over at Our Crafty Mom, for featuring it among her choices of 15 Creative Summer DIY Projects from last week's Merry Monday Link Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Michelle!!!!!

PLEASE stop by and link up to all these great parties!!!!!!

As i mentioned before, I am going to be sharing how I decorated this corner of the Living Room for the Summer Patriotic Holidays!!!!!

 I have had my Patriotic decorations up since before Memorial Day but decoded to share them closer to July 4th rather than for Memorial Day ......

Memorial Day is more of a Solemn Remembrance of those who made the Ultimate Sacrifice for our Freedom, where July 4th is a Celebration of our Great Country's  Independence!!!!

I always hang a seasonal wreath on my faux window.......
This is a wreath that I made a few years ago........
And a patriotic plaque that I also made several years ago......
 I decorated on both sides of the Tree......
 On the left side of the Tree, on a pedestal.......
 On the top of the pedestal is an urn.......
Inside of the urn is a faux boxwood ball that I tucked red, white and blue flowers and flags into it......
You can see that I also added lights to it......

In front of the urn, sits a Patriotic Nutcracker flanked by star votives........
Sitting below the urn........
Is a United States Marine Bear........
Joe bought this for me as his Dad was a Marine in the Korean War......
Next to the Tree on the right side, is a chair that I like to use as an area to display things on......
This year, I decided to decorate it a bit differently........
I saved a few Thomas Kinkade calendars from past years and I found a picture of the United States Capital........
So I decided to frame it and found a frame in my stash that it fit into perfectly......
It depicts a July 4th celebration in the 1940's or 50's........

You can see that I hung red fairy lights around it.......

I really like the way it looks next to the Tree.......
I have it elevated on a book box covered with a Patriotic place mat........
I displayed a few things on the chair.........
Thomas Jefferson.....
Another Liberty Blue plate.........
You may remember that I showed you these 2 Liberty Blue plates that I have underneath the Tree......
 For America's Bicentennial, Liberty Blue dishes were offered in grocery stores and banks as a promotion........

  Each dish depicts various Historical scenes from the American Colonial Era and are not easy to find nowadays.....

 This is the marking on the back of this plate.....
After taking a look at this mark showing the Old North Church, I realized that this was a saucer and I also had the Tea Cup!!!!!!
It was from the steeple of the Old North Church that the lantern signal was seen to signify that "The British were coming" on the night of Paul Revere's ride!!!!
You can see Paul Revere depicted on the Tea Cup!!
 If you want to read about The Old North Church which still stands today as a Tourist Attraction, please click HERE
Before I changed the display, I had another star votive in front of the saucer that I now moved and placed on top of the blue star behind the plate............

On the other side is George Washington!!!

I also decorated underneath the chair......
I have 2 cute Bears dressed in Patriotic sweaters, sitting on a bench!!!!
There is a milk glass vase filled with red, white and blue flowers to the side of the bench......
A Patriotic card sits on the floor between the bench and a grand Patriotic Lady Bear sitting on a box.......
She is all dressed up in Patriotic finery!!
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated this corner of our Living Room for the Patriotic Summer Holidays........
It will stay this way until a week or so after July 4th......
Then I will switch everything over to my "Under the Sea" Coastal decorations for the rest of the Summer.......
But this is not the only Patriotic Decorations that I have in the Living Room.......

I have 2 more Patriotic decorated Trees to share.........

One on top of the TV Entertainment Center.......
 And another over in this corner by the stairs.......
 I will be posting about these Trees  soon but in my next post, I will be sharing our Cottage Garden in the back yard.......
Before I sign off, I wanted to share some photos of the destruction, the demolition and now the clean up from the Tornado that narrowly missed out home and hit the Shopping Centers right next to our townhouse development....

Joe and I took these photos.......

You can look through the back of Barnes and Nobles and see the sign for Ross which is i the shopping center behind Barnes and Nobles......
My Dad always said that there would never be a tornado here because of the beautiful mountains that surround the Wyoming Valley in which we live.......
You can see that that was just a myth.....

Dick's Sporting Goods was hit head on....
Michael's is next to Dick's and a worker told Joe that the only damage they sustained was 1 broken picture frame!!!!!!!
All the animals in Pet Smart are okay and were taken out by workers in their own cars.....
This building houses several local businesses......
You can see that the Polish Pottery in the windows in the front side of this building are still on the shelves untouched!!!!

But this is what the back and side of this building looks like........
It is still up in the air if they will demolish it and start fresh.....
This entire strip mall where Panera Bread and several other stores including local ones will be torn down.....

This is a side view of another local business.......
Kurlancheek's Furniture.......
It will be torn down but the owner said that she will rebuild bigger and better than ever!!!

We are still in shock that this happened as Tornado's do not usually form here in NEPA!!

We will never think that again.......

In case you missed my last post, this photo shows the path that the tornado took......
 The yellow X on the right side of the photo shows my row of townhouses and how the tornado just missed my development!!!!!

This experience has put life into a whole different perspective.......

To add further insult to injury, another area Shopping Strip Mall which is right next to where we turn in to get to our development caught fire on Saturday afternoon, damaging 3 more Businesses!!!!!!!
It will be closed for a few days until all is cleaned up!!!!
I am beginning to think that my area is cursed!!!

 I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Summer Time Fun Link Party

Friends Sharing Tea Party

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Patriotic Party

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party- on hiatus until September
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
   Awesome Life Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Home Sweet Home Friday

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party!
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Debbie I heard about this storm last week. Great photos of the damage. So happy your development was not hurt. Wow! laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was a close escape, instead of thinking your area is cursed I would be thinking I was truly blessed for being spared the destruction. That would have been some clean up and I imagine a lot of your patriotic decorations are irreplaceable. Now there's a fantastic excuse for the best July 4th party ever! You look all set. I hope you have a calmer week.
    With love Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful patriotic tree, such a unique idea. Wow about the storm, much too close for comfort. I didn't think tornados ever touched down near mountains or hills. So very scary and glad it missed your home. Stores aren't sentimental, so they can be easily replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such strange weather. Tornados in PA! Love the patriotic décor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, Debbie! I hadn't heard about this tornado. That was a close call for you. Happy first day of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, your patriotic decor is so festive! I love your Liberty Blue dishes--I have some too. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your patriotic decorations are beautiful! The tree looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. Hope to see you at the party next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Patriotic corner. I love your collection of July 4th decor. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your patriotic decor! I showed my mother your plates and she was so jealous. She loves Americana decor. Thanks for sharing at the Make Life Pretty Monday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a display! I especially love your blue transferware!! That storm was incredible. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, this all looks beautiful Debbie. Thanks so much for the shout out too. Always love stopping by to see what you are doing :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays. Hope you can join us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your patriotic tree, that awesome DIY patriotic plaque and Thomas Jefferson! Thank you for linking up at TFT! I hope you will come over on Saturday for my Patriotic Party and link up your fun patriotic posts too. Have a great weekend and holiday ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your patriotic decor is wonderful, Debbie! I am especially fond of the Marine Corps bear :) My daddy was a Marine. Have a wonderful 4th of July and I am so thankful that the tornado missed you. Hugs, mb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a brilliant idea to frame one of Thomas Kinkade's calendar pages; I honestly thought it was the real thing! Thanks so much for sharing your festive home with us at the Summer Time Fun party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...