I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Late Fall Front Porch and Yard Update. 2019

   Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween....

We had torrential down pours, thunder and lightening and strong wind gusts!!!

I know some of you even had Snow!!!!

Many public Halloween events were postponed and even some towns postponed Trick or Treating until Friday evening....

But now that Halloween is over, I wanted to share a Late Fall update on my Front Porch and Yard.....

But first, I want to Thank these hosts who chose my post, Halloween Tablescape, as one of their features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!

Thanks to Pam, over at An Artful Mom, and Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn for featuring my post!!!
Thanks so much, Pam and Bev!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

In my last post, I shared my Fall/Halloween Home Tour......
 Click HERE if you missed it......

A few weeks ago, the marigolds, that were doing so well in the front of our house, bit the dust so I replaced them with a few Mums and rearranged some things in the front yard that were part of my first post back in September.......

This is how the front porch looked in early September.........
 I still can not get over how those marigolds grew......
 Here is how it looked when I first planted the mums in early October......
And last week with the mums close to full bloom.....
The one urn in front of the house in September......
When I first planted the mum it looked red and I moved the faux pumpkin out of the front yard and placed it in the urn.....
When the mum boomed , it changed color!!
In September......
A mum planted in the small pot.....
In full bloom with a deep rich color!!
It really opened up nicely!!
The pots in front of the railing in September.......
Yellow mums planted in early October......
Marigolds.....
Mums.....
In full bloom...almost!!
The urn on this side of the porch in September......
Re-done in early October......
And last week......
That mum lightened up a bit as it bloomed more.....

This is now how the front porch looks.......
The front flower bed in September........
The impatiens in the pots along side the topiary wilted, were pulled out and those pots were hauled out to be stored in the back patio for the Winter......
 Leaving my topiary as the only thing in the flower bed.........
 Joe also gave the shrubs quite a trim for the Winter!!

The begonias and new guinea impatiens were still going strong until this past Saturday morning when we had our first Frost of the Season.........

It is unusual for us to go so long without having had a frost.......

The begonias did not look too bad.......
But the new guinea impatiens had seen their last day!!
Again, I still can not believe they lasted this long!!!

I had Joe pull them all out.....

He then went in back of our house where there are woods and cut and filled 3 bags of evergreen branches for me!!!!!
There are also some evergreens on the side of our road.......
Thanks Goodness he did not run into the Bear family that has been raiding the dumpsters in our development at night, bulking up before they go into hibernation!!!

Some of our neighbors have encountered the bears......

Joe just saw some deer in the woods........

Even though we live next to the largest shopping area in our County, we still have wild life that comes out of the woods!!!

He knows to get several different types of greenery......
So I filled the long planter next to the porch.......
 These stay out here all year long and I do not like leaving them empty.....
As the temps. drop, the branches will freeze in there and they have lasted all Winter long in years past!!!
I filled the urns on the wall separating my yard from my neighbors.......

The back one.......
The long planter between the urns.....
And the front one.....
Looking at them from the other side......
I think they came out pretty good!!!
So this is how the front flower bed under the Living Room window looks now......
When I decorate for Christmas, I will move the pots that now hold the yellow mums in front of the porch into this flower bed and fill them with greenery making it easier to shovel the sidewalk when the snow comes......
This is how my faux mailbox looked in September.......
And now........
I had changed the mailbox cover and replaced the begonia in the small pot underneath with greenery......
My park bench......
How it looked in September......
A red gerber daisy was still blooming......
And so were the yellow marigolds......
I replaced them with mums in early October.......
In full bloom now.....
I replaced the impatiens that were planted in the vintage watering can with greenery.......
Through out the Fall Season, I have been keeping you updated on the Tree across from us in my neighbor's yard.......

In early September, the leaves started to change.......
In mid October, the Tree was ablaze with color!!!
Last week, it was starting to fade.......
This is what it looked like on Wednesday, October 30........
After the wind and rain on the 31st, this is what it looked like on Friday, November 1st!!!!!!
I could not believe it in the morning when I got up and looked out the window at a bare Tree!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I changed up our front porch and yard as the Fall Season progressed and the changes I made preparing for the Winter ahead.......
The front of our house will stay like this for about another 2 weeks and then we will strip it of all Fall decorations and decorate for Christmas......

