I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Saint Patrick's Day China Cupboard, 2022



 

 

 

 
 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
 Today, I will be sharing the first part of my Saint Patrick's Day decorations in the Den.....

In my last post, I shared how the upstairs looked after the Christmas decorations were taken down and packed away.....






 Click HERE if you missed it.....

And I also did a Rudolph's Day post over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas, and shared how I am planning and crafting for next Christmas.....

 

 

 
 
 
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....
 
 
And now, a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 Our poor grand pup Azumi not only went for her first hair cut this week.


But also got spayed the next day...

This is our sweet baby relaxing at home...



Her Mom and Dad took some time off to care for her and make sure Faye does not get her all excited and starts to jump around which she is not supposed to do...

 
 These were the Reheat and Eat meals that we ordered this past week....
 
 
Orange Chicken Lo Mein for me
 

 And Joe tried the flank steak
 
 
 
He actually liked it even with the chimichurri sauce.....

And he also brought home an order of Chicken Fingers and Fries which he says is one of his top sellers when he is working at the Concession Stand....
 
 
 
 It is only $6....
 

Not only did I go out for my monthly haircut this week.....

 
But I also went to a Hockey Game!!

We treated our niece Renae and great nieces Caitlin and Carly to the game as their Team is the Lehigh Valley Phantoms which were playing our Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins....


 
In my last post, I mentioned that 222 was my Angel Number because of my Dad.....
 

When driving to the Arena that evening, the car in front of us had 222 on their license plate!!

Thanks, Dad, for the sign!!!

Cortney was there but she was working as she is part of the Ice Crew!!!
 
 
 
Cort is like a rock star out there on the ice but she has played hockey since she was a child and built her own ice rink in their back yard!!!!

 
  
 
 
 Caitlin and Carly were thrilled that Cortney was able to take them down to the ice by the glass....

 
 Cortney is behind the glass in the orange with Cait and Carly to the left of her.....
 
Caitlin works at the Toyoto Sportsplex in the concession stand where Joe works and got a ride on the zamboni there during a slow time...
 
 
On our way into the Arena parking lot, we passed the future site of the new Hobby Lobby ....

Construction has started on the Strip Mall that is being built first and then Hobby Lobby will be built behind it....

 


The newspaper reports that Hobby Lobby will be finished at the end of this year and maybe the beginning of next year....

I better start saving my money now!! 

LOL!!
 

 I also had a dentist appointment on Thursday....

WOW!!

 Going out 3 times in one week!!

A new record for me!!


Joey's treat for Friday dinner was pizza from one of our favorite eateries, Serpico's....

This time we got a pizza topped with bacon...


And one with sliced meatballs....


We were a bit disappointed that the Holy Trinity Orthodox church had to cancel their Potato Pancake sale for Friday because of the weather but we will be getting their delicious Polish Potato Pancakes next Friday......
 
We had another Ice Storm on Friday but this one was mainly Sleet and not the Freezing Rain like last time....


 
Yesterday, on the 26th, it was the 35th Anniversary of my Dad's passing....
 

This was the last picture taken of him, several days before he passed away....
 
You can read 2 Blog posts that I wrote about my Dad HERE and HERE.... if you like...

I thought it was only fitting to remember and honor my Dad by making the Chicken Bone Broth Soup, that he made almost every week, and taught me to make .....



It will be perfect for a cold and snowy Winter weekend....

Snow showers on Saturday morning...



And the threat of snow squalls today on Sunday...
 
I will be serving the soup with sandwiches, just like my Dad loved!!!
 
Like I have said before, Winter is not done with us yet here in NEPA!!!
 
 

Since it is the end of February, I thought I had better get out my Saint Patrick's Day decorations.....
 

I had to pack away the Christmas decorations that I left out as Winter decorations first.....

This is what the china cupboard looked like decorated for Christmas.....


And for Winter......


And now for Saint Patrick's Day....



The Den is the only place in the house that I decorate for Saint Patrick's Day because the rest of the downstairs gets decorated for Easter which in some years, has occurred within 2 weeks of each other........
 
I have too many decorations to try to quickly decorate for Easter right after Saint Patrick's Day....
 
I originally, about 10 years ago, used to decorate a tabletop Tree for Saint Patrick's Day in the Dining Room....
 
I then decided to decorate the 4 foot table top Tree in the Den for Saint Patrick's Day so I could decorate the Dining Room more easily for Easter....
 
In 2016, This is what my Saint Patrick's Day Tree looked like......
 
 
 
 
 
 This was also the year I stated to decorate the china cupboard as I had bought my green Old Curiosity Shop dishes in Salvation Army the Summer before....

In 2018, I decided not to decorate this 4 foot Tree anymore for this Holiday and repurposed most of the ornaments into decorations inside and around the china cupboard....

 
 The ornaments that I truly did not know what else to do with ended up on a small white Victorian feather Tree....

 
 Last year, after deciding to leave a small pathway Tree out in the Den to decorate for Winter, I decided to leave it up for Saint Patrick's Day too which led to me deciding to leave it out year round.....
 
 
 
 Today, I will be sharing the china cupboard in the Den....
 

The top of the china cupboard.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For several years now, I have been decorating for Saint Patrick's Day using my green Old Curiosity Shop dishes that I bought in Salvation Army.....
 
 
 
 
 
 The vintage styled Saint Patrick's Day card was one of several that I bought at Michael's a few years back.....
 
