I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

I Now Have a Pretty Bathroom....AGAIN!!! Bed and Breakfast Series

 


 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so.... 
 
 
 
Today I will be sharing a little bit of a remodeling project in our upstairs Bathroom.....
 
 

In my last post, I shared  some great things that I recently bought and where I already put some of them!!


 





Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

I always say that in my 40's, when all my multiple Medical issues started to rear their ugly heads, I knew that my days of traveling for any distance were over....

So I decided that since I loved the Victorian Era so much that I would turn my 1970's built townhouse into the Victorian Bed and Breakfast that I would love to stay at if I was able to continue to travel....
 
This concept worked so well that now that I am retired, I seldom want to leave my own little Victorian Bed and Breakfast that I created for myself.... 

Because I feel I am now on vacation every single day!!
 
Last Year, I started a Series of posts that I called My Bed and Breakfast Series...
 
 
The posts were on my Dining Room and on the upstairs Sitting Room... 

Today, I will be continuing the Bed and Breakfast Series because after all, what Victorian Bed and Breakfast doesn't have a Pretty Bathroom for their guests ???


 
 Well over 2 months ago, I finished a huge project that was on my 2-3 Year To Do List since I retied....

Have I mentioned that that list has turned into a 4-5 Year To Do List????

  Back in 2012, I transformed the upstairs Bathroom after both my sons moved out within a few months of each other.....

I now had that Bathroom to myself because it had definitely been their Bathroom before they moved out....
 
I added another wall paper border,that I bought at a Flea Market, to the one I already had put up years before .....
 
.  
Doing it up in true Victorian style....

 
 I added new accessories in purple and sage green and bought new towels....

 
And new rugs....
 
 
 I then did a post on the transformation of a plain bathroom used by my sons and called it, " I Now Have a Pretty Bathroom"....
 
Hence why I titled this post " I Now Have a Pretty Bathroom, AGAIN!" 

I was inspired to decorate the upstairs Bathroom all those years ago in the Victorian style like the one that was in the Amelia Suite that we stayed in at the Frederick Stegmaier Mansion right here in Wilkes Barre.....

  
 
 
Another very small but so elegant Bathroom!!!

 
Our upstairs Bathroom is what I call the "smallest bathroom known to man"......
 
I seldom show this bathroom as it is very hard to take pictures in....
 
I do share it though at Christmas because no matter how small it is, I still manage to have a Christmas Tree in it.....




 

 

 

Click HERE if you are interested in seeing  how I decorated it last Christmas....


I do have shower doors but I always had a shower curtain hung because it hid the condition of the floor and the area around the tub and shower door where an over zealous plumber did the worst caulking job that I ever saw......



These are the only pics I could find because I never showed the floor......

Until now......

The first thing I did was to strip the caulk away from the shower door.......

 
I apologize for the lighting on the pictures....small bathroom, hard to get pictures....
 
Next I stripped the caulk away from the floor and almost had a stroke as there was a gaping crack between the tub and the flooring.....
 
 This is not my tub but this is what it looked like.....

No photo description available.
 
I found this picture when I googled how I could repair this....
 
And oddly enough, found out that this is quite common to have a space like this!!
 
 I found wood dowels in my stash and I placed them into the crack to fill it......

I then caulked over it,,,,,,
 
 
 
 Next I adhered a self sticking rubber molding to the bottom of the tub....

 No photo description available.
 
 And caulked around the top of it to prevent it from coming off the tub....

Did I mention that many years ago, my Dad taught me how to caulk?????
 
I had a fan going the whole time working in this small space because I was dying of heat in there........

May be an image of indoors

 You can see just how small the room is....
 
Next was the floor.....

Several years ago, we bought Peel and Stick Flooring Tiles that were on Clearance in Lowe's for under $20 to cover our second floor in the Bathroom which we had installed 36 years ago.....

 
I really liked the look of these tiles......



I still can not believe that I managed to lay this floor down myself.....

No photo description available.

Now granted, it is not perfect!!!

 
But for a Bathroom that people almost never see, it is good enough for me!!!


Making the templates on how to cut the pieces that went behind the toilet were not easy to do....

 
I literally had to lay on the top of the toilet and cut the templates and lay the pieces down after I cut them.....

 
My back was screaming for days afterward.....


Not too bad if I do say so myself....
 
The next thing I did was adhere a self sticking rubber molding where the shower door unit joins the tub....


I also attached a strip to the base of the tub and floor......

 
Looking pretty decent.....



I think it finished it off nicely....


So now, I feel I have a Pretty Bathroom, AGAIN!!!


So let's take a little Tour of this small Bathroom!!

Starting at the door, with a wreath that I made is hanging on it.....
 

 
I hang wreaths on all my inside doors to match the colors of each room.....

May be an image of French lavender

 Looking into the room.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Yes, I still have the same towels and rugs that I bought over 11 years ago in Kohl's....
 
Behind the door.....

 
A swag that matches the wall paper border.....

 
 
 Pictures in the shade of purple....
 
 

 Sachet packets that I had decorated many years ago....


 

 Same purple and sage green towels.....

 

    Now I am no longer afraid to show the floor area by the tub!!!
 
These are items that I made....

These are the type of Victorian style things that I used to sell on EBay and at local craft Fairs....


I bought a plain white toilet paper holder many years ago in Ollie's and covered it with fabric and embellished it....


I recently added the tan ribbon flowers to these items along with the cameos....


I use this waste basket to store towels and bath mats....
 
