I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A Haunting Edgar Allan Poe Buffet, 2018

Welcome!!

In this post, I will begin sharing my Halloween decorations in the Dining Room......

I decorate our Living Room for Fall but the Dining Room belongs to Halloween!!!

But first, I want to Thank Michelle, over at Our Crafty Mom, for choosing my post, Fall Front Porch, to be among those she featured on her board 15 Welcoming Fall and Halloween Porch Ideas from last week's Merry Monday Link Party!!!
Thanks so much, Michelle!!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!!

Today, I will be sharing the first of my posts showing my Halloween decorations in the Dining Room.......

I will start with my Haunting Edgar Allen Poe Buffet in the Dining Room.............

Last year was the first year that I decorated the buffet like this.........
The above picture was taken last year......

Last year, I made quite a few things for this theme.......

Like Potion Bottles........
Click HERE and HERE if you missed those posts.......

I also made Halloween Potion Books and Frames......
Click HERE if you missed that post.....

And a few more Halloween things.......
Click HERE if you missed that post......

This is the corner of the Dining Room where the Buffet is.........
 
Let's take a look above the buffet........
In the corner hangs a Halloween Tussie Mussie.......
On the shelf is a pumpkin Jack O Lantern and hanging from the magnolia plaque are 2 skeleton ornaments......
 In the corner on the floor, is a Witch, a pumpkin and a cute Trick or Treater.........
  I bought this Witch, which is sitting on a pedestal, last year in Wegman's.......
On the floor is a pumpkin that I embellished with a spider sitting on top of it.......
And a cute Bearington Bear Trick or Treater......
Back to the buffet........
I did arrange things a bit differently this year......
Instead of using two pedestals, I only used the new one that I got for my Birthday in January.....
Okay, let's start on the left side.......
I left the vintage lamp on the buffet.......
A Spell book that I made with a black crow ( or you may want to call it a Raven in this case) on top of it.......
A Potion Bottle that I made.......
I bought this Edgar Allen Poe "Quoth The Raven Nevermore" typewriter last year.......
I glued a spiderweb candleholder to a wooden candlestick that I painted black and put a flameless candle inside of it.......
A framed picture of Edgar Allen Poe " Once upon a Midnight Deary" flanked by 2 potion bottles......
 Smaller potions bottles are also displayed on a mirrored round......
An embellished clock set on Midnight......
 A cute Halloween water globe sits in front of the potion bottles....
The center of the buffet........
On the shelf above the buffet.......
 A framed picture titled Twisted Twigs.......
 Flanked by a potion bottle, black crow and a small black "Twisted" Tree.......
Under neath the shelf is the mirrored gold pedestal that I mentioned previously.......
More Potion Bottles are displayed on top of it......
Along with a skull, a bone, and some Fall leaves.......
Beneath the pedestal........
Another framed "Quoth The Raven Nevermore" picture.......


A Potion Book that I made.......
You can see that there are a few Creepy Crawly Things on the book like a roach, a mouse and a spider!!!!
Over on the right side of the buffet......
I bought the Skeleton Candleholder at Gabes last year.......
I used battery operated candles that come on by timer ............
A bunch of Potion Bottles are displayed on a mirrored round........

 A white ceramic pumpkin from Dollar tree and a Halloween water globe.....
 Sitting in a sterling silver wedding basket is a skull that I "glammed" up a bit........
After seeing this skull on Pier One's website last year.....
I added a few rhinestones and gems to a plain skull I already had.........
I forgot to mention that I used a black spider web runner placed over a white lace runner that I already had on the buffet........
I hope you enjoyed seeing my Haunting Edgar Allen Poe buffet for this Halloween.......
In my next post, I will be sharing more Halloween Vignettes in the Dining Room........
 So I hope you will be back to visit again.....

  I am linking up to these parties:

Hello, Fall Link Party 

 Hauntingly Beautiful Decor Halloween Link Party

 WEDNESDAY 
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party


FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Let's Party!!

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Deb, very eerie and creepy. Love all the Raven stuff..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know how to decorate your house to the max! Love the black bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your buffet, Debbie . . . Scary indeed! - Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wheee ... cute stuff is ok but I really love spooky stuff more! That looks awesome! We would love for you to share at Let’s Party! https://themarkandjanshow.com/2018/10/09/lets-party-37 Looking forward to seeing you there! #LetsParty #TheMarkandJanShow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I don't think I have ever seen so much Halloween decor, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clock is adorable. So is the raven in the picture frame with the quote. Cute theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a scary post!! Hahaha, congratulations for your decorations!!!!
    Hugs,
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!
    https://ilvecchiomulinodellerocche.wordpress.com/2018/10/15/ragged-hearth/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is so scary and spooky. Very well done again
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your potion bottles and your Pier One knockoff! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your potion bottles and skelly heads are so cool!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. As an English nerd, I had to come see the Poe buffet. Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Debbie, how do you find the time to always make such lovely scenes to celebrate the different seasons and holidays? What with the Harvest Tea you guys hosted and all the preparations you did, I can't get over the fact that you still find spare minutes somewhere to do up your Edgar Allan Poe buffet. And there are so many little details all over the place. That little bear is too precious and I still love those potion bottles you made last year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie I remember this and I also remember that you inspired me to do some Poe inspired decor at my house! I am featuring your Poe post at this weeks OVER THE MOON LINK PARTY which goes live tonight at 5 pm central. Please stop by and link up again!
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...