I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, March 6, 2022

A Few New Things and a Project or Two





 

 

 

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post...... 
 
Today's post is going to be a Bit of This and That....
 
In my last post, I shared my Saint Patrick's Day Tree and a few more St. Pat's decorations in the Den.... 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed the post.....


 
This whole post is basically going to be Personal Notes...
 

 

 Food of the Week....

This seems to be a favorite among my readers....

We ate the Reheat and Eat Dinners that I shared in my last post....

 Joey and I had the grilled Chicken with Alfredo Sauce and Risotto!!

 

It was delicious....

Joey liked the Risotto so much that he wants me to learn to make it!!

LOL!

Joe had the white bean Chili which packed quite a punch....

He loved it but it was too spicy for me....

He even ate the Corn Bread!!

Wait till you see what is on the menu for next week...

You can watch videos of Joe's boss, Chef Steve, and his co worker Pat, making 2 of the dinners on the local TV show Pa Live! by clicking HERE!!!

There are 3 video clips....

We are getting 4 dinners next week!!!

LOL!

 

 Joey and I also enjoyed Sam's Club Chicken Fettucine Alfredo...

 While Joe ate the other half of his chili....

I have to Thank my niece Renae for cluing me into the fact that Sam's Club carries not only Mac and Cheese but Chicken Fettucine Alfredo....


Since it is now Lent, that means Potato Pancakes from the Holy Trinity Orthodox Church....

 
 A Buck a piece!!

We bought 20 of them....

We had them for dinner on Friday with PA's famous Old Forge Pizza from Revello's....

This was a bake at home pizza.....


SO GOOD!!!
 
 If you want to learn about Old Forge Pizza, click HERE!!


Yesterday, it was pizza again....

This time it was Gourmet Chicken Supreme ( chicken, bacon and ranch) Pizza from Price Chopper....

Again, the Bake at Home kind.....

 
Lots of yummy chicken!!


 
DELICIOUS!!!
 
 
Also speaking of cooking....
 
The Diocese of Scranton, which our son Joey works for, is holding a Fund Raiser to help Fight Hunger not only to provide financial assistance to the Catholic Social Services Food Kitchens, Shelters and Pantries but also to individual parishes.... 

It is call Rectory, Set Cook!!!

You can read about the 30 priests that are cooking for this Fund Raiser HERE
 
Father Seth, who was the pastor of our Parish but has now been reassigned to another as of tomorrow, makes a meat sauce with pasta in less than an hour and he is quite entertaining....
 
He then makes Bananas Foster, flames and all!!
 

Click to see his video HERE 
 
I liked one of the Kitchen Utensils that Father Seth used so much that Joe bought me one!!
 
 
 
It looks to work great when breaking up ground meat while browning it...



 Looking forward to trying it!!
 
If you want a good laugh and to listen to a song or two from my former pastor Father Jim...
 
 
Click HERE as he meticulously makes a cup of Swiss Miss Cocoa!!!

LOL!!
 
Yes, he is NOT a cook!!

I have always said that if he wasn't a Priest , he would be in Theater!!

I am forever grateful to him for celebrating my Mother's Funeral Mass as a personal favor to me!!!

Even the Bishop and his house mates, which are my son Joey's co workers and Bosses, got in on the action!!


Click HERE to see what they cook up!!

I hope to be able to meet all of them in the near future....

To see more of the Priests who participated in this Fund raiser and learn what they cooked, click HERE


I want to Thank Linda, over at Craft a La Mode, for gifting me these beautiful handmade paper Valentine's, flowers and book marks!!!
 
 

 
 



 
  I LOVE them all and it was a nice surprise to get a package delivered as I do not order online so it was quite the treat!!!
 
 I feel so Blessed that Linda thought of me!!!
 
 THANKS again, Linda!!!!!
 
 
I was also gifted a few runners from Desiree, who is a good friend of the new owner of the house right next to me, Trish....

You remember the "Crazy" neighbor that lived next door to me and how she turned that House into the "House from Hell"???

Desiree recently lost both of her parents and has been slowly cleaning out their home and is kind enough to keep me in mind when doing so!!

 
They look to be handmade and are reversible!!
 
A beautiful Fall one....

 
This one can be used for Valentine's Day or even for the Patriotic Holidays of the Summer....
 