 

I did not put the shower curtain back up as I no longer needed to hide the ugly areas but I did put up the valance that I made out of the same fabric that I used on the toilet paper holder and waste basket....

 
I may make another valance to change off from the solid purple shower curtain....


The fabric that I used is actually a tablecloth!!!!

This is how it originally looked....

I added purple gimp and beaded trim to the valance....


 

Again using up things in my craft stash......

The borders around the ceiling......

There are planters hung on the side walls of the tub with flowers in them......


 

 

Why these towels have lasted for 11 years is that they are mainly for show and we use other bath towels....

 

 
The vintage His and Hers towels were my late neighbor Elly's.....

A Bathroom this small requires shelving for storage......

This was a plain white shelf unit that I covered with anaglypta wall paper that I had applied a wood stain to.....

I did this 11 years ago.....

I found a piece of wood molding that matches the pattern on the wall paper border in Lowe's on Clearance so I stained it , cut it and glued it to the shelf unit......

I will have to go down to Lowe's to see if they have the same molding and buy more to add to other areas of this shelf unit.....

The top of the shelf unit.....


 
There are no rules that I know of that says you can not put a tea pot and tea cup in the Bathroom!!!

 
 
 
And I would not abide by those rules if they did exist!!
 
 

 
I placed a paper fan in a frame....
 
   
 

I changed out the knobs on the doors with cherub ones bought at a yard sale.....

 
 

 
A trinket box I made out of a Baby Wipe container....


 
My son Joey always liked a clock in the Bathroom and since I have yet to find a small one, I still use the one he had in here....

A tissue box cover I made.....
 

 
 And this was a hand mirror made by Popular Creations that I bought at a yard sale and embellished....
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
The only way this Bathroom could be any smaller is if this was a pedestal sink and also just a shower stall instead of a tub.....
 
 You can see that I also covered the cabinet under the sink with the wood stained anaglypta paper.....
 
 
 
We still have the original light fixture/medicine cabinet that is 45 years old....
  

But we did have a Ceiling Light/Fan fixture installed about 35 years ago.....
 
 
 
 Another swag hung above the light fixture....
 
 
  
 
 
 And the purple glass votive candle holder are Home Interiors...
 
 The brass sconce was bought at a yard sale many, many years ago.....
 
 
 
 I made the night light cover and fan ornament.....

  
 


Since the toothbrush holder and soup dish mounted on the wall with the tiles did not work with the new bath set accessories I bought 11 years ago in Kohl's, I used them as shelves.....




I have just enough room on this small sink to place the accessories here.....

I have kept mouthwash in crystal wine decanters in both our Bathrooms for over 40+ years now....


Sorry the lighting was not good but I do hope you enjoyed seeing My Pretty Bathroom since I now consider it Pretty again!!!

 
I think it fits right in with my Victorian style!!

One funny thing I want to mention is that my good friend Anne Marie, who has probably seen this bathroom more than anyone else, told me when she saw it after I did this project that she never realized I had shower doors, let alone mirrored ones!!!!

I guess I hid it well!!!!
 
 
 I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY for my next post.... 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


17 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I am in awe of your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom is so elegant and feminine, Deb. The flooring looks amazing . You have quite an eye for detail and adding those special touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable powder room!. Great job on the floor too! I have same colors in my bedroom and bath. I also love the tea set. I recently got a vintage set to add to one I had that was my Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Debbie!
    Your mirrored shower door and new flooring really makes the bathroom sparkle! ✨(And what a terrific caulking job you did.) In my opinion, a teapot, or anything else, can go in any room of the house that makes you happy..I have one in my bedroom and am considering putting one in my bathroom...😊 Lovely!💜
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps. I forgot to mention that I've kept mouthwash in a decanter for years, and those embroidered fingertip towels are precious.

      Delete
    2. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!I wanted the mirror to visually increase the size of the room and also brighten it up as it also reflects the lighting...I love now that I do not have to keep it covered up because of how bad the flooring had looked. It is the mirror I use when I get dressed when we are going out to see what the heck I look like because I can see head to toe....Getting those shower doors with that mirror was one of the smartest things I did over 30+ years ago....I hope your week is going well!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Great bathroom. I admire your many talents. How many beautiful trinkets you have... Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!
      Thank you for your kind words!!
      I hope you are having a good week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Definitely a pretty bathroom worthy of any Victorian B&B! I love how the floor turned out and you did an excellent job fixing up all the caulking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so pretty and ornate! You did a great job with the flooring. Thanks for joining the Weekend Traffic Jam link up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your decor, as always! I have featured you this week at http://www.ahomemakersheart.com/ at Encouraging Hearts and Home! Thanks so much for sharing! And you did awesome on the flooring! That's a hard job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are sure a fixer upper gal! Beautiful work and everything looks so nice and fresh. I know you are happy i is all done. Happy weekend Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you have so many pretties here as always. The bathroom redo is super cute and well done! Your dad would be so proud of you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of hours, labor of love and hard work. Well done.
    Thank you for sharing your various links with us at #274 SSPS Linky. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, thanks so much for sharing with SSPS #274. Always something fun to learn and see when I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your place reminded me a bit of my grandmother’s apartment. She enjoyed a lot of floral decor like you do.

    Thank you for sharing your work at the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You never cease to amaze me how you incorporate Victorian decorations into all parts of your home Debbie. Bathroom looks fabulous, you did a wonderful job. By the way, I love cameos, and collect them. I also love the way you have them in your bathroom. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...