I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Summer Front Porch, 2018, My Very Own Bed and Breakfast

Welcome!!

 This post is part of my series, My Very Own Bed and Breakfast.....

It is a bit lengthy so please grab an Iced Tea or Lemonade and have a seat because there is a little story that I will tell you.....

As I have mentioned many times before, I am a Victorian Soul and I have decorated my home in the Victorian fashion.........

Several years ago, I realized that due to numerous health issues, traveling would no longer be something that I would be able to do....

So I decided to turn our 1970's townhouse into my very own vacation home......

I love the Victorian Era and would love nothing more then to stay in Victorian Bed and Breakfast Homes.......

So I decided that our home would become My Very Own Victorian Bed and Breakfast and I would then feel as if I was on vacation every time I walked through the front door.......

I know this post is a bit later in the Season than I usually share our Front Porch ready for Summer but we have had so much rain lately that I just could not get decent photos!!!!

Finally, we had a nice day yesterday........

As many of you know, I live in a townhouse row of 10 homes with our front porch attached to my neighbor's........
What I may not have mentioned in the past is that we actually put in the wrought iron railings defining the porch because there were none when we moved in 40 years ago......
There are only a few homes like mine in our development who have the railings on their porch!!
 This is my neighbor Lynn's porch , with the furniture on it and her next door neighbor's .......
 You can see that there is no railings....
 
I am glad that we did add the railings so many years ago!!!!!!!
 I grew up in a ranch home that only had a "Stoop" as it was called........

As a young girl, vacationing in Wildwood , N.J. each Summer and staying for a number of years in a Victorian Hotel with a HUGE wrap around Porch, I always dreamed of having a Front Porch to sit out on.....

It may be small and unprotected from the elements but I finally have a Front Porch to enjoy!!!

As you can see, I once again have gone with a red, yellow and orange color theme for the front porch this year.....
It makes it so much easier to transition into Fall when September comes around......
In this post, I am only going to be sharing the front porch itself because at the end of this post, I have a few pictures of how it was decorated for Memorial Day to share too........

Between our porch and our neighbors, I have a black urn and I planted marigolds and begonias in it.....
In my next post, I will be sharing more about the flowers I planted around the porch and elsewhere in the front yard......
Between our porches, is a railing separating them......
Like I mentioned before, I will be focusing on how I decorated the porch itself today.......
Against that railing, I have a few things........
A cute solar lighted mosaic toad stool with the solar panel turned to catch the Sun and a pot planted with red begonias........
I just bought the cute angel pick at a Flower Tent when I bought my annuals!!

Next to the pot , is a post that I have had for many years......
I hung a red lantern that has a solar lighted bottle inside of it.......

A black wrought table bought a very long time ago at a yard sale is next.......
On top of it is one of a set of orange lanterns bought at Sam's Club several years ago, with some faux greenery inside of it.....
And below it , is a Garden Angel and a set of ceramic frogs!!!
And new this year is this charming red milk can with an eagle on it!!!!!
The milk can was my dear neighbor Elly's who recently passed away and her sons said that I could have it!!!
Above the milk can, hanging between my house and my neighbor's is a vintage mail box, filled with red, white and yellow flowers......
I see I need to add a few more yellow flowers to that and that the red flowers have faded in the Sun!!

So I checked my stash and made a new floral bouquet for the mail box!!!
 Much better, don't you think???
 And I think it accents the wreath on the front door nicely!!
 A Solar lighted cherub sits on top of the milk can......
I think the milk can will be perfect when decorating for Christmas, don't you????

I moved the black milk can that I had here out to the back yard....

So this is how the left side of the porch looks when you step onto our porch......
Hanging above our front door is a sign "Welcome to our Front Porch" that I bought at Gabes a few years back......
You can see why I was thrilled with the Eagle on the milk can as I have an Eagle hanging above the door and on the side of it too!!!!
The wreath that I made for the front door reflects my red, orange and yellow color theme for the porch.......
I did add a few more flower this year to make it fuller.......
The bow was made from Burlap Ribbon bought at Dollar Tree!

In front of the front door.......
Is a door mat and a rug........
 The door mat has post marks around the edges ( why Joe, is is a retired Letter Carrier, bought it)!
 You can see it is still wet from the rain!!

The rug was bought at Big Lot's.......

Our porch is small and unprotected from the elements but we are able to have 2 chairs and a table on it........
The porch is shaded all day long until about 4pm when the Sun swings around from the back of the house........
So we like to sit out on the front porch in the morning and the afternoon when it is shaded......

As I have mentioned many times, we have the weeping mortar which makes it easy to hang things from........
And I love to hang decorative plaques and what not from it to decorate the porch......
We had this plaque made about 35 years ago......
The "Welcome Friends" sign in new....Bought it at Gabes last week for $5.99!
The slate I have had and repainted it a few years ago......

A wrought iron wreath and a "Home" sign that I refurbished this year by giving it a coat of Polyurethene to make it look darker as the Sun had faded the colors.......
The 3 piece furniture set was bought at Lowe's quite a few years ago and has held up pretty held in the elements......
And I have also had the cushions and pillows for some time.......
It is the colors in them that i have built my color theme for the front porch around......
The other 2 orange lanterns are on the table in between the chairs....
In the corner is a tree that stays out on the porch all year round and is lit in the evening year round......
When looking for rugs a few years ago, I could not find any that were narrow enough for the porch, so I bought 2 and put them together.......
In the corner......
I planted 2 Dollar Tree pots with marigolds.....

