I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Easter "Dabbling" and Decorating, Easter Mantel....







 

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 
 Today I will be sharing some Easter "dabbling" and "decorating"!
 
 In my last post, I shared A Few New Things and a Project or Two...





 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!!

 

I want to Thank, Linda, over at Life and Linda, for choosing my post, Saint Patrick's Day China Cupboard, as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity Link Party!! 


 Thanks so much , Linda!!

Please take some time to stop by and link up to this charming party!!!

 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 Food of the Week.....

This is becoming quite a popular feature of my posts as I receive so many comments but more emails on what we eat during the week!!

Who knew??

Glad you like it!!

Sunday, since we bought potato pancakes on Friday, Joey treated us to Dinner on Sunday instead...

We decided on Buffalo Wild Wings which is right up at the top of the hill at the entrance into our development and the apartment complex where both our sons live......

Convenient, huh??

That is why we love living here so much and why our sons chose not to leave this area....

Joey went with chicken that Buffalo Wild Wings is known for in the form of Wings and Naked Chicken Tenders!!


Joe got the All American Burger and that is our plate of "Community" Fries....


I opted for a side of Tater Tots which were shared by all and the All American Burger with bacon on it!!

 
 So Good!!

 
 
 
As I have said before, for a place known for it's Chicken, they sure do make a mean Burger!!!!
 
 
 On Monday, I usually make a favorite dish of Joey's and Joe's....
 
 
 
Quick and Easy, Tried and True Basic Campbell's Chicken and Rice Dish....
 
I have made this since I am married but this is my take on it....
 
I cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces, use Cream of Chicken Soup instead of Cream of Mushroom and add chicken broth instead of water...
 
The original recipe calls for Broccoli which I can not eat unless I medicate to prevent dire circumstances and no one else in the family likes..... 
 
So Joe and Joey eat it plain....
 

And I add mushrooms to mine....


Very filling which is why I can only eat a small bowl....
 
We have it on Mondays because Joey calls it comfort food on the first day back to work after the weekend!!
 
LOL!

Next up are the Reheat and Eat Dinners from the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins Food Service for this week!!

Italian Stromboli with Marinara Sauce which we will have as a separate dinner on Thursday....

 
  
 
Joe got the Sweet Glazed Meatloaf with Yukon Garlic Mashed Potato & Grilled Vegetables
 
 
 Yes, he has actually been eating brussel sprouts....
 
And Joey and I each got the Fried Chicken with Cavatappi Mac & Cheese w/ Roasted Seasonal Vegetables which is carrots


I will eat Joey's carrots after taking my Bentyl and most likely give him some of my chicken as there are 3 huge pieces with each dinner.....

But I really can not wait to dig into that Mac and Cheese!!!
 
I will be heating them up today for Dinner....
 
 
Winter is still very much with us here in NEPA....
 
 
This is what it looked like when the snow started falling around 7am this morning....
 


And now, about 4 hours later....




It is coming down pretty good now and is supposed to continue until around 5 pm tonight....


More snow to come on Saturday and it may be a plowable amount...


Even though Winter is still with us outside, I am slowly packing it away inside....

On Sunday and Monday, I packed up all Winter decorations in the Den....

I took down this Tree....


And had Joe take it down to our Storage Shed where it will remain until next November....

I then cleaned, polished furniture and put the room back to "Normal"




 
I put the stained glass lamp that Joe's Aunt Mary gave us back in place....

 
I will change the curtains to my burgundy lace ones in April to help keep the bright Sun out of the room which will only heat it up causing me to use the air conditioner more.......

 
I will remove the Winter decorations from the outside of the doll house and decorate it for Easter on the weekend...


I still have my Saint Patrick's Day decor in the China Cupboard and the area surrounding it up....


You can read about it HERE and HERE
 
I will keep it up until the week after Saint Pat's Day, then returning it to normal....
 
 
Tuesday, Joe finally decided to have our plumber come and replace our dripping Kitchen faucet....
 
I swear we do this every 3-4 years so those life time warranities on faucets are a lie!!
 
LOL!! 

I let him now take chage of things around the house needing repair since he is retired....

Did I mention that this faucet has been dripping for about 2 months now????

I wanted one similar to what I had with the brushed bronze finish.....
 
Joe found this one at Lowe's....

 
It was only $99 which is cheaper than what we paid for the last one...


I actually like this one better because I think the handles have more of an antique look to them....

 
This is the old one with the more streamlined handles....

 
The new one is on top and the old one on the bottom....

 
See what I mean????

 
Yep!
 
 I like this one better....


And it still has the arched faucet to get large pots under AND most of all, it matches my huge ceiling light fixture!!!!
 
 
 Which has the brushed bronze end caps on it!!
 
