I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, August 25, 2023

Late Summer/Early Fall Apples & Sunflower Kitchen Final Part, 2023


 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 

 

In my last post, I shared the counters and the Beverage Bar area of the Kitchen decorated in a Late Summer/Early Fall Apple and Sunflower theme..........

 

 

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

I feel I need to say something about Comments after a recent altercation this past week with another Blogger....

I want my Blog to be a SAFE place for everyone who visits...

Meaning NO judgements....

 

I am aware of the amount of people who visit by the number of views and I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to all who take time out of their very busy days to drop by and see what I have been up to!!!

This Blog is a personal journal of my life and nothing more.... 

I post about what goes on in my life and in my home even though I was told there is "just too much in my posts about my messy house" and should do posts "only about one single thing"

This is the way I like to post and that is all that matters...

I did get a really good laugh out of that one though!!

LMAO!!

The majority of you who stop by, do not comment and THAT IS PERFECTLY OKAY!!!

I would NEVER EVER insist or pressure anyone to comment who was kind and gracious enough to visit me here...

I KNOW that we are all BUSY and that some have several reasons for not commenting and ALL IS GOOD WITH THAT!!!!

As I said, this Blog is a SAFE place for all who visit!!!

I was told that if I am not going to comment immediately than I should just quit blogging all together because it takes me awhile to return comments and I usually do it weekly...

And I say "Life happens" to that!!

So I want to THANK EVERYONE who takes time to visit with me whether you comment or email me or not!!!

I truly do APPRECIATE all of you!!!


And with that being said, let's get on with my crazy posts about my "messy " house, shall we?????

The other day I cleaned up the back yard and found this begonia growing in the crack of the walkway!!!!

 
I guess it reseeded from last year or maybe even this year!!!

 
I also want to show you these.....

 
You may remember this "silver dollar" plant that popped up in my neighbor Ed's yard....


I cut a few branches off, dried them and now have something to add to Fall arrangements!!!



Today, I am going to finish the Tour of my Kitchen decorated in an Apple & Sunflower theme for Late Summer/ Early Fall.....

I left off here, right before the refrigerator, in my last post.......


On top of the fridge....





A vintage yellow enamelware coffee pot filled with Sunflowers and Apples......



On top of the bread box.....


An Apple sign from Hobby Lobby and an apple I made from toilet paper, both in red and white buffalo checks.....

 
2 glass jars that I decoupaged graphics on to.....


A pot filled with apples wooden sign.....


 
I found red and green beads in my stash so I added them to the lamp shade.....


You may remember that I got this for free at the church flea market that I went to not long ago....


I painted it and decoupaged a graphic that I ran of from the computer on to it....


I hung it here on the side of the fridge after I took the first batch of pictures....

 
 
 
 

My Apple rugs and Apple and Sunflower dish towels....


The counter bar.......



I designed this so I could have extra counter space and more storage and had a friend build it for me about 40 years ago.....


On this side of it  is my vintage Laundry display.....


Vintage wash board, iron, hand made clothes pins in a mason jar and a Clorox bottle...







I added 2 cloth apples that I received from a former co worker to the garland....

 
The galley sign came from the local Red Lobster which held a "yard sale" when they were remodeling about 20+ years ago.....
 
 
 
 


The lamp belonged to my late neighbor Elly.....




More apples that I made out of toilet paper......



I sewed 2 Dollar Tree place mats, bought last year, together to make a runner....



The other apple....



I did something different......


Since we have been having some cooler days reminiscent of Fall, I set up some of my soup bowls on the counter bar.....


I used my old mug tree but took the bottom 2 pegs off of it and hung 4 soup mugs on it.....


My 2 Campbell's soup ones....

One that says cozy that was gifted to me by neighbors....

 
And a solid white one....

I love a good bowl of Soup in the "Ber" months and now my soup mugs are right there for me.....




I designed this counter bar so I would have somewhere to put my Microwave.....


And have storage underneath for my mixer, food processor, cook books , etc....

I hung my Sunflower cafe curtain here to cover that storage area...


