I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Patriotic Decor in the Den, 2018

 Welcome!!!

Today, I will be sharing how I embellished this sweet flea market find that I paid $3.00 for!!
But first, I want to Thank Katie, over at Let's Add Sprinkles, for featuring my post, Patriotic Tree #1,
from last week's Keep in Touch Party!!
Thanks so much, Katie!!

I also want to Thank Sinea, over at Duck 's  n a Row and all the other hosts of Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop for featuring the same post, Patriotic Tree #1, among the Very Popular posts from last week's party!!
Thanks so much to Sinea and all the other hosts!!!

Please stop by and visit these wonderful parties!!!

 In previous posts, I have shared Patriotic Tree #1..........
  Click HERE if you missed that post.......

How I decorated the corner of the Living Room where the Tree is displayed............
  Click HERE if you missed that post........

I also shared Patriotic Tree #2 and my Patriotic "Mantle"......
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

I also decorated this corner of the Living Room by the stairs for the Summer Patriotic Holidays......
Click HERE if you missed that post........

I added a few Patriotic decorations to the Den this year........

It all started with this sweet Patriotic Doll that I bought at a church Flea Market for $3.00!!
She looked a bit dated so I thought that I would do some "Dabbling" and embellish her up a bit!!
I added ribbon roses, trims, flowers and bows!!!

I added a ruffled trim to her hat along with a bow, another trim, ribbon roses and a flower on top.......
I embellished the bows on her pony tails and added trim to the bodice of her dress......
I found this cute heart that was already painted in matching colors so I embellished that too and glued it to her dress!!
It matches the heart that she is carrying in one hand......
I added new flowers to her basket......
I also trimmed the handle of her basket with a trim and ribbon roses and a bow!!
I added trim and a few flowers to the base.....
And trim to her shoes......
 And a ruffled trim to her pants!!
And here she is all spruced up!!!


  Before........                                                     After............

When I bought her, I thought she would be the perfect addition to this display in the Den........
 I already did a post on my blue and red transferware dishes in the china cupboard in the Den.......
 Click HERE if you missed it.......

 I added some different things to it in celebration of the Summer Patriotic Holidays!!
I changed a few things on top of the china cupboard.......
I added this blue bowl and pitcher along with a red tea cup and saucer......
And changed out the blue tea cup and saucer for this red one......
 I also added this cute gardening sign......
"A Thyme to Reap"
I changed a few things on the shelves too........

On the top shelf, I switched out a sugar bowl and creamer for another set.......
I love the structure of this set.......
I also came across another tea cup in Salvation Army........
It goes well with the tea pot behind it.......
On the middle shelf.......
 I added another cup , also found at Salvation army.....
 And nothing new on the bottom shelf.....
Over on the door of the china cupboard.......
 I added a little Patriotic plaque that I made.......
I glue a Patriotic card to a wood plaque that I painted......
And embellished it with trim and ribbon roses from my stash of craft supplies........
Here is where I chose to display my newly updated Patriotic Doll!!!
I think she goes well with the transferware in the china cupboard!!
She sits on a little table next to the china cupboard.....
I love the smile on her face.......
On the table at her base.......
This little Patriotic guy may be a Santa but for my purposes, I am saying he is a chubby Uncle Sam!!!!
Underneath the table, on a chair.......
Sits a flag and a cute Bear all decked out in Patriotic garb.....
On the suitcases underneath the china cupboard.........
I have my Patriotic houses that I bought in Pier One last year.....
I also added another tea cup that I found at Salvation Army that matched a saucer that I already had!!!
All of these tea cups that I bought at Salvation Army that I shared here were 99 cents each!!
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I updated my Patriotic Doll and how I added a few new things to my China Cupboard out in the Den......
This week, we will be bracing for a Heat Wave that will be affecting a huge part of the Country.....
Temp's in the 90's for 6 days!!!!

This is a nightmare for me as I do not do well in the heat of the Summer so I will be held up in our house with the shades drawn and the air conditioners blaring, only leaving the house to water my flowers and go out to work..........

In a future post , I will be sharing how Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, looks decorated for the Summer Patriotic Holidays.......
But in my next post, I will be sharing how our Front Porch looks all decked out for the 4th of July and how my flowers in the front yard have grown since I last showed you them.......

So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Patriotic Party

Summer Time Fun Link Party
 
FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party- on hiatus

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party- on hiatus until September

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. I always love looking at your holiday setups! I fell in love with those dishes too! Especially in the red (my favorite color!!) So I am going to start stalking my area thrift stores to find some!! Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I left a message on your blog post but was not sure that you would see it so I am also responding here..
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Your doll is so sweet and Your transferware collection looks stunning. Thank You very much for being always so deary with me
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Betsy Ross doll is sweet as can be, Debbie! Always love seeing your collection of transferware. Looks very patriotic. Love that dollhouse, too! Happy Independence Day! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your special touches changed your Plain Jane Patriotic girl into a real show stopper.....nice job! Love your collection of tranferware......it makes me think I should get my blue set out for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to take a minute to stop in and say, "hi" to you, Debbie. I hope your summer is going well and hope you have lots of fun things planned. Your friend, Linda @crafts a la mode

    Thanks for linking and joining my party every week! YOU ARE AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your dish collection! Your patriotic decor is awesome! Thanks for sharing at the Make Life Pretty Monday Link Party! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your transfeware is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That doll is adorable! You really dressed her up:) I absolutely love that blue and red transferware. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm (hope you had a great 4th!) xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Old Britian Castles. It may inspire me to pull mine out. Thanks for the shout out. Thanks for you faithful link ups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very festive Debbie! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all those dishes. Such a cute little doll too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Summer Time Fun Party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...