Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
I
feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin
Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I
was....
I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
PINTEREST
A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
I
enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and
commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have
a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to
spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post over on my regular Blog, Debbie-Dabble Blog, I shared my Lusterware Collection in my upstairs hall....
Click HERE if you missed that post!!
Thanks
so much to Linda, from Life and Linda, who choose my Blog Post, America 250 Celebration, a Small Project ^ Tree Update, as one of her
features from last week's Love Your Creativity Link Party!!
Thanks
to Melynda, over at Scratch Made Food & DIY Homemade Household,
for choosing my Blog Post, Downed Back Yard Tree, as one of her features
from last week's Senior Salon Pit Stop Link Party!!
Please visit and link up t these charming parties!!
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
It is THURSDAY so what food do I have to share???
My son Joey treats on Fridays as i feed him Dinner every day of the week...
I
had a hankering for Burger King as I had not had anything from Burger
King since my husband Joe became ill and passed away almost 2 1/2 years
ago....
He loved Burger King and Wendy's...
I wanted a Big Fish.....
We got 2 orders of their new mozzarella sticks which were outstanding!
Joey got a Bacon Burger....
I really enjoyed this dinner....
Joey also pays for all my streaming services too in appreciation for me cooking him dinner 6 days a week...
For Sunday, I picked up a pizza with sausage on it from Price Chopper for $10.99
They put a lot of sausage on their pizza's...
I added some seasoning and 2 cans of sliced mushrooms which cost $1.25 a can.....
I ran into one of the members of my Senior Social Club and we were discussing about how much food we had for our America 250 Celebration and how delicious everything was...
She suggested that the next time we do a dinner like that, that people bring the recipes of their dishes that they make....
A great idea....
I
am going to put the word out there for the recipes of what everyone
brought to July's meeting so they can bring them to our August meeting
.....
Everything was so delicious!
I accomplished another painting project this past week......
2 years ago, I painted the faux brick wall in my Living Room.....
This is what it looked like before I painted it.....
I wanted to make it look more like brick as I do love the Moody Romantic look.....
This is what it looked like after I finished that paint project.....
And I was happy with it but I did want to lighten it up just a tad and give it a bit more depth....
So I decided to add a bit of grey to the "bricks"......
I went into my stash and found this, which is a sample container from Lowe's that I bought on Clearance for $1.00 on the "Ooooops" paint rack....
This is where you can find cans of paint people returned after not liking the color, sample containers ,etc....
This is called Cathedral stone.....
All I did was dab it on with sponge from Dollar Tree.....
It definitely added the aged look to it and the depth that I was after....
With everything put back on the wall.....
You can see the difference on this side with the bottom done and the top without the grey added to it....
With the wall decor on this side back up....
Honestly, it really did lighten up the wall a bit and gave it that more aged look I wanted.......
I think the grey actually blends in nicely with all the aqua I have in this room....
And it only took me about 1 1/2 hours to paint...
I apologize for the dark photos....
As you can see, I am redecorating the Living Room in my late Summer Coastal decor....
All I have to do is the Tree, which you can see has been stripped down.....
And I think I am done painting for now....
I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY for a Christmas in July Rudolph Day post over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas.....
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
I am linking up to these parties:
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!











Your wall really has a new look -- the gray and aqua are good together. Your idea for your club members to bring recipes is a good one -- I know I'd like to have them. Your pizza look delicious -- a lot of toppings for a modest price. I had a Burger King club chicken sandwich a day or two ago -- so good. I had a tree "accident" in my yard similar to what happened to you. A very, very large limb came crashing down -- I heard it thud when it hit the ground. Thank goodness it was on the side away from the house so no damage was done. Amazing to think we're only five months away from Christmas -- how time does fly. Take care.
ReplyDelete