 
 
Since there are no windows to the outside in the Kitchen, I have "sunlight" bulbs in this light fixture so when turned on, it is very bright in there!!


Thank Goodness our plumber had not retired as he has been our family's plumber for over 40 years...

He always attributes my Dad for encouraging him to leave the company that he was working for at the time and start his own business...

After the Agnes Flood in 1972, my sister's home was one of the first jobs he had when he started his business...

He also did all the plumbing for my niece Renae's inground pool....

He has given us names of other people for when he retires but it will not be the same as having a family friend to the work for you...


So while Joe was downstairs shooting the breeze with our plumber, I decided to do a bit of "Dabbling"....

I went through my stash and got out gimp trims, ribbon flowers and some paint and got to work.....

You may remember that Joe bought these Egg signs at Dollar Tree recently....



Well, here is what they loo like now....




The Cross was bought at 90% off last year in Big Lot's by Joe after Easter and cost 80 cents!!!

It says " He is Risen" on it...


Now....



I am quite happy with how they came out....

Here is where I hung them....

 
You can see that I also hung the Easter Cross that I made from a form that I bought at the estate sale of a local Florist several years back....

 
Not sure if I will keep the sign in the middle there but I am sure I need to "dabble' a bit with that one!!


And here is the cross....



Also in my last post, I shared that I changed over the drapes and curtains in the Living Room over from Winter....




To Spring/Summer....





I also decided to "dabble" a bit with a Bunny that I have had for some time now....



I added a bit of trim and ribbon flowers...



I also started to decorate The Living Room for Easter and since I did not have much time left on Tuesday, I was only able to do the top of the TV Entertainment Center which I decorate as if it was the mantel on a fireplace....



I usually set up this putz house village here but this year, I decided to move these Bunnies over here from the Hutch where I displayed them since I bought them at a church flea market for $3 each!!



Let's take a closer look....

 
The purple and aqua deco mesh bows on the aqua mercury glass candle holders are the same color as the bows that I use on the larger Easter Tree and a smaller Tree that I will also be decorating for Easter this Tree....

 
The Easter Putz houses were bought at the Christmas Tree Shop several years ago....

 

 

 
I decorated this small white tinsel tree with egg garland, egg ornaments , added Egg lights and a purple and aqua deco mesh bow as a topper....

 
 



 
 
I made the 2 Peat Pot Easter Baskets....





 



 
 
I like how it looks this year....


Today, I will be working on the 2 other Trees in the Living Room which will become Easter Trees.....

I hope to share the rest of the Living Room decorated for Easter in Sunday's post.....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on Sunday!!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Hopefully this rain and snow will not stick and Saturday won't be too bad either. I'm looking forward to spring arriving soon. All of that food looks so good and yummy. I like how you are transiting over to Easter decorations now. Take care and enjoy the rest of the week Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you change your drapes and curtains seasonally. It really changes the whole look of the room and creates a whole new space! Your dabbling came out wonderfully. You really upgrade the look of your Dollar Tree finds. They are just beautiful.

    Thanks again for the meals pix. You do live in a perfect place for carry out! I am making my list so I can start menu planning. It would be more fun if I could just send my husband to pick them up. That stromboli!!! And the fried chicken? My mouth is watering. We need a report on the mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new faucet, Debbie. I could sure do with updating mine! Your Easter is so pretty -- still too early for me to dig mine out (Easter is late this year) but soon, I think. It's such a joyful burst of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cheerful, Debbie. I love your home.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you always come up with such cute upgrades for Dollar Tree and Big Lots finds. I visit those stores often and when I see something that I sort of like, I usually grab it. I always check your blog because chances are you've got it too and you made it 10 times better! Loved your St. Paddy's Day cupboard and I'm excited to check out your Easter decor. Thanks for all your inspiration! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, I don't know how I am missing you over here! YOu always have the best decorations for all the holidays. all that food looked so yummy too. I am tired of winter, praying for Spring to come make a long commitment to hanging around here. I like your chicken and rice recipe too.I am making a chicken enchilas casserole tomorrow. I use cream of chicken soup with green chili and cheese and layer it with corn tortillas. But now I think I am going to make your chicken and rice later in the week too. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful decorations and food and recipe ideas. Have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty Easter decorations and that food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your exciting decor at Funtastic Friday.Always a treat to see what you have been creating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Easter decorations are so cute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine all the work that goes into your seasonal transitions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you upgraded those Easter Egg decorations, such a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Easter decor is so pretty, and that food looks so delicious! I especially love the Easter egg signs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow. Time to haul out the Easter decor! Your Easter crafts and decorations are delightful! Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 11.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute Easter egg tree! Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 100 for Spring Crafts and Décor. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many inspirations and creativity you put together in your home for Easter. I like what you do with the egg sign. Thanks for sharing it, Debbie! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...