It is our tradition to light up the front of the house for Christmas for the first time of the Holiday Season on Thanksgiving Day night.......

Joe and I went to 2 local Craft Fairs this past Saturday and it was great seeing some family members.....

My cousin Terry and her mom, my Aunt Marge, who is 94 years old, and was going home to bake pies!!!

My Aunt Marge is the last one left from my Dad's brothers and sisters and their spouses.....

I also saw my second cousins Diane and Dot and I bought this cute Snow Man Tissue Holder from Diane who was a vendor.......
 I will be using this in my Kitchen all Winter long!!

And we also saw some vendor friends that I knew from when I ran our church's Craft Fair and was also a vendor......

Joe bought this Pittsburgh Pens Snow man pillow for himself!!!!
Aren't they both cute??????
Today, Sunday, November 3rd, we will be enjoying our church's Pasta Dinner with homemade Fettucine noodles and sausage!!!!

And we "Fell" back  last night setting the clocks back one hour!!

I actually got an extra hour of sleep and did not have to work an extra hour of night shift since it always seemed to fall on my weekend to work!!

This will be the last planned post here on my regular Blog as I will be moving over to my Christmas Blog with my next post.......

I will be providing links here to each one of my Christmas posts on A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!!

So I hope you will follow me there and join me for some Christmas fun and decorating.......

I already have my upstairs decorated with 10 trees up.......

In the hall......
 In the Craft Room.......
 In the Sitting Room.......
In the Bathroom......
And in the Master Bedroom......
Sooooooo.......

I hope you will come back and visit again as I showcase what Big Lot's has to offer for Christmas and what I have bought in my next post!!!!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

I am linking up to these parties:

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

 SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty greenery. Bears! Oh no!
    I love those pretty deep orange, yellow and red mums. Such vibrate color.
    We are having to rake a ton of leaves now. It is getting chillier real fast. Before ya know it, snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much pretty fall colors! Everything around here is mostly dead now since we've had quite a cold spell these last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Debbie!
    You and Joe sure have done a wonderful job of decorating your porch and yard. What a terrific idea filling the planters with greenery. (Bears in the woods behind you???)
    As always, it's such a delight to read your post and peek at all the lovely things in your home. Take care.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Yes, we have had bear around here for the past 40 years that we have lived here and they usually raid our dumpsters this time of year before they go into hibernation...We don't go out to throw anything in the dumpster once it starts to get dark...Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  4. Your porch looks beautiful. Looking forward to seeing how you change it up for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not at all ready for Christmas decorating but I can see why you would need to get a head start! I love the Sneezin dispenser -- that's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plants look amazing: such a cheery look to the front porch!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bears..............Yikes, that does not sound good!
    Your yard is amazing, I still have Pansies and Petunias I need to plant, I just cant get into it.
    Thank yo for sharing your fall post on #omhgff
    Have a safe weekend!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved seeing all of your photographs, everything looks so colourful.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie! Everything looks so beautiful! Love your decor! Thanks so much for sharing with us on Farm Fresh Tuesdays! I hope you'll come back this evening or tomorrow for our 3 Weeks of Thanksgiving Special Hop Event!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yard looks so pretty throughout the whole fall season, Sandra!!! I just sat and really read through everything that I didn't get to while picking shares for this week's Share Your Style #232 (of which this post is featured). <3 I love the Sneezin Snowman and your Christmas trees (which I am sharing next week for the beginning of the Christmas season, btw). I've been looking at my plants and pulled in my hydrangeas and a few others inside out of the freezing temps. Still have to dig in some boxwood and holly this weekend... Always a bunch of garden chores! Plus masses of acorns and now the leaves... ;)

    Happy to have a house again, though. :D Enjoy your fall decor and changing everything to winter. Love your tall white urn!!!
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...