I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, August 28, 2023

Garden Fairies and Tea in the Sitting Room, 2023

 

 

 




 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
 
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 

 Today, I will be sharing the other area of my upstairs Sitting Room decorated in a Garden theme for Summer....

I figured I better hurry up and do so before Summer ends as September 1st is the Meteorological start of Fall....



In my last post, I finished up the Tour of my Kitchen decorated for Late Summer/Early Fall in an Apple & Sunflower theme.....


 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed this post.....
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
First, I want to THANK everyone who took time out of their busy lives to comment or email me about my last post, showing your support and encouragement!!!


I truly appreciate ALL of you who read my Blog posts whether you comment or not!!!

You all mean the World to me!!!
 
 
 
It was cooler on Sunday morning so I was able to wear a jacket to Mass on Sunday morning.....


I have been stuck on a plateau as far as my Weight Loss Journey is concerned for most of the Summer...

As disappointing as it is to me, it is partially my own fault because it has just been too hot and humid for me to do my exercise walking most days....
 
 

I intended to walk inside at the Mall down the road in air conditioning with Joe but that never materialized....
 
I thought that by losing a significant amount of weight, I would not mind the heat of the Summer as much but apparently that has no bearing on my Auto Immune Disease which causes Heat and Sun sensitivity!

Funny thing, even though I only lost between 3-5 pounds as it varies daily because of my swelling due to the humidity, the capri's that I have been wearing all Summer have gotten bigger on me.......

Maybe loosing more inches???

I hope once the cooler weather comes, if it ever does, I will start to lose more weight again as I will be walking more....


I have to buy new jeans and a few pairs of dress pants soon as I got rid of all the ones I had as they were too big on me......
 
I hoped I would have been closer to my Goal weight by now...

But I am determined to get to that weight no matter how long it takes.....
 
So as it stands now I have lost between 53-55 pounds since June 1st, 2022...


For today's post, I am going back into my upstairs Sitting Room.....

You may remember that a few posts ago, I shared how I decorated my faux fire place in a Fairy Garden theme.....




 

 

  If you missed it, please click HERE!!!
 
 
I decorate the Sitting Room in a Garden Theme for the Summer because of the pretty floral wall paper border that I chose for this room and the predominantly yellow and pink color scheme........

Today, I am going to start at the door of the Sitting Room.....
 
 

I hang a wreath on all my inside doors ......

I made a garden wreath for this door for the Summer....


New this year is a Dollar General sign that I embellished a bit and hung in the center of the wreath.....


Hung below the wreath is a cute shovel bought at Ollie's last year......


Hanging above the door......

 
This is one of my favorite quotes as I believe that I am finally, in Retirement, becoming the person that I should have been......


It was written by a woman named Mary Anne Evans who used the name George Elliot for her pen name because in that day, female authors were frowned upon and had to disguise themselves by assuming the name of a male....

 
This room was originally my son Jim's bedroom......
 
After he moved out, I did keep his single bed in this corner and called it the Guest Room but after several years, the thought occurred to me that in 40+ years, we never had a guest sleep over night so I ditched the bed and bought a recliner and renamed it the Sitting Room.....

 
I did keep up the shelf that was above Jim's bed where he kept some books, DVD's and games.....

 
 
 
 I placed doilies and scarves that my maternal Grandmother made on the shelf.....
 
 
 
Of course, I had to display some Pretties on the shelf.....

A porcelain doll head and a candle light with a lamp shade I made.....
 
 
 
You may remember I bought these Home Interiors figurines at the church Flea Market that I recently went to.....


The man was free because his head broke off but all I did was glue it on with E 6000 glue....


I thought they would be perfect in this room because of the Garden theme.....

 
I bought the crystal hurricane candle holder many years ago.....
 
Another porcelain doll head and a bird cage......



I made a garden chandy when I first took over this room after Jim moved out......

 
I glued votive cups with small flower pots filled with flowers to a chandy that I bought on clearance in Ross Dress For Less......

 
I hung a Fairy from it.....
 
 


To the left of the mirrored window is a magnet board filled with memories....


A fairy ornament....



When we were on vacation many years ago in Wildwood, NJ, we went to a craft fair and I bought a bunch of these picture light switch plates.....


I have them all over the house.....

This wash stand was given to me by a neighbor who no longer wanted it.....


I painted it white along with the other pieces of furniture in this room....


I bought an antique Bowl and Pitcher set at a Co Op many years ago......


I filled the pitcher with yellow and bright pink flowers....

Gloves which were already embroidered with flowers that I embellished further......



Underneath is a birdcage that I spray painted yellow and placed it in the matching chamber pot.....