The pots fit perfectly in to stands that i picked up at yard sales and a sweet Fairy sits in front of them......
In the corner, is another table that was bought at Big Lot's but matches the set of furniture......
On the table is a lantern that I bought at a Church Flea Market.....
And a Solar lighted Fairy.....
Underneath the table......
A Frog and a pot planted with a red Begonia.....
It is just a tiny porch but we enjoy it!!!
 And in the evening, we get to watch the Sunset, while sitting out on the porch!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated it for the Summer........
Using a few new things........
By the way, the flag is new....Joe bought it!!

In my next post, I will be sharing more on the pots in front of the railing of the porch......
I did not do any posts yet featuring my Summer Patriotic Decor inside the house or how I decorated the porch for Memorial Day......

I will be sharing the inside of the house  with the Patriotic decorations soon......

I did take a few pictures of the front of the house decorated for Memorial Day that I will show you now........
I will be doing another post on my outside Patriotic decorations for July 4th , also showing how my flowers have filled in more and the pots are fuller.......

In my next post, I will be sharing the rest of the flower pots and the flower beds in the front yard....
And how I ended up with 2 black urns in front of the house for this year.....
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

ONE MORE THING.......

This is in regards to the issue with Blogger not sending the comments on posts by way of email to the owners of Blogs......

Since there have always been bloggers who commented in the past who I did not receive an email in regards to their comment, I have made it a practice of checking the comment section on Blogger or checking the comments under each individual post so I did not miss a comment.

I try to respond to ALL comments on my posts in some way......

Since those who commented took the time to do so and also took the time to visit my post, I believe that the right thing to do is to respond with a comment on their Blog post....

In other words, I believe that I am returning the favor of a visit and I have always believed that this is the proper thing to do instead of responding by a Thank You in an email......

I will continue to do this by looking at the comments on each post or in the comment section on blogger.....

If you do not have a blog or I can not find another way to respond, I will reply on the post that you commented on so PLEASE check back......

This is something that I have been doing for some time now and will continue to do even if blogger fixes this issue......

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Gardens Galore N. 7 Party

Summer Time Fun Link Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party!
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
 Make Life Pretty Party
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
   Awesome Life Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Home Sweet Home Friday

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

23 comments:

  1. I love how you have taken such a small space and used it to show what you like and what makes you happy. I am sure you enjoy it to the fullest and that your sunset watching is spectacular.
    Kari@meandmycaptain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!! I appreciate you taking the time to visit!! Have a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Your porch space is spectacular, it was certainly a great move to add the railings to define the area, and add to the cosy feel. I love the way everything has been chosen especially for your porch, you must have a wonderful year round climate to enjoy (well apart from the rain?) Your neighbours will also enjoy I'm sure. I can imagine you sitting out enjoying the sunset.
    Have fun on your porch today!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, you add loving touches to your home and your porch is no exception. It's all perfect for summer. Love the patriotic touches. And yes, you needed that railing to create the feeling you wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie! I LOVE the cushions and dark wicker especially with the weeping mortar. The railing really make the porch pop. It adds tons of curb appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought this porch was covered, not sure why I thought that. I love your porch and would sit out there too! We put an awning on our deck so that it would be protected some and also it makes it so cozy, like another room! Love your colors here, so pretty. I also like how you decorated for Memorial day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, forgot to say the railings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the railing and the Patriotic decorations. I like also the square orange red planters. I have one and cannot find another anywhere. Would love to have two more. Everything looks so welcoming with a "come sit a spell" feel.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your porch feel like a little room and I love it. I agree that the railings help define the space and gives you a backdrop for your special pieces. Must be so nice to hang out and sit during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie, your front porch is such a warm and welcoming place and I can imagine sitting there with a nice cuppa watching the sunset and chatting away while staying at your 'Bed and Breakfast'! I love all the pops of bright color and your beautiful chairs look so comfy. I do agree that the railings were a very lovely addition and give it that 'front porch' feeling. I love the fairy on the table! Your sweet visits to my blog are the nicest way to 'reply' - as I am a 'no reply' blogger. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you have your front porch decorated. I love the idea of the railings. It was definitely the right choice. It makes it more cozy! Thank you for linking up to the Make Life Pretty Monday link party! I hope very much to see you next week!

    Kate | The Organized Dream

    ReplyDelete
  11. You decorated your front porch so pretty for summer!! I hope you enjoy it out there. Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    It's my pleasure to have featured you.
    Enjoy the week
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your front porch looks nice with the rod iron railing. I think it really adds definition to your arrangements. I enjoy the bright reds in your decor, its very different from the usual blossom colours I use, and its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the rails make a huge difference and I bet your neighbors wish they'd done it too! Love your B&B mentality and the porch. So many cute things to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your front porch is amazing with all these beautiful colours
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful and relaxing space. Your decorating is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comment!! I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am responding here..
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  16. I love your front porch Debbie. It's filled with so much character and loads of special memories too. The weeping mortar fascinates me. I don't think I've ever seen that before but I really like the look. Plus being able to just hang things is a huge bonus. Enjoy it and hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so with you -- front porches are the best! We never had one growing up and I always wanted one. Our first house had a lovely covered porch but since then (and two houses later) no porch:( Your bed and breakfast story is so darling! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have spent so much time and care with your summer porch decor! Love your rugs and your patriotic touches! Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, your porch is warm and inviting to sit a spell. I do love the patriotic decor. Thank you for linking up to Gardens Galore. I hope to see you at the party on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love the railings that define the porch; it was a great idea to add that on. I also love all the bright red accents that just make your decor pop. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Summer Time Fun Linky. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...