 
 
 Next to it is a shamrock ornament and a Leprechaun's Hat from Dollar Tree sits on the tea cup.........
 
 
 
 I made the wreath and I hung it on a wreath stand....
 
 
 
 I added another one of those vintage styled cards to the center of it....
 
 
 
 The angel is a Jim Shore ornament....




 
 
 
 
 To me, this Home Interiors figurine reminds me of an Irish Lass.....
 
 
 
 
 
 My friend Anne Marie gifted me some beautiful vintage Saint Patrick's Day postcards.....
 

 
 I will be showcasing some of them throughout this post....
 

The back....

 
 
 
The postmark shows it was sent in 1919....

 
 
 
 A Saint Patrick's Day card.....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I like displaying the Old Curiosity Shop dishes inside of the china cupboard.....
 
 



The top shelf.....


I hung this stained glass angel.....



The dinner plate.....
 

 
A sugar bowl and creamer set that I bought in T J Maxx.....



Another vintage postcard.....

 
 It is actually a Birthday card with a four leaf clover....
 

 
 
It looks like this one is postmarked 09, meaning 1909.....
 
 

The plate that I used in the center is actually not an Old Curiosity Shop plate....

 

I found the tea pot at a yard sale....
 
 

 The pots of gold and gold coins were bought at Dollar Tree and the little Leprechaun was a gift from my Mother....

 
Another vintage postcard....
 
 
 
This one was rather short and sweet, don't you think???




The middle shelf....

 

 
 
 
I placed ornaments bought at Micheal's inside the mugs that match the sugar bowl and creamer......
 
 

 
 I bought the tea pot ornaments at The Christmas Tree Shop......
 

 In the center is a green depression glass bowl...
 

 
I love the gold pattern around the rim....
 
 
 





On the bottom shelf...




I used green foil paper doilies in the form of a shamrock throughout the entire display...

 
 

And the tea pot that goes with the sugar bowl, creamer and mugs.....


The pipes came from Michael's...

 

 
 
 


 
 
 
 
It is hard to believe that all of my Saint Patrick's Day decorations fit in this one tub.....


It is the use of the Old Curiosity Shop dishes which really add to it, I think!!

In my next post, I will be sharing the remainder of the Saint Pat's decoration that are around the china cupboard....



 
And how I decorated this Tree this year for Saint Patrick's Day!!!!



So I hope you will stop by to visit again on Wednesday!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 

 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!



16 comments:

  1. First: Meals look amazing! I don't know which one I would prefer! I might have to order both and treat ourselves for two days! You always find the best looking pizzas, too. What a fun outing with your family! I can just see the joy in all your faces. What a great time!

    I am facing the same dilemma with St Patrick's day. I have company visiting from out of state the week after the 17th and I might just do Easter and forget the green this year. I am so in love with those dishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your dinners are mouth-watering. How fortunate you all are to have such delicious choices so near.
    I absolutely love the Old Curiosity Shop dishes, as well as the lusterware collection you display in the hall.
    Also the pictures of your grand puppies were adorable. I hope Little Faye is doing well.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! We are enjoying those dinners....The pups are doing fine...Thanks for asking!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  3. Wow always alot to mention. Amazing all the green fits on that one tote! It is fun seeing your transformation. I have been trying to remember Rudolh day. But I am doing it on my book blog and featuring Christmas books.
    I always love visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our lunch was take out subs eaten on the brown wrapping paper; your meals looked so delish! I loved your Irish decor; I was married to an O'Malley for 15 years and love all things Irish! Being Scotch-Irish Polish, I am a delightful combination of stubborn--I mean persistent! Kathy A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave such a nice comment!! I am persistent too!! LOL!! I am of Polish descent...Glad you enjoyed my Irish decor!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. Your St. Patrick's Day cabinet is glowing with all the green accents and shamrocks. Very pretty! I especially like the green wreath. Also -- Azumi reminds me of our dear little Shih Tzu, Isabel. She passed away in 2019 at the age of 16, and we still miss her. I hope Azumi is feeling better now after recovering from surgery. Thank You for linking up at Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 9.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hutch looks great all decorated for St. Patrick's Day! How fun to go to the hocky game with your nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing your collections. I like the Old Curiosity Shop dishes ,I don't believe I have ever come across any vintage picking. I also love your green glass, I always pick it up when ever I can. Thank you for the tour. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, your St. Patrick's Day decor is so cute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful dinners Debbie. You have quite the collections. I am happy to feature your lovely Saint Patrick's cupboard at Love Your Creativity Debbie. I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable display for St. Patrick's Day. It's extremely close to Easter again this year. It's the first year I've done anything for St. Paddy's and I'm regretting it, because now I'm realizing my Easter stuff can't stay out very long now lol. I'm thinking everything bunnies and eggs can stay out for spring as long as it doesn't say Easter. I'm so glad you were able to get out of the house quite a bit! It looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing with us on Crafty Creators!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie,
    Love all of your St. Patrick's Day decor. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2022/03/thursday-favorite-things-party_0344897363.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing collections that you have, love your display especially the little pots of gold and the vintage card on the wreath, perfect for St. Patrick's Day. Your grand pup is a cutie pie. Thanks for sharing it at You're The Star Blog Hop, Debbie. Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a collection of special treasures!

    My birthday is St Paddy’s day, so it’s always held a special place in my heart. As has the legacy of Patrick, once I learned the truth about his story.

    I’ve featured your post at the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!

    God bless!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...