The storage on this side is for my George Foreman grill, My Nostalgic Hot Dog Griller and Joe stores a crate that holds his soda bottles underneath the shelves......


On the stool is a galvanized bucket that holds all of Joe's goodies like potato chips, cookies, etc....
 
On the side of this counter bar.......


More Sunflowers and Apples......


A hoop that I made.....

 
The Apple Pie sign was bought many years ago at Michael's......


I also wanted to share this area lit in the evening, which I love......




The lamp on the counter bar....


I hope you enjoyed this Tour of my Kitchen decorated for Late Summer/Early Fall in an Apple and Sunflower theme........







In my "Messy" house!!

LMAO!!
 
The Kitchen is my favorite room to decorate and will remain like this until around the third week of September when I decorate it for Falloween!!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend!!

And I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY for my next post!!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

21 comments:

  1. Why am I still surprised how rude people can be when they're anonymous? Social media is full of them. UGH. Something about that tiny begonia next to the angel seemed sweet. I would guess it will die back when weather cools off.
    Maybe you don't want to share this which is fine, but is there a due date for the girls? Is Danielle feeling well?
    Have a good weekend. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ,
      The funny thing is this person was not anonymous...The twins are due in mid January but I suspect it will be sooner than that...Danielle is feeling well and still working but is tired which is to be expected...Thanks so much for asking...I appreciate you taking the time to visit !! I hope you have a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. I so enjoy your blog and your photos, it’s like a gift and a nice letter from a friend. Thank you for sharing and have a terrific weekend! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V,
      As always, thanks again for stopping by and for your very kind words!! I truly appreciate it!! I hope you have a lovely weekend, my friend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Ok, the toilet paper apples are genius! I love those Debbie, I am thinking I may try one myself. teehee. I am sorry to hear you have been receiving some not so nice comments. My momma always said, if you do not have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Now... I read blogs for years, but I had no idea bloggers actually wanted to hear from me, lol, I just would read, then move on, keep the ideas I wanted and do my thing. Blogging can be a hard gig, but you blog for you, no one else. I started my blog out of boredom during covid since I had read them for years. A friend said you can stretch a dollar, give it a try, and so I did. Then I got sick, and had to quit working, and I was like what do I do? So, I kept blogging. I was happy to make new friends since I haven't been able to get out and about, once that happened, friends did not know what to say, and so they said nothing at all. I admit, I had hoped to make up some of my loss of income, but heck, that is harder than one would think. I enjoy writing and making people laugh, but I am going to slow down a bit more with blogging. So through all of this ramble, be you, do what you love, and enjoy every minute of it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad I missed all that! Is there some power that is forcing people to read blogs they don't like? Or maybe if you don't like a blog, you can just skip reading it? Hmmm. Meanwhile - the teeny tiny begonia! How sweet! Again, love the red and yellow in the kitchen. It is just perfect for August, and perfect for September. It is a cheerful way to welcome the cooler temperatures we are all praying for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, you are such a joy. I love the positive attitude that you have after going through that this past week. You have such a warm and inviting home and I feel honored and grateful to be able to visit . Thank you so much for opening your life and home up to us and for being a constant inspiration. Now I am going to have to make some toilet paper apples - how clever!!! Love your kitchen!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little angel with the volunteer begonia is so sweet.. I love red and yellow and especially sunflowers and apples. I have to go to garage and get my stuff out and put some harvest looking items around in my home. I just cannot believe this year is moved by so fast. still no rain here and hot as heck.
    I see where someone is impatient with hearing a response to comments. It's a comment, ya don't have to. I may take a little time to respond to comments unless the commentor leaving them has an email address attached to it, in which I respond right after reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. You live in a different state than I do, have different stores for shopping, and have talents that I do not. I am a little older than you, but I am also in the retirement phase. Like you, travel is not much of an option for me now. I think it is wonderful to be able to see how people in other parts of the country live and how they use their talents. It expands my world to get glimpses of theirs. With regard to the comment chastising you for a messy house, I do not find your home to be messy at all, but rather very thoughtfully arranged and interesting. I am amazed by all that you get done. Thank you for sharing your home, family life, garden, views of nature, and creativity through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely want to Thank you for taking the time to visit with me and to leave such a heart felt comment...It is because of people like you that I continue to blog...So THANK YOU!!! I am very happy to learn that you enjoy my blog and like seeing how things are in my little corner of the world. That is why I started to blog in the first place...It does open up one's world a bit more and I have learned so much from my fellow bloggers.....I hope you have a fantastic weekend and thanks again for your support and encouragement!!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. I was just thinking the other day I need to put away my spring/summer decor and put out some fall ones. I need a rainy day though, and it seems like we never have any of those anymore. I love the self-seeding begonia. I found two petunias who self seeded in my garden path.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wee begonia blooming by your sleeping angel. And the money plant -- I think I will have to go cut some of mine (if they still exist after a summer of neglect). That's a wonderful idea. When I get home I'm going to have to start decorating for fall or it will be over before I know it.

