-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again!!
I
want to Thank Linda, over at Labour of Life, for choosing my blog post,
2 Paint Projects, as one of her features from last week's Happiness is Homemade Link Party!!

Thanks so much, Linda!!
Please stop by and link up to these wonderful parties....
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
On MONDAYS, I will be featuring What I Have Bought or Been Gifted Recently, if anything...
It's Monday so what have I bought lately which is not much I am proud to say!!
I have been watching some of the Shop with Me videos on You Tube , just checking as to what is out there for Fall and Halloween.....
Not that I am looking to buy more decorations than I already have but just to see what is out there and maybe I can make something out of what I have in my craft stash or arrange what I do have differently...
Last year, I was lucky to find these Johanna Parker Hacks in Dollar Tree that went viral for about 2 years and could not be found....
I was lucky this year to find the 3rd one....
I have seen videos that Ross, Marshall's and T J Maxx is loaded with Johanna Parker Merch. which is heavily sought after by many social media Seasonal decorating influencers...
The Queen is my favorite You Tube Shop with Me person and I have been watching her Dollar Tree and Dollar General visits even though our stores here in NEPA are about a good month behind what is already out on the West Coast and the central United States...
This is one of her videos on Dollar Tree Halloween Merch....
There are a few things that I do have my eye on but whether they will show up here in NEPA in our stores is the question.....
Today, I will be starting my Tour of the Living Room decorated for Late Summer in a Coastal/Nautical theme....
I first started decorating the Living Room for late Summer, using the shells that my late neighbor Elly picked, cleaned and separated.....

Elly lived in Miami during the Winter months before her 2nd
husband passed away....
She had quite a collection and her sons were going to throw them all out......
I could not let all her hard work go to waste so I took them.....
So what is the difference between Coastal and Nautical???????
Coastal means relating to, bordering on, or located near a coast....
Nautical means concerning sailors, ships and navigation; maritime.
Since I started decorating the Living Room in 2017 with Elly's Shells, I have expanded on my original "Under the Sea" theme....
I am going to be sharing the TV Entertainment Center and the area around it decorated in what I call a Pirate's Cove theme.....
I came up with this idea a few years ago after thinking about a few of my favorite movies....
I loved watching The Goonies with my sons.....
And Robin Williams touched my heart in Hook....
I even made Pirate outfits for my sons one Halloween....
I have made most of the decorations for my Coastal/Nautical theme over several years........
These are some of the decorations that I made and used in this area.....
Some of the ornaments that I made with Elly's shells and used on the garland....
I really did not change this area up from last year but I do realize that maybe there are those who have not seen it before....
I decorate the top of the TV Entertainment Center as if it is a mantel....
I bought the fish in Gabes....
One of the Pirates signs that I made....
I hung a wreath that I made on a wreath stand in the center.....

I added the unfinished anchor, that I bought in Dollar Tree, that I painted and embellished to the center of the wreath....

I bought the boat in Big Lot's....
It originally was royal blue and I painted it aqua....
I filled the 2 bottles with small shells....
The right side....
The other Pirate sign that I made....
And I bought the fish in Big Lot's....
I used the evergreen garland that I leave up year round as a base....
I added aqua and white pip berry garland to it along with netting.....
I tucked aqua and white flowers into it....
And hung a few ornaments from it....
A peach and aqua bow in the middle....
I hung store bought sea horse ornaments on each side....
I did change up the garland a bit this year...

The screen saver on the TV is actually my Roku screen saver that my son put on for me....
It is very relaxing as you can watch the fish swim around!!
In front of the TV....
Year round, in front of the TV Entertainment Center sits a chest that, to me, looks like a treasure chest...
I placed a hurricane candle holder next to it that my late husband Joe bought in Wegman's on clearance...
I wrapped a piece of aqua deco mesh ribbon around the candle.....
And used a straw packing material that I saved to fill the base along with a few shells....
Another sign I made with 2 jars filled with shells on each side........
I printed out and then rolled up a treasure map......
I borrowed the keys from a hook out in my Den....
The binoculars were my late neighbor Elly's......
I store wrapping paper and tissue paper inside of the chest.....
In the evening......
I do really enjoy this decorating theme as there is a lot of the color aqua in it which is one of the main colors of my Living Room.....
And I hope you will stop by to visit again on
THURSDAY when I continue my tour of the Living Room decorated in a Coastal/Nautical theme......
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
And try to find JOY in every single day!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE
give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to
reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check
back......
I am linking up to these parties:
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
Love all the aqua -- such a relaxing color. The screen saver is great -- nice to watch fish swim without the task of keeping an aquarium. Lily and Gigi no doubt enjoy seeing the fish. Take care and have a good week.
ReplyDelete