Hanging on the side of the wash stand is a parasol and a plaque I made......




I bought this swag, which is Home Interiors, many years ago at Salvation Army for $5.....


I bought the mirrored window frame with a shelf on it at a flea market....


The smaller pitcher from the set I showed before, a clock , a candle light I made and a Fairy sit on this shelf.....


 
Below the shelf....


A vintage Victorian Boot planter sits on a vintage sewing basket which is filled with magazines....



On the wall in the corner....

 
 2 vintage Lefton umbrella planters.....
 
 
 
 Both of my son's Birth Plates that my niece Lisa made for them when they were born....
 
 
 
 And a tussie mussie that I made....

 
 
 During the Spring and Summer, I have a table in this corner.....
 
 
 
 


I embellished this lamp shade in Victorian style.....


I was gifted this capodimonte lamp by an older couple I knew who were Antique dealers....



On the Tea Table.....


I bought the vase at a yard sale for 25 cents and the Fairies in a tea cup came from Big Lot's



 
 
 One of my very first church Flea Market purchases over 20+ years ago was this vintage tea set....
 
 
 
 I placed the tea pot on a yellow pedestal dish that I also placed a melamine dinner plate underneath and matching dessert plate on top of....
 

 
 The matching sugar and creamer and a Dollar Tree stepping stone.....
 

 
 
 
 
 
Another garden shovel that I bought in Ollie's.....
 
 
 
 Another dessert plate, a small bird cage and a Fairy......
 
 
 
 
 
 A tea cup and saucer along with tea bag caddy dishes
 
 
 
 I covered the tablecloth with a vintage embroidered topper and scarf.....
 


And a doily....

 
The topper has pockets on all 4 corners for tea bags.......



The other side....


I added the ruffle and tassel trim to this blue tablecloth....


The ruffle was the dust ruffle for the single bed that I had in this room....


On the wall next to the table....


I hung a tea cup shelf that I painted white.....

 
I display this Rosie B Tea Set, that was gifted to me by a friend, on top of the shelf......
 
 
 
 I also have a set of vintage crystal candle holders on the top that I bought in Salvation Army....
 
 
 
Some of my Tea Cup Collection....
 

 
 I started to collect tea cups over 35+ years ago.....
 
 
 
 
 

Some are vintage....
 

 

 
 
 Some are new....
 
 
 
 

I do have more tea cups on display throughout the house....
 
Next to the table.....


I redid this " Ice Cream Parlor" like chair years ago, painting it pink and reupholstering it using the sheets from the single bed I had in here.........

 
I bought the Angel at a Flea Market....


A tea pot and a book about Tea....


A vintage doll head vase that I embellished....



The rest of the room is pretty much the same as it was in this post from last year.....





Which was part of my Bed and Breakfast Series......

I mainly use this room to read in the colder months as it is too hot in the Summer because an air conditioner does not fit in the small window without having to pop the window out....

This room will remain this way until October when I decorate the upstairs for Christmas....

YES, I need to start that early as it takes me approximately 30+ days to get the entire house, every room, and the outside decorated by Thanksgiving Day....

And NO, I do not consider that early because after Thanksgiving, I get to sit and enjoy my house all decked out for Christmas without all that stress....


In my next post on WEDNESDAY, I will be sharing more Falloween Buys !!!!




I am itching to start to decorate for Fall but I will hold off until the day after Labor Day....


 I hope you will stop by to visit again on WEDNESDAY !
 
  Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


7 comments:

  1. Your sitting room is the perfect touch for your Victorian Inn. It is the perfect spot to steal away when the temperatures (finally) get cooler and what a gorgeous place to read! I love your chandy - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble with the meteorological versus astronomical fall every year. But this year I figure fall felt like it started about three weeks ago --more gloom, colder temperatures, changing leaves. Something is terribly wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss. I know it is hard. And inches are great too! Summer makes it hard to exercise because of the heat. It will be easier in the Fall. I love your tea room! Your wreath is so adorable. I love the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a happy room, Deb. You have so many beautiful teacups and they are so lovingly displayed. You also have a gorgeous collection of doilies and table scarves. I adore your washstand painted in white - how pretty . I am swooning over your pitcher and wash basin- just gorgeous. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, you look great! Congratulations on the success of your weight loss journey. You are making good progress, Keep focused on your goal! Love seeing all your pretty tea time treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for losing all that weight and keeping it down. Well done.
    Thank you for sharing your links with us at #277 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, thank you so much for sharing with SSPS! There is so much joy in every room you share with us, especially when you share the family also! Have a wonderful week ahead and sorry I took so long to stop by this week, thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...