 

For Christmas and looking at the back of it, for Saint Patrick's Day!!

 
Same with this one!!

 
One can never have enough table linens!!

 
And she also included this nice tablecloth!!


Thanks Trish and Desiree!!

Trish has gutted the house next door and has replaced all electrical, plumbing, flooring, moldings...

She will be putting in new bathrooms and a new Kitchen and has rented it out already tentatively for the April 1st....

Her tenant is a single guy, in his late 30's, who will be working from home and has 2 small little dogs...

He was living with his mother who has had to go into a Nursing Home and thus is selling her home because of it...

Trish promised us she would make sure we had a good neighbor and so far it sounds like she was true to her word!!

 Now I just said that I do not order online but I did have some Amazon Gift cards, one from Trish for Christmas because we watch her house, shovel the sidewalks and let her contractors in and one that Joey gifted to me for my Birthday, so I did order a few things through my son Joey as I do not even have an Amazon account!!!

 I bought this lamp for my Craft Room table.....

 
I like that it has this area for storage of some things....

 
It has 36 LED lights.....

 
And it has this handy dandy magnifying glass.......

 
I have to laugh because when I posted this on FB, someone said it looks like a toilet seat!!!!


LOL!!!!

It was $24.99 which is a lot less than many of them that I looked at....

I also got these LED branch lights to replace the ones that died in the Funeral Basket that I decorate for the various Holidays in the Dining Room.....



I love how they look as they as larger than the ones that I had in there previously!!!

 

 

 

Now it is ready for Easter.....

And I ordered my Loreal makeup which has been discontinued as Joe can not find it in any stores!! 


I particularly like this because it does not settle in the wrinkles of women of a certain age!!

LOL!

I also ordered one more thing but I have not received it yet...

It is a package of unpainted wooden chicks that I plan on turning into Easter ornaments for my Kitchen Easter Tree....


Joe's Buys

 Joe decided to use some of his Tip money from work this week and bought himself a new toy....

 

 He had been looking for an inexpensive blower to use on leaves and light snow (even though we have very little yard) for some time now and saw this in Sam's Club for $20 off...from $59.99 to a mere $39.99....

 

 

 

 It will give him something to play with....

 

Joe did happen to find 2 things for 90% off in Big Lot's after Valentine's Day..... 

This was under $1.00...

I think I may use this in a wreath!!

And this was also under $1.00 too!!!

 
I also sent Joe to Dollar Tree for a few Easter things and they were no where to be found at several Dollar Tree stores.....

Joe was told that as soon as they get some in, they fly right off the shelves!!!!
 
He did manage to come home with these.....

 
I plan on embellishing them!!!



 
And he also bought these that were on my list!!

 
I also plan on dabbling a bit with these too!!



Stay tuned!!

 

Inspired by the fortitude of the Ukranian people, I have been thinking of my own Eastern European heritage so I decided to start a project I planned for the Summer... 
 
My paternal grandparents immigrated here from Poland and my maternal Great Grandparents did the same....
 
 Luckily, after my Mother passed away, I took my Mother's pictures, papers and documents that she saved ...
 
 I had one frame that would be a perfect fit  for one of the documents and then I found matching frames for the others.....
 
 First on Amazon, but then I sent Joe to buy them at Michael's for about half the price!!!
 
  I would have paid $30 on Amazon for both and even though I have not been in Michael's in at least a year, I qualified for 20% off and paid $15.28 for the SAME frames!! 
 
I do find Amazon very expensive...
 
I am BLESSED to have my parent's First Holy Communion Certificates and their Wedding certificate....
 
 
 
Even in 1942 when they married, it is still written in Polish!!!!


 Yes, that is the true Polish spelling of my maiden name, Kolojejchick...
 
These are my parent's First Holy Communion certificates from 1928......


 
They were the same age and received First Holy Communion together....



 This is why I get very upset when people in this Country have the attitude that immigrants need to "Learn to speak English"

My paternal grandparents, especially my  grandmother I remember my Dad telling me, and Joe's maternal grandmother, did not learn to speak English before they passed away...

It is very hard to learn a second language ...

However, statistics now show that most countries in the World are multilingual....

Leaving the United States as one of the only countries whose people speak only one language...

Sort of makes us look really stupid in my opinion....

