I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, November 11, 2019

Veteran's Day

Just a quick post here in my regular Blog remembering the Veterans in my family this Veteran's Day......

My Dad was a Master Sargent in the Army during WWII and was stationed for some time in Italy.....
My parents were married right before he shipped out.....
 All 5 of the Kolojejchick Brothers served during WWII.......

My dad and his brothers were first generation Americans , born to Polish Immigrants......

My Uncles John and Lenny were in the Navy.....

Serving in the Army like my Dad, my Uncle Midge was a mechanic in the Army Air Corp and my Uncle Joe, who received a Bronze Star, was stationed in the Phillipine Islands....
This was an article that appeared in the local newspaper about them......

My late Great Nephew Craig served in the Army Reserves.....
I want to sincerely THANK all the Veterans and their families for their service......

I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, Lunch with a Dear Friend and More Halloween Goodies, As the Most Clicked On post from the Over the Moon Party from October 26th!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!!

I also want to Thank Marliyn, over at Marilyn's Treats, for featuring my post, Late Fall Front Porch and Front Yard, from last week's Over the Moon  Party!!
Thanks so much, Marilyn!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

Check out my new posts over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!! 

Hugs,
Deb







3 comments:

  1. Wow all brothers serving that must have been hard for their parents. So many to be thankful to over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story and photos, Debbie. We have to be so thankful to all the families that have served to keep us safe. Thanks for your visit. I can't wait to see a little snow. It is that time of year..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honoring them all. Thank you, Debbie, for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...