    Debbie, I'm so sorry you have had this experience. Let me just say that a) you're not alone in being late to reply to comments and, in fact, you are far better than I am. And if you never replied (as many bloggers don't, for a number of reasons) that would be OK. Second, you post what you want. We do our blogs for ourselves (most of us) and they reflect what we choose to share. If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to visit. Those who do a single topic blog or a blog that relies on advertising may have their own agenda and it works for them. (To be honest, I mostly don't visit ad blogs anymore unless they are very discreet. My ad blocker also helps with that.) Unless you are blogging for someone else or professionally for a company who hires you to blog, that content should not be dictated by anyone. That someone would be crass enough to mention that says far more about them than it does about you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb, after reading about your run-in with that rude blogger who would dare insult your work and home, I felt compelled to write and THANK you for sharing your time and creativity with us. I live overseas at the moment but when I stop by your blog, I immediately feel transported back home in the most wonderful way. Thank you for your time and efforts; even if I don't comment every time, please know I'll be swinging by again soon and so enjoy your work and what you share with us near and far. Judy 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy,
      THANKS so much for your sweet and encouraging words!! I am very happy to hear that you enjoy my blog and it brings to mind memories of home for you!! It is because of people like you that I continue to blog....Thanks so much for taking the time to visit...I truly appreciate it!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  11. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all...just smile. That was pounded into me early on from my mom and grandmother. Of course gramma muttered it in Danish, which she often did her criticisms in. It's always a tone of a message that is so disturbing and some people are just blunt---all the time...speaking of my Danish roots. Um, really love the sweet cider jar arrangement with the apples. I always loved theme arrangements when I worked as a floral designer, it was a great way to sell products from across the store. Your kitchen reminds me of my shop in the 90's when I had a corner devoted to red and apples, items which I couldn't keep in stock, and the faux apples always had bites in them from toddlers. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete


  12. In your kitchen, Debbie is very cheerful.
    What is the American recipe you most often make?
    I always like to know American recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, someone is an expert and knows how you should blog? I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with that, Debbie. Just be you and if someone doesn't like it, they can go somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The joy you feel shows in the home you share! Thank you for sharing with SSPS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That lamp is a true treasure! Thank you so much for sharing on SSPS, hope to see you again next week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, I say to each their own; I don't care if someone visits and doesn't comment (many do and I completely avoided commenting on any blogs at all for my first several YEARS of blogging!). I also think some people might have "messy" (I can't believe someone said that to you!)/ decorated houses, others have very clean and stark looking houses and some have in between; some bloggers have lots of photos and some have none, some only use stock photos, and some never do. I love that you are authentically you and show all the crafts and decorations that make you happy and make you YOU! Those tissue roll apples are so cute and I love how warm and inviting your kitchen looks at night with the softly glowing lights everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, I saw that other people liked your angel out with the coleus and begonias, too! It was one of the first things I liked (had to pin it, along with a couple of other pics). :) It's fun to decorate with apples and sunflowers! Years ago I made my daughter and I matching sunflower dresses. They were really cute!! Miss my Amy when she was small... Really fun kitchen look for fall!

    Happy to have shared your post at last week's Share Your Style #402 for you. <3 Enjoy this week's cooler weather!
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...