I am astounded at the amount of Ukranian people who speak English!!


 I have other papers like my Dad's discharge papers from the Army. and a lot of family cabinet photos...

I hope to do some sort of Memory Wall...

Where?

I am not quite sure!!!

Maybe on the wall opposite my gallery wall going up the stairs....


I have been busy the past week, packing away Valentine's decorations from the Living Room and Dining Room.....

I have changed over the drapes and curtains in the Living Room....

 


 To Spring/Summer curtains and drapes.....




That also entailed cleaning the windows and mirrors and ironing the curtains and drapes....

I also changed over the linens from the gold chenille ones that I used for Fall/Winter.....

 

 

  To ivory and peach lace ones....



And ivory doilies to peach ones....





Also ironing all of those!!
 
I did more ironing in the past week than I did in the last 6 months!!!
 
 
All the red from Valentine's decorations.....

Are gone from the room, including the hutch....


And the room is now ready for me to decorate it for Easter!!!

The Trees are ready to be decorated.....


Yes, I decided to keep the small Tree up this year and also decorate it for Easter!!

 

 I have really been embracing my love for Victorian style lately because I have been thoroughly enjoying The Gilded Age on HBO Max....

The room decor is amazing!!!






Love this show!!
 
 

Hopefully, by Wednesday when I post again, I will have some Easter decorations to share with you!!!

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on Wednesday!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

13 comments:

  1. First I have to say how jealous I am that you have so many delicious alternatives for meals that you personally don't have to cook! Gosh, all those meals look so tasty and I am going to each of the links for more information. Keep sharing!

    When I saw your "teaser" photos, I said WHAT? Just yesterday I was going through a closet for my cleaning and reorganizing project which is, honestly, mostly making new piles from old piles. As I was shuffling papers from one box to a new box, I found a treasure - my parent's wedding certificate! Mine is in English since my family has been here for a few centuries, but it looks very similar. I had no idea I had it in my possession. I was the only one who stayed in the same town and it has been eight years since we transferred the last of several generations of hoarders over here. I still have random boxes stuck in unexpected places. I also found one of those long panoramic photos all folded up that is my dad's battalion in the Korean War. I will be carefully trying to straighten both items and possibly framing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those meals look delicious for a buck. Wish I lived closer.
    Your St. Pat's, and Easter decorations are beautiful. Its nice to put winter behind us.
    I love Victorian style also. So feminine and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous light, Debbie. I might have to get one like it. And Gilded Age --I'd love to see it but I don't have HBO... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, you certainly have a treasure trove of family memorabilia! I know that gives you a wonderful feeling! My cousin recently sent me a copy of a letter my dad wrote to his father when he was an officer in the Army during World War I. He was twenty-two and the letter gave me a sense of who he was as a young man. I was so elated and really appreciate things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Debbie, I was visiting and lo and behold, there were the little bunch of paper stuff I sent you! ha ha ha... So sweet that you included a picture of them. You are so sweet. I'm glad to know you. Best wishes for a great Spring.. so much to look forward to, right? Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. The First Communion and Wedding certificates are such wonderful treasures, Debbie. I'm sure you'll find the perfect spot for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just had Ash Wednesday last week, so it's time to work on those Easter crafting projects. Looks like you're really staying busy! Thank you for participating in Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-up 10.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  9. Debbie, I enjoyed this so much! I am so hungry now, after seeing all of the yummy food. The Holy Communion and wedding certificates are so precious! You sound like you have a wonderful new neighbor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing your First COmmunion and wedding certificates. WHat treasures. You always share the best decorations for all holidays. I don't know how oyu do it. The priests cooking made me smile. It is funny, people think they don't do such things. I remember a priest contributing a recipe to the Catholic HS recipe book years ago when I was in school. He had been in the US Navy. All the food you showed us made me want one of everything. HaHa thank you and have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a delicious week! I have one of those meat spatulas for breaking up ground meat when cooking and I love it. We often freeze our meat and I am not great at remembering to thaw it out before cooking and that tool cuts into it in no time and breaks it into nice small pieces perfect for tacos or whatever else we're making.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom has a lighted stick tree like that one and she likes it a lot

    It’s fun to find new things!

    Thanks for sharing this at the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!

    